A Dear Wish

There are three reasons why I keep posting complaints about Col II. The first one is that I can't help complaining about the new version of a game I enjoy, and still enjoy, so much. The second one is that I find talking about the original one more enjoyable than playing Col II. But the third, and probably more constructive, one is my hope that Firaxis will take heed of what I and many others say and produce the game that they could have given us in the first place; apparently, the coding isn't really a problem when it comes to the things we really care about. Things such as the size of the maps, what makes the REF grow, the Indians and so forth - God knows many of us have made many posts about all the wonderful things in the original game.

In other words, I believe that Firaxis could give us who loved the original Col what we want, even as an XP. There would be takers, once we felt assured that this was the real thing. Moreover, I'm sure many people who never played Col I would enjoy it too.

What I would truly enjoy would be: the original game (including the old time limit) + the new graphics + cultural borders + not removing one European rival at a certain point of the game + maps that are big, as in the original game. Period. That would be sufficient, really. Oh yes, a REF that depends on difficulty and time, not on how many liberty bells you generate, but that is definitely a feature from the original game.

Öjevind Lång;7381723 said:
What I would truly enjoy would be: the original game (including the old time limit) + the new graphics + cultural borders + not removing one European rival at a certain point of the game + maps that are big, as in the original game. Period. That would be sufficient, really. Oh yes, a REF that depends on difficulty and time, not on how many liberty bells you generate, but that is definitely a feature from the original game.

I agree, that sounds very good. Fixing the Trade route and other bugs etc from the original wouldn't hurt either.

Top Bottom