When can we expect the NEW CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION 2 for the Xbox One / PS4?

Frenchy

Chieftain
I have been dying for a couple of years now for a new Civilization Revolution for the consoles. I initially bought this games for the 360 when it came out and I am still playing it to this day. I just LOVE this game. Yes it has some drawbacks, but it is still quite a good game.

there was some rumors n 2011 that a second title was in the "works" but for some reasons, it was canceled:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-revolution-2-new-pirates-canceled/1100-6310485/

I am curious to know if 2K and/or Sid Meier's Firaxis have in mind of releasing a new Civilization Revolution Civ Rev2 game for newer consoles (XBOne and PS4).

Any rumors (or facts) of a "NEW" Civilization Revolution 2 of whatever it may be called?
Does anyone know if there is there anything in the works? It is time for it...

How much longer are they going to have us waiting for a new release?

A word from 2K or Firaxis would be GREAAAAATLY appreciated.

Thank you everyone!

Jesus, I can't believe no one has a clue about this.

Guys, raise your opinion as well... Wouldn't it be great to have a new release soon?

I'm with you I am DYING for another console release of A Quick Civilization. I love Civ IV the best (CIV V still hasn't got a hold of me) but the best for me is Civ Rev. I enjoy Civ Rev because I can get quick, yet satisfying games, usually around 3 hours.

I concur with the notion that Civ Rev 2 is Mobile only right now because it is so incredibly close the previous console versions, just with some new units added, everything else is lifted from those versions but at lower resolution. Honestly I think 2K China always does some shoddy work, and it's not as good as the console offerings.

I think someday we'll have another Civilization on the consoles, but I want it to be absolutely epic, a huge step above Civ Rev and Even Civ 5. I want to see the Battle up close and gritty like the Total War Games, I want Dynamic Camera Angles, and I want to see my cities and subjects in exquisite detail.

Everything I ever read about Civ Rev 2 is for mobile only. They were going to make Civ Rev 2 years ago for console but that project was canceled.

LOL Dec1mu5... that is a very nice dream but that is what it is going to most likely be. Civ games are mainly for the pc and no civ game on a console or mobile device will ever be leaps and bounds above the pc version. The game just isn't popular enough on the ps3-4 or xbox for them to make it for us. I used to play Civ Rev on PS3 and it was alot of fun but so easy compared to Civ IV or Civ V. The way I understand it now is that Civ V BNW is going to be the last Civ game of its kind without another expansion. Civ Beyond Earth is next up for the PC but I will not be buying or playing that game since it is going to be history and Sci Fi mixed. I want my Civ games to be based on history not science fiction :)

As I don't use a PC anymore I still play Res on console and would love to see a sequel appear. 2K must surely be considering this. I'm not techy but reckon the equal of civ4 could port to console now. Living in hope.

Considering the only reason there's a Civ Rev 2 is because the iOS version did so well, I seriously doubt we'll see it on consoles again, sadly.

Top Bottom