Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

It uses a simple function "canEverResearch" to decide whether to display or not. This function only checks the tech itself and not the whole tree leading to it. To do what you want, is technically unfeasible due to the number of checks. To decide whether Future Tech is researchable or not, you have to check every single tech of your 1000+ techs that leads to it, which will just slow down the tree. And of course, every tech in the future era will come with another 900+ checks each.

Rather than making your players suffer from a slower tech tree by adding all these checks, it is easier for the modders themselves to make all those techs you want to hide, disabled, rather than just disabling the initial tech.

If you don't want to edit every tech xml, there is a CannotResearch function in CvGameUtils for that purpose. Just create a list, if it is in the list, disable.

I thought the techs were drawn left to right so you would only need to check if the techs leading to the tech was available and if not make this tech not available. Very little more than is already done when checking what eras to display I would have thought.

Nope, if you read the codes in placeTechs, it simply loops through all the techs and place them at their locations.

Here is a fun thing. With our, C2C, tech tree your Tech Screen makes it go over one page vertically. We have 19 tech places vertically. If I add another line of techs to the bottom to make that 20 it all fits on the one screen!:lol:

I went through your algorithm and it seems fine so it must be a problem with how the divide by 2 is happening in python somewhere.

Rewrote the algorithm for calculating the vertical spacing and expanded the usable area slightly for tech tree. 19 is the max for appearing on one page for default resolution.

Nope and Nope. Though you can extend the duration of the messages, but doubt it is useful since they will still be overridden. You can always check in events log.

Edited wonder movie file to enable hide background option.

Thanks ;) Didnt even have to ask :D

edit:

Oh my!
Spoiler :

Its all World Builder stuff right? Then I'll just copy the new file instead of merging.

editedit:
Nvm I merged it. Most were NewLines ;)

Btw. I noticed
screen.enableWorldSounds(False)
in the CvWonderMovieScreen.py
is there a enableMusic(True) or similar command? Reason is I want the soundtrack for my intromovie enabled even if music is disabled, and if it means that wondermovies will have music too, I see it only as a bonus :D

editeditedit:
I found this in CvOptionsScreenCallbackInterface.py

PHP:
######################################## AUDIO OPTIONS ########################################

def handleVolumeSlidersInput ( argsList ):
	"Handles Volume slider input"
	iValue, szName = argsList
	iVolumeType = int(szName[szName.find("_")+1:])

iMax = UserProfile.getVolumeStops()

if (iVolumeType == 0):		# Master Volume
		UserProfile.setMasterVolume(iMax - iValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 1):	# Music Volume
		UserProfile.setMusicVolume(iMax - iValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 2):	# Sound Effects Volume
		UserProfile.setSoundEffectsVolume(iMax - iValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 3):	# Speech Volume
		UserProfile.setSpeechVolume(iMax - iValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 4):	# Ambience Volume
		UserProfile.setAmbienceVolume(iMax - iValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 5):	# Interface Volume
		UserProfile.setInterfaceVolume(iMax - iValue)

return 1

def handleVolumeCheckboxesInput ( argsList ): 
	"Handles checkbox clicked input"
	bValue, szName = argsList
	iVolumeType = int(szName[szName.find("_")+1:])

if (iVolumeType == 0):		# Master Volume
		UserProfile.setMasterNoSound(bValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 1):	# Music Volume
		UserProfile.setMusicNoSound(bValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 2):	# Sound Effects Volume
		UserProfile.setSoundEffectsNoSound(bValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 3):	# Speech Volume
		UserProfile.setSpeechNoSound(bValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 4):	# Ambience Volume
		UserProfile.setAmbienceNoSound(bValue)
	elif (iVolumeType == 5):	# Interface Volume
		UserProfile.setInterfaceNoSound(bValue)

return 1
I tried with
screen.setMusicNoSound(False)
screen.setMusicVolume(50)
Which, ehm, obviously didnt work.

Hello! If there's still anyone out here, for some reason, a question: Is there a way to get a part dealing with the City Screen from the Ultrapack, as a separate download?

Most other mod packs here have separate parts as independent downloads as well, but the one dealing with the UI is in one big block, which is a bit overwhelming for me, TBH ;) Would be really grateful for any advice!

Whatever is in the city screen, is in the maininterface file

OK, another question, if thats not too much trouble.

Is there a way to make the Requirement Script work with K-Mod/BUG? I tried simply adding it, and get no conflicts, errors or anything of the sort - it just don't work. Works perfectly on its own though...

Those mods change the way python loads, not of my interest.

@platyping, how exactly do you merge in True Prophets with the BUG Python?

Hello Platyping, i tried today your mod component mercenaries but i got this error message. Did you already get it?

Attachments

• pb mercenaries.png
    pb mercenaries.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 235
Top Bottom