Inquisition

Bmarnz,

You will have to use the appropriate/correct language, but here is my programming strategy for determining if a player has achieved a religious victory:

Set MyRVCheck as Boolean
Set ReligiousVictory as Boolean

MyRVCheck = True
ReligiousVictory = False

If Tech Divine Right has been discovered then
....If player state religion = 75% religious influence then
........Loop through all player owned cities
............If state religion exists in city then
................If non-state religion exists in city then
....................MyRVCheck = False
....................Exit Function
................End If
............Else
................MyRVCheck = False
................Exit Function
............End If
........End loop
....Else
........MyRVCheck = False
........Exit Function
....End If
Else
....MyRVCheck = False
....Exit Function
End if

If MyRVCheck = True Then
....ReligiousVictory = True
....‘Player has won a Religious Victory
End IF

All it takes is one false condition to show that a religious victory has not been achieved. ;) This code covers 4 out of 5 of the proposed pre-requisites for achieving the victory condition. I hope this strategy triggers some ideas and is helpful. :)

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Hi Guys! Just a copple of question on this AWESOME MOD!!! :p

1) I use the LIMITED RELIGION mod... But I can Found MORE THAN 1 RELIGION... How Can it be???? :confused: :confused:

2) Can I remove religions from other Civs (With same religion, theocracy and open boarders) using My Inquisitors???

NICE WORK Bmarz!!! You are great!!!

1) I use the LIMITED RELIGION mod... But I can Found MORE THAN 1 RELIGION... How Can it be???? :confused: :confused:

Something must be wrong on the LR version you are running. In the LR version, civilizations are not supposed to found a new religion if they already control a Holy city. Bmarntz might have a better explaination for why this happened.

2) Can I remove religions from other Civs (With same religion, theocracy and open borders) using My Inquisitors???

Conducting foreign inquisitions is only a suggested change for this mod and has not been implemented yet. I hope this change will eventually be added, as all of the prerequisites for conducting foreign inquisitions appear to make sense.

First on the change agenda, should be the recommended religious unity prerequisits for a religious victory. Next should be the Holy City reappearance after one was razed or purged. Lastly, I hope to see limited foreign inquisitions based upon the recommended prerequisits.

These are nice improvements to an already awesome mod. :trophy: It's an agressive schedule, but if anyone can make it happen Bmarnz can. :)

Very Respectfully,

Here's My MOD:

If you guys want to take a look... Here's where I merged the Inquisitor 1.6 and works perfectly...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248049

Conducting foreign inquisitions is only a suggested change for this mod and has not been implemented yet. I hope this change will eventually be added, as all of the prerequisites for conducting foreign inquisitions appear to make sense.

That's a very good idea and I hope that Bmarnz can do something for all of us... :lol: :lol:

NOTICE ABOUT THE BAD WORKING OF LIMITED RELIGION IN MY MOD: People Reports that once you found a Religion, the civilization that discover it, found TWO RELIGION instead of ONE!!!

I have an absolutely rediculous question, but when I download this mod, I get a file called something like "limitedreligions.rar" and that's it... and I'm not sure what to do with this file. I tried adding it to the mod folder as a stand alone mod and it doesn't seem to work. Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

.rar-files need to be unzipped first. (It's basically sort of a zipfile.) If it's a mod(-ular), place it in your Mods folder; if it's a scenario, place it in your Scenarios folder, etc.

.rar-files need to be unzipped first. (It's basically sort of a zipfile.) If it's a mod(-ular), place it in your Mods folder; if it's a scenario, place it in your Scenarios folder, etc.

Great, thanks!

I use the LIMITED RELIGION mod... But I can Found MORE THAN 1 RELIGION... How Can it be???? :confused: :confused:

At the end I had LIMITED RELIGION VERSION works very strange on my mod...

Some Civs can Found Religions... But others can't! (For example if I first discover Meditation as ROMANS i can't found nothing, BUT if I first discover Meditation as EGYPTIAN I Can Found religion...

This get me crazy. Probably there is some conflict with other stuffs in my mod...

HOWEVER, THANKS A LOT BMARNZ. You Are GREAT! :goodjob:

Hi, I think this is a great mod and enjoy playing it.

However, I've been trying to combine it with the Next War mod and have been encountering problems.

I can do the xml fine, but every time I try to combine the python files of both mods I always end up with an inquisitor whose button doesn't work.

If anyone has combined these two mods or is good with python can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I'm thinking the Religious Victory is a tad too easy, even with Limited Religion. Is there any way to add a check that you have to own your religions Holy City (Maybe also the Shrine) and that it's either the only holy city left or that there's say 3 or less left.

For my personal game, I don't want/think the religious victory should be completely peaceful.

THANKS!!!

Great Mod by the way!:) :)

Hi, I think this is a great mod and enjoy playing it.

Also, I'm thinking the Religious Victory is a tad too easy, even with Limited Religion. Is there any way to add a check that you have to own your religions Holy City (Maybe also the Shrine) and that it's either the only holy city left or that there's say 3 or less left.

For my personal game, I don't want/think the religious victory should be completely peaceful.

THANKS!!!

Great Mod by the way!:) :)

I agree: This is a great mod and it is a little too easy to achieve a religious victory. When Bmarntz gets back from the holidays, we have plans to increase the difficulty by creating 5 pre-requisits for a religious victory:

1. 75% religious influence

2. 100% religious unity in all cities

3. 0% non-state religions in all cities

4. All religions must be founded

5. First chance for religious victory can occur 10 turns after last religion is founded. (Note: Item 5 may or may not be added)

These pre-requisits will not only make it more difficult to achieve a religious victory, but they will reward the achievement of religious unity. This is one of two big improvements that will make the mod more historically accurate.

IMO this mod is one of those gems you just can't live without, when you play Civ4.

Very Respectfully,

Gah. I keep having trouble combining the python for this and Next War.

I always end up with a button that doesn't do anything on the Inquisitor.

Anyone with tips, or who has combined the two mods and have the python file?

Thanks Again!

And that's cool about the expanded victory settings. Can't wait.

hi, great mod idea

i have a little question about the code:

what do i have to change to only get the Limited Religions (Civilizations can't found a new religion if they already control a Holy city) without the Inquisitor stuff.

hi, great mod idea

i have a little question about the code:

what do i have to change to only get the Limited Religions (Civilizations can't found a new religion if they already control a Holy city) without the Inquisitor stuff.

But the inquisitor stuff is so cool! That is what makes this mod one of the best mod components available for CIV4 BTS. ...And we have plans to make this mod even better.

To answer your question: On a brief comparison of the inquisition mod with and without the limited religions feature, I found these files were either added or had changes:

CvScreensInterface.py
CvEventManager.py
CvTechChooser.py
CvGameUtils.py
CIV4ReligionInfo.xml
CIV4TechInfos.xml
Inquisitor_CIV4GameText.xml

V/R,

Gah. I keep having trouble combining the python for this and Next War. I always end up with a button that doesn't do anything on the Inquisitor. Anyone with tips, or who has combined the two mods and have the python file?

Try using a free program called WINMERGE. This application will help you to determine the differences between 2 files and help you to combine python and XML files with ease.

V/R,

thx for reply, yeah the whole package is awesome and if i can manage it to start the mod i have in mind the inquisitor has to be part of it, but for now i don't want to change too much

I'm trying to merge this with zUnitEnslavement's python code and I just don't get it. Winmerge doesn't really help me figure it out, zunitenslavement seems like it should be easy to add to anything but I'm really lost when it comes to python. Can someone please help me or go ahead and merge the two (it looks really easy if you know what you're doing)?

Top Bottom