Improvements, features etc.

If you work at features anymore, here's a tricky one: Rain (not animated).
Point is, a moving storm on seas and snow that damages units would be awesome, but currently, I lack feature graphics for it (and I guess AoI mods blizzard is simply too grand for a big map.

If you work at features anymore, here's a tricky one: Rain (not animated).
Point is, a moving storm on seas and snow that damages units would be awesome, but currently, I lack feature graphics for it (and I guess AoI mods blizzard is simply too grand for a big map.

We have the animated storm working in Caveman2Cosmos without problems. I did try adding the blizzard and it works but it is hard to tell which plot it was on and it obscured units and stuff on the plots "behind" it. They both worked on the Giant Earth Map and on gigantic and enormous map sizes. Unfortunately C2C is too big to play on those size maps. :(

I have downloaded rain animated with cloud ane without too. I have some planes with in my mod. :)

Regarding your problem, try using several models at different fields. Like Platyping great barriers in NW...

2015/6/29Watermill_SA
download

R: Watermill_SA

That looks quite awesome. Now if just someone with coding skills showed up...

And regarding that animated rain you had... Where? I tried to look at your downloads, but I couldn't find it (at least partially because navigating downloads is a pain and without search-function).

I did an ingame test, the model needs to be magnified 2.5 times and it is nicer lighter

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 51
Hi guys,

I am looking for good 3D graphics for an Improvement "Ship Canal". (That may allow ships to pass a land plot, buildable by Pioneers.)
It should fit the colonial time period, since that is the time period of our mod WTP. (Colonization of the Americas, Columbus till War of Independence)

2D graphics (e.g. Buttons) I could easily create myself.
But of course I would not mind them already being created either.

Just wondering:
(Not really necessary for the graphics.)
Spoiler :

Could an improvement know how the water plots next to it are located considering directions. :think:
Is something like that even possible to consider in an Improvement? :dunno:
(e.g. crossing the canal South to North vs. crossing the canal East to West ...)

Please help. :hug:
Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Topsecret solves the situation by converting a ground square to a water square.

But I also know that he worked in the reverse guard with bridges on the water squares and there he had to deal with something similar to what you write about.

I am very interested in this topic and if I have how, I will try to help.

@hrochland
Thanks for the reply. :hug:

----

We already have "Large Rivers" as a Terrain. (see here)
(In our mod it is Large Rivers like Amazonas or Mississippi.)

--> Also below in the screenshot the Water-Terrain with "Green Coast"
(middle of the "continent" in image)

We also have lots of other Water Terrains. (see here)
Like e.g. "Coasts", "Ocean", "Shallow Coasts", "Lakes", "Ice Lakes" ... all having their own game mechanics.

And creating a Pioneer Action to convert Terrains is a piece of cake for any DLL programmer.
(We already have several examples for that in our mod. e.g. for "Draining Swamps" or "Draining Wetlands".)

I could easily create another Water Terrain but this time I really want to use an Improvement.
(Lots of reasons for that, see below. Immersion, technical, gameplay, ... .)

See e.g. the Terrains we currently have. - And as I said, I could easily create more ...
(Different Water Terrains should be recogizable, all having specific gameplay rules.)

-----

However this time:

I am really looking for Improvement graphics that I can use. My game concept simply does not fit a Terrain. (Also we already have Terrain "Large Rivers".)
It is highly "unimmersive" for the Colonial Age to dig something like an "Amazonas River". (And I do not want to implement a new Terrain "Canal" just for it.)
Also I want to implement other logic for the "Canal" as well, basically reusing code I had written 10 years ago already.

-----

The best solution for the game feature I have in mind is a new Improvement, since Terrain based stuff is much more effort / trouble.
Once I have graphics for an Improvement, it is a piece of cake for me to program the logic. :thumbsup:
(I have been programming Civ4Col DLL since 13 years and basically already have all prototype logic ready.)

Summary:

I really just need Improvement 3D graphic that looks like a "Canal". (Colonial Times style, not modern)
I will take whatever I can get, as long as it matches at least a little bit. :hug:

I am simply a programmer and programming game logic is usually a piece of cake for me. :badcomp:
But considering graphics I often need to ask talented graphical modders to make it look good. :help:

Last edited:
Top Bottom