Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hi.

What do I do to not load any of the extra religions, preferably without breaking saved games?
I'm in particular wanting to remove Jainism, Mormon, Scientology, Shamanism, Sikh, Voodoo, and Yoruba.

Reasons? Less to load, maybe enabling one of our players to not get Black Terrain *shudder*. With Shamanism it's more because I feel Shamanism and Druidism are basically the same thing, just popped up in different locations of the world.

Epona222: You're very welcome and good job figuring the negative :beaker: out.
Cheers.

I have the same feelings exactly, I would really like to remove those religions, they are quite useless.

I was thinking of that too.
Some of those "religions" have been around only a short time, and have had little impact on the world as a whole.

But, my main question is: Does this Mod work in multiplayer?
In "Pie's Ancient Europe IV" Mod, he states his is. I wasn't looking to test dozens of mods or only use them in single player for myself. I need to use them in with other people.
Your Mod looks very good. I'd like a mod with more early parts.
"The Stone Age" Mod looked good, but, it is only 1 player. :(

Do you meet the requirements of post # 7

btw Welcome to CFC.

ah, sorry I thought I included my systems details in my last post:
OS is Windows Vista, two 2.4 GHz cores (64 bit), 4GB RAM, free disk space >100GB, only the graphic card is with 512 MB (geforce 9600 GT) under your 1GB suggestion, but I had hoped that turning the graphic setting to low would help... but can insufficient hardware cause a crash when clicking on the single player entry? It is supposed to show the next menu with "play now!", "load game", etc. ...
Anyway, thanks for your quick reply.

the mod is the best ever .This mod made me come back to civ 4
good job my friend

I am really thankful you wrote, the "Team" really appreciates these kind words, well actually so do i, so again thx,

the next version will be 10X better and waaay more competitive. Tons and tons of improvements.

btw Welcome to CFC.

ah, sorry I thought I included my systems details in my last post:
OS is Windows Vista, two 2.4 GHz cores (64 bit), 4GB RAM, free disk space >100GB, only the graphic card is with 512 MB (geforce 9600 GT) under your 1GB suggestion, but I had hoped that turning the graphic setting to low would help... but can insufficient hardware cause a crash when clicking on the single player entry? It is supposed to show the next menu with "play now!", "load game", etc. ...
Anyway, thanks for your quick reply.

It might be the Vista problem, but when was the last time you updated your graphics card drivers?

It might be the Vista problem, but when was the last time you updated your graphics card drivers?

Driver wasn't the latest, but the update didn't solve the problem... are you mentioning a specific Vista problem or the problem with Vista generally?

I was thinking of that too.
Some of those "religions" have been around only a short time, and have had little impact on the world as a whole.

But, my main question is: Does this Mod work in multiplayer?
In "Pie's Ancient Europe IV" Mod, he states his is. I wasn't looking to test dozens of mods or only use them in single player for myself. I need to use them in with other people.
Your Mod looks very good. I'd like a mod with more early parts.
"The Stone Age" Mod looked good, but, it is only 1 player. :(

As far as we know it does. We are 4 that play somewhat regularly. We do have some problems with late game OOS due to massive amounts of data and calculations going on but playing on smaller maps and without events seems to work.

Cheers

Ah, Black Terrain.

I tried EVERYTHING. Anything in this thread or the other one. Nothing's worked. I've tried to restart over and over in vain. It worked fine for a week, but today it just broke I guess. I had black terrain before too, but all I had to do was restart. Oh, and the game crashes when I load my save.

And I was so happy that I could play after negative beakers was fixed. Oh well, guess I'll just wait.

the next version will be 10X better and waaay more competitive. Tons and tons of improvements.

No kidding. I got my butt handed to me last game.

*shakes fists* Inca why are you so hard to fight?!

In in all seriousness overall the AI are MUCH better and the new culture buildings are bringing a new spin to how you play.

Thanks again Mariosat for the nice words. They do really help motivate us to make the mod even better.

No kidding. I got my butt handed to me last game.

*shakes fists* Inca why are you so hard to fight?!

In in all seriousness overall the AI are MUCH better and the new culture buildings are bringing a new spin to how you play.

Any estimate on when I can get a more decent fight on my hands then?

On other things, for making AI better; maybe not have them rebuild improvements over old ones all the time. Watching an AI worker build a mine, then a cottage, then a mine, then a cottage, and so on and on and on only keeps it's charm for so long.

Then there's also (which you all probably already noticed) AI setting cities ON resources even after being able to see them, and workers able to keep building fruit gatherer and plant gatherer improvements on those resources, meaning the forest is kept and it gets upgraded to a plantation with still keeping the forest.

Cheers.

I've been playing various versions of C2C for some time now. I love this mod. But with this latest release I have two problems. First, even if I choose the option to have no barbarians I get overwhelmed with them coming out of everywhere. I didn't have this issue before. Also, no matter what map size I choose to play (usually standard or tiny) I get a huge map. Your thoughts?

Thanks again for all the time and creativity you put into this mod. It really is great.

Did you use Standard BtS save or Max Compatible save?

JosEPh

An absolutely spectacular mod. I've been playing BTS for years, and this has exactly what I've been yearning for for so long. Thank you!

Question though - In a few games now, I've come across where cities are supposed to grow, yet they stay the same size the following turn (In this game, its a city leveling up to 26. In another game on an earlier version it was turning to 16). Are there buildings Im supposed to build I havent come across yet, or is this a bug?

Edit: After some experimenting, it turns out I have to turn on Emphasize Growth in each city screen. There doesn't seem to be any standard city size number in which it stops. Different cities stop at different sizes.

Hi, strategyonly!

For first, congratulations for this awesome work, this mod is really the kind of mod that makes me still like to play Civilization :D

I've noticed something strange in the game options, as the "No Future Era" option seems to be always turned "on" at the game/mod options display at the game beginning, but I cannot find the corresponding tickbox to turn it off at the "Custom Game" screen. I've tested different maps, civs and starting ages, but it didn't changed. And I really like to play these games until being capable to terraform planets or time travelling :D

I'm missing something, or it's a valid alert?

Thanks for your attention:)

In Assets/XML/GameInfo.xml find
<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE</Type>
and make sure that
<bDefault>0</bDefault>
is set to 0. If not change it to 0.
To make it visible in the Custom Options change
<bVisible>0</bVisible>
to
<bVisible>1</bVisible>

Cheers.

Did you use Standard BtS save or Max Compatible save?

JosEPh
I did use the maximum compatibility save. I am currently playing a really long game for about 2 weeks now and all changes to the SVN worked fine so far, except one, where I had to go back to an earlier save. But now I cannot even start the game with this save (or an earlier one).

I have now reinstalled the SVN from Friday and I can play on...

BTW: I am always deleting the complete "Caveman2Cosmos" folder in "Mods" and copy all files from the SVN to it by using the "export" function from Tortoise.

@Snofru1,
Then you're Way ahead of me! I don't have the patience or time to learn how to use the SVN. So I wait for updated files to showup. But since the Team went to SVN those "updates" never make it into the forums posts anymore. :( So you're getting to see the new stuff while I play with the original v14.

JosEPh :/

@Snofru1,
Then you're Way ahead of me! I don't have the patience or time to learn how to use the SVN. So I wait for updated files to showup. But since the Team went to SVN those "updates" never make it into the forums posts anymore. :( So you're getting to see the new stuff while I play with the original v14.

JosEPh :/
I also hesitated a while to use SVN but in the end it was simpler than I thought. But even if I don´t use the newest files (I always keep a copy of the last version that did work) then it´s interesting to see in the logs what has changed recently - usually there are multiple changes every day. This team is unbelievably productive :goodjob: !

Top Bottom