Things That Defy Logic

Remember Mad-Cow Disease (BSE). Prions, the extremely heat resistant germs causing it, were transfered because cattle was fed with fish meal. Plants and animals aren't all that biologically different (because of the high %-age of shared common genome, we all evolved from one common ancestor after all.) In fact herbivores eat a lot of animal protein in form of insects found in the grass.

Remember Mad-Cow Disease (BSE). Prions, the extremely heat resistant germs causing it, were transfered because cattle was fed with fish meal. Plants and animals aren't all that biologically different (because of the high %-age of shared common genome, we all evolved from one common ancestor after all.) In fact herbivores eat a lot of animal protein in form of insects found in the grass.

While most of what you say is correct, and many herbivores are fed a signifigant amount of animal protien, BSE was not caused by feeding fish meal. It was probably caused by recycled herbivor protien, probably cattle (but possibly sheep) meat and bone meal containing CNS materal.

I could not leave it uncorrected. Carry on ;)

I'm pretty sure this isn't true, unless there's a vocabulary conflict. Tarlelton's men fought on horseback, and the American cavalry almost decimated the British Redcoats at Guilford Courthouse (until Cornwallis turned cannon fire on to his own men).

A clever though ruthless decision.

Come to think of it, all the colonists appear to be male, so I don't know how that population grows at all.

You forget the sugar planter. She's female. So strictly speaking, one should have a sugar planter in every colony before the population can grow. :mischief:

Nope. Hundreds of dudes are changing to women.
Truth is: The natives are aliens doing strange experiments on willing colonist. They come away from the alien spaceship, disguised as a village, as nothing more than borg like sugar planters -- strangely transformed into women.

This must be the truth! :rotfl:

Not only that, but the natives also train there own converts. Now we know why - they are actually spies infiltrating your settlements. And sugar planters being the only women, that means that gradually, the population turns into alien halfbreeds! Did Sid Meier know about this infamous plan? Did they get at him too?

While most of what you say is correct, and many herbivores are fed a signifigant amount of animal protien, BSE was not caused by feeding fish meal. It was probably caused by recycled herbivor protien, probably cattle (but possibly sheep) meat and bone meal containing CNS materal...

... which was mixed to the regularly fed fish meal.
Thanks for setting the record straight. :blush:

on things that defy logic

When protesting a tax, people dump your own production into the sea? I protest by punishing myself, great way to protest! Correct me if i'm wrong :p, but at the Boston Tea Party imported, customs-exempt tea (by the royally protected, East India Company) was dumped into the sea.

When protesting a tax, people dump your own production into the sea? I protest by punishing myself, great way to protest! Correct me if i'm wrong :p, but at the Boston Tea Party imported, customs-exempt tea (by the royally protected, East India Company) was dumped into the sea.

One message that always made me feel slightly sick was: "Penobscot [Boston/New Amsterdam/Whatever] horse party! Furious colonists dump 97 tons of horses into the harbour!

There are other females as well: Betsy Ross, Sor Huana and Pocahontas :)

Things that defy logic:
>> I hunt deer for furs and I don't get any food.
>> Ships are made of wood, tools and muskets. No sails or cannons whatsoever :) (and we have both cotton resource and cannons in game)
>> Most buildings are made of bricks... wooden bricks?
>> Horses don't breed unless man tell them to do so.
>> Silver is pink
>> All leaders are at my disposal every moment I please. Cellphones ftw!

When protesting a tax, people dump your own production into the sea? I protest by punishing myself, great way to protest! .

Reminds me of the LA riots after the Rodney King verdict. "i'm mad at the system, so let's burn out community to the ground."

If I recall, the Sons of Liberty threw tea from SHIPS overboard, not their own storehouses.

Military horses are different from draft horses. You don't need a team of particularly high quality horses to pull a wagon... but you're not going to want to charge into battle on an old nag.

Still, it might be interesting to represent the colonists beating their ploughshares into swords so to speak... converting your peacetime assets into (less effective) war-time assets.

Military horses are different from draft horses. You don't need a team of particularly high quality horses to pull a wagon... but you're not going to want to charge into battle on an old nag.

Still, it might be interesting to represent the colonists beating their ploughshares into swords so to speak... converting your peacetime assets into (less effective) war-time assets.

Heh. Phaps one should be able to turn a wagon train + a colonist into a "yokel militia on old jades" unit - a dragoon with lower fighting abilities than ordinary colonial dragoons but the possibility to become better if they are successful in battle.

I'm not entirely joking. Also, I do think the system where units could become veterans in the New World through winning battles should have been retained.

they got it from being fed cow brains in the meal. Human cannibals have the same problem even if they do not eat infect cow meat...gee what a surprise most cannibals are crazy...

What's funny is population growth due to... over abundance of food. because we all know that if you eat too much, a baby comes.

Oh my! So that means I'm not overweight but pregnant?! :mischief: Why didn't my momma tell me?

Yaeh, but look at the possibilities of using war horses to pull a wagon ... - you'd finally get to play war chariots in Colonization!! :lol:

What's funny is population growth due to... over abundance of food. because we all know that if you eat too much, a baby comes.

Many historians claim that increased food production has lead to population booms.

Also this entire thread is hilarious :goodjob:

Hey, does this defy logic:

I have to wait turn after turn for the king to get his ships to America to attack me. And then I'm informed I have 50 turns until the game is over. HEY, I'm not the hold up! Not m fault the kings ships are lost at sea.

It takes two turns, at least, to cross the Atlantic, one way. That means a round trip takes 4 years.

Pirates can't sell some of the goods they steal, if the colonists have had a party, and what they do sell they pay taxes on. "Avast, ye lubber. I be killin and pillagin, and rapin too, but I draws the line at cheatin on me taxes." :lol:

Pirates pay taxes... that's funny.

It sure doesn't take the king 4 years to come get the gold he offers to transport! No sir, he can beam that stuff straight to England.

Top Bottom