Panzer "Shafernator" General and army limit insights

wiser3

Chieftain
Playing Brave New World

I'm trying to get the Panzer "Shafernator" General achievement.
Earn 100 Great Generals, have an army of over 100 units in a single game, and beat the game 100 times.
All i have left is the standing army of over 100 units.

With 5 cities of sizes 21, 27, 19, 21, 19 along my top info bar (after where it shows how much aluminum i have) i got an exclamation mark in a red circle icon. Mouse over text is "Your empire can support 77 units. You are over that limit by 10, which decreases production in your cities by 70%. My cities are indeed taking a long time to build anything.

According to above i should have a standing army of 87. (My limit of 77 plus the 10 ten i'm over by.) Looking at my achievements_debug log file it states my largest standing army is 77. Apparently the ten over doesn't count.

So to increase my limit i captured another city. It's size 6. Now the exclamation mark mouse over text reads "Your empire can support 84 units. You are over that limit by 4, which decreases Production in your cities by 40%."

After taking another city of size 9 and building/buying more units I checked the Military Overview window (which shows your Unit Supply stats in the left most column). It shows a Total Supply of 93 with 97 in use and a Production Penalty of 20%.

Using a Settler to create a city (size 1) increased my Unit Supply from 93 to 97 and since i had 97 units i no longer had any production penalty.

I captured another city, size 4. This gave my a total supply of 104 with 103 in use. But not the achievement. The Military Overview window lists your military units then has a horizontal line then more units. I think everything below the line isn't considered part of your Standing Army. In this case Caravans, Great Engineers, Great Generals, and Workers. I had 16 of these non army units.

After taking another city and building a few more units I got the achievement! :king:

This is a rather hard achievement to get and there seems to be some confusion over army size limits. I hope this helpsclear it up.

Well it is insanely difficult to have 100 units running around when you only have one city.

Whenever you run into supply limit problems just build a new city or capture new one.

Because it takes roughly about 10-15 units for a city to run into supply limit.

So each city can support about 10ish. About ten cities is more than enough for 100 unit requirement I think.

I think that in some previous games, I had more than 12 cities. Reading the log file, max army size is listed as 152 units. Only got 35 GG though, so a LONG way to go

I assume that the information is available elsewhere, but can someone quickly tell me how I can read that logfile and where it is?

I think the Achievement logs tell yous that

Furthermore, I haven't checked thel og for AGEs but as far as I recall the log only updates the next time you fire up your game.

All you have to do is have over 100 units for one turn. So you can spam out (by building or buying) cheap units until you 101 units, press next turn, and then you should get the achievement - even if your economy collapses.

Wait a second, is this achievement serious? You must have 100 great generals sitting around?

The most I ever had was ten sitting around with several fortresses built..

Wait a second, is this achievement serious? You must have 100 great generals sitting around?

The most I ever had was ten sitting around with several fortresses built..

No, you have to spawn 100 Great Generals over the course of however many games it takes. Spawning 100 in a single game would be madness.

No, you have to spawn 100 Great Generals over the course of however many games it takes. Spawning 100 in a single game would be madness.

Ahh, ok thank you. Well now I know i will never get this achievement for sure because I always play with mods enabled. lolz Unless i somehow manage to spawn enough great generals through scenarios.

Ahh, ok thank you. Well now I know i will never get this achievement for sure because I always play with mods enabled. lolz Unless i somehow manage to spawn enough great generals through scenarios.

Start theg ame 100 times, as far as I know Generals spawned via the Policy tree and Great Wonders count.

Start theg ame 100 times, as far as I know Generals spawned via the Policy tree and Great Wonders count.

Sadly no, I tried that to get the achievement and it didn't work. I ended up having to use FeiLing's achievement save to pop enough GGs (hey, I tried to do it honestly!)

How does one access an achievement log file? I need to know how many wins I've got, how many GG's I've spawned, and hopefully figure out which unit I've not built that is preventing me from getting the achievement where you've built all units.

The most units I've ever had was 132, as Venice. (!) Shaka is also a good one for racking up a lot of units in one game to get over 100.

I'm pretty sure non-nuke ballistic missiles count towards the 100, and they don't incur GPT maintenance costs. So if you're close to 100 already, spam a bunch of missiles to get up to 100. They're kind of handy to have anyway.

Top Bottom