New Unit: Advanced APC

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
I didn't know really what to call this so I decided to go with a generic name. This is completed model of the little APC that comes out of my dropship in the landing animation.

Attachments

• advanced apc.zip
    356.4 KB · Views: 1,654
Preview...

Attachments

• apc_preview.gif
    apc_preview.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 3,783
I like it, although I can't really see what's "advanced" about it.

Very nice APC- its nice to have an advanced version of the APC, it seens odd that the best defecnsive unit in the game comes at the very begining of the modern era- before the invention of the atomic bomb.

Just three more posts and you can use a custom Avatar- I know I'd be tempted to just post three posts of nonsense.

Very nice unit, i'm definately using this one in my game. Cheers:goodjob:

All these units Kinboat makes are superb! I want to use them all but there are not enough civ advances in the game. With what advance could this APC be available?

Nice unit! I myself am just learning the ropes but have you ever thought of making a Naval Fleet like the land army unit? or what do you think about that?
Also this unit might be good for sweeping for mines if you are using the landMine unit,maybee just give it detect invisable and a small bombard to take out mines without taking damage.

Wow! Three posts really!? :) Now it's TWO! Thanks for the compliments... Would it be possible to create a naval army? Don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it before. As for when to make it available... don't know. Maybe sometime around the end of the modern era... it wouldn't be used much in normal games but it could fit in nicely in near future scenarios.

Naval "groups" are not possible at this time zig. Firaxis would have to change the programing first.

I like the Aliens armoured car Kinboat. I think somebody already made the troopship.
:lol: If someone makes the aliens next, and a Sigourney Weaver "great leader", we got us a new scenario. ;) :D

EDIT: :rolleyes: [smacks self in head] :lol: Kinboat, YOU made the dropship. :lol:

Nice animations, but one of the sounds is wrong. I have Aliens Versus Preditor and the to guns on the front of the APC are alot faster, and don't sound as impresive as it does in your sound file!

It should sound like a pritty low cal mini gun (since thats what it is!)

You planning on making a Marine Corps unit without the APC?
You could have an M41 animation for the attack and a M56 animation for defense. How about a Weyland-Yutani unit?

I don't have that game so I based my animations on some pictures W.i.n.t.e.r provided, and didn't have any references for the sounds or anything. One post to go!

Originally posted by Kal-el
Beautiful, as usual. :goodjob:

Yep, you did it again= it is a real beauty!!! I am sorry I didnt reply so far, but I had a lil problem with a virus on my pc and lost my password for Civfanatics in the process of reinstalling my entire pc :(...

I kept a slot free for the M-577 in my running savegame :)- it looks awesome !!!!!!

:king: :king: :king: :goodjob:

Did you noticed ?

If you use this unit (great by the way !!!:goodjob: ) as a land unit with exactly the same set up as a Mech Inf + UNLOAD flag on and any transport capacity... well...

... it won't load anymore in a transport or any air transport setted up right (transport can carry Morden armors and mech inf, but not the APC).

Why is that ? Is there a way to make it work ?

You can't tranport trasnports. Ideally, an APC transporting 4 units would take up 5 spaces on a transport, but that's not how it works unfortunately

Originally posted by Boulboulgadol
Did you noticed ?

If you use this unit (great by the way !!!:goodjob: ) as a land unit with exactly the same set up as a Mech Inf + UNLOAD flag on and any transport capacity... well...

... it won't load anymore in a transport or any air transport setted up right (transport can carry Morden armors and mech inf, but not the APC).

Why is that ? Is there a way to make it work ?

Yes this is a bit of a problem at the moment- similarly you cannot put transport planes on an aircraft carrier :( (I don't remember which thread it was but) somebody actually claimed that firaxis will enable options to correct this in PTW- until then we'll have to suffer... I think it has to do with the hold value of carrier units...

Top Bottom