Rising Tide or Civ V complete edition?

Which should I get given they both cost the same?

• Rising Tide

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Civ V Complete Edition

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Neither, save your money

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, with the announcement of Civ 6, I've found myself drawn back to the franchise again. I never really got into Civ V - tried the demo, didn't really like it, so never bought the game and went back to Civ IV.
I did get BE, and was massively disappointed. I keep trying to get into it, and just can't, it tantalises me with its potential, but it just doesn't quite deliver and leaves me pining for the atmosphere of SMAC.

Watching some of the videos about Civ6 on youtube made me fire up the old Civ V demo in Steam, and because its mechanics are so similar to BE, I was able to get into it this time. The full game is expensive on Steam, but only £11 on Amazon for the Complete Edition. Rising tide is also £11 on Amazon...

I don't have much time for games these days (and Mrs Suribachi questions every penny I spend haha :king: ), so just curious on the communities thoughts - does Rising Tide make BE into the game we all wanted, or is Civ V Complete Edition too good to pass on?

I'm asking the same question in the BE forum, just to see how much of difference of opinion there is, if at all.

Thanks

Rising Tide adds a lot of interesting new content and mechanics to Beyond Earth. However, the balance is absolutely horrendous, and the developers seem to have given up on fixing it. Its still a lot of fun for the first few playthroughs, but if you didn't like the base game, I seriously doubt that Rising Tide will fix it for you.

Civ V, on the other hand, has improved dramatically since release, and while I don't know specifically what you didn't like about the demo, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it over BE.

I have enjoyed both games, over 800 hours with full CivV and over 300 hours with BERT. Both are good games and BERT is so much better than all the criticism it gets but the best game is Civ V; it has so much replayability, is a much deeper experience on the whole and is more polished. BERT is so close and we keep hearing about potential and definitely with some balancing and tweaks it could be an EXCELLENT addition to the CIV franchise. I just wish they would give it another DLC/patch!!!!

Top Bottom