Snoopy/Dale unofficial patch

A. one treasue, one galleon - this was the behaviour in Colonization1994 and also in FreeCol. 6 treasures in one ship gives a too big boost to the players economy.

No, it does not because:

A) Galleons of Civ4Col are much slower then those in Col1.
B) Treasures of Civ4Col are of much lower value then those of Col1

P.S.
Also Col1 veteran.
(but on PC :D)

No, it does not because:

A) Galleons of Civ4Col are much slower then those in Col1.
B) Treasures of Civ4Col are of much lower value then those of Col1

P.S.
Also Col1 veteran.
(but on PC :D)
the funny thing was that I 1st loaded only 1 treasure on a galleon until I noticed that I had ore loaded too. So from my experience I love the fixes from Dale :goodjob:

It sure is amazing how many people want to argue what is a bug and what isn't a bug even when they have never looked at the code.

Before you start coming on here and claiming that one of these bug fixes wasn't a bug, you should be ready to post code showing that it wasn't a bug. Dale is 100 percent right, if you look at the SDK then the bugs are obvious.

Does this Patch work with the latest Patch? Because I get alot of XML load errors when loaded this. When I use the PatchMod I get Kernel.32 errors each time I try to start a game.

This PatchMod is not compatible with Firaxis patch. But Firaxis used the PatchMod as the basis for the patch. So, you don't need PatchMod as the Patch = PatchMod + more. :)

Dale, maybe you should update the first posting of this thread so new player don't get confused about this?

Often enough, an unofficial fan patch is more current than the latest official releases, so I could understand people getting a wrong picture here.

This PatchMod is not compatible with Firaxis patch. But Firaxis used the PatchMod as the basis for the patch. So, you don't need PatchMod as the Patch = PatchMod + more. :)

Wow that is great work then. Thank you!

Does this patch work with the Steam version? When I try to load this patch I get lots of failed loading xml errors.

AFAIK Steam automatically patches your game to the latest official version, and as Dale said a few posts ago, this mod was included in the official 1.01 (final) Firaxis patch.
So you don't need this at all

@Dale

Nice to still see you around in this forum. :)
Still remember you as one of the "First Pioneers" of Civ4Col modding.

Your mod Age Of Disccover II and Patch Mod were kind of the start for the modding scene to later be followed by mods like TAC, RaR, WTP ...
So thanks again for being an inspiration for all later Civ4Col modders like myself that followed the trail. :cowboy:

I wish you a lot of success with your new game. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom