Most gold at hand

Turn 2594 on marathon I have 751,902 gold, i'm in the midst of a 240 turn golden age and am profiting 3,000 gpt total economy is 11,522 gpt and I have 65 cities

I'm playing on the biggest earth map i could download and i control almost all of north and south america as well as parts and a few other scattered cities

I have the strongest military and everyone else is going way into the negative gpts building military, I'm on friendly terms with everyone except the aztecs who are guarded but only have cities

i started with 22 cities and (up to) 41 city states

ok i won't go on and on but this is the best civilization game i've ever played

it's been a hell of a ride

my plan right now is to repeal nuclear non-proliferation after securing all sources of uranium and getting gold up over a million, rebuilding infrastructure to production mode (on trade post/custom house heaven right now) and nuke whatever is left, nuclear missiles are 3110 gold in marathon so with a million gold I could have over 100 nuclear missiles plus whatever i produced

I also kind of want to see how long I can keep it going, i really don't want to do war, I want to save up as much as I can until one of the following happens:

1. the big guys team up on me or someone mounts a serious invasion against me
2. the balance of power is threatened
3. I have enough gold to buy 4 nukes for every city on the map so i can literally destroy them all

Victory conditions

I have been elected world leader so many times I lost count, i won science and culture victories as well

all that's left is domination and the invisbile one (conquest)

I just checked and Bismark is at -3027 gpt and he's only a moderate power, his parallel is russia, then you have persia, egypt, and china which are all about equal...they just have stronger economies and aren't as far in the red yet

the rest are small fry

18 city states left, they are all my allies, i pumped about 50k gold into each of them already

I dunno at -3027 I'm a little worried, my unit maintenance is about 5500 a turn (i have max # of guided missiles in every city, mostly bazooka garrisons with nuclear submarines in all coastal cities, a few scattered missile cruisers, and about 30 giant death robots and some other units but i could buy a unit in every city for many turns, so my reserve army is my gold

maybe i'll come back and let you know what happens

One of my very first games on a very low difficulty and before I realized that domination victory didn't require me to take every single city on the map I was rolling in over 5k gold per turn. I don't remember what I made it up too but there just wasn't anything to spend my gold on.

i don't understand this.. how do you have ANY leftover gold in a domination game? if i have gold and am clocking in on a victory, i'm buying units every turn. horse units, landships, tanks, airplanes, paras, xcom - they can all be at the frontier in just a few turns if you have roads set up. i don't think i've ever had more than 5k gold at any point in the game and if i do it's pretty much exclusively because i want to buy research labs in 6+ cities. even in peaceful games i'll never accumulate more than a few thousand gold, it's much better spent on cs.

when you take loans anyway i don't see how gpt can skyrocket that hard. if you've taken loans and bought all the relevant buildings in all cities, how is the game not finished yet? that's what i wanna know :lol:

unless of course you are playing for the glory of score like people in the recent immortal challenge india game. now that's a different story, those playthroughs were insane. i've never seen anything quite like it.

I have been elected world leader so many times I lost count, i won science and culture victories as well

How do you manage to win more than one VC? Pretty sure once you win one, the others are all disabled except for domination. Especially trying to avoid culture victory is problematic. Also everyone in negative seems weird to me.

Top Bottom