Reader-Run Interactive Game (RRIG) Pre-Thread

mrrandomplayer

Hopeless Situation Warrior
So, due to my laziness and the dwindling interest in my America game, it's basically dead and I'll give my third shot at an IAAR.

Except my laziness won't be able to hurt it!

I am attempting to start a new type of interactive game, probably the most radical ever attempted: the Reader-Run Interactive Game! In this game, EVERYTHING is done by the people reading the story, including making the laws, making the elections, and even playing the game! So what are the rules?

That's what this thread is for! You guys get to write the rules for the game and are required to follow whatever constitution you write!

Things that we need to get done in this thread:
-Write the constitution
-Decide who we're playing as and in what mod.

REQUIREMENTS for your constitution:
-Some degree of democracy in deciding who makes laws/plays
-The built-in ability to alter/rewrite the constitution democratically
-The constitution must be passed by a 2/3s vote during the initial ratification (I will announce the official vote well ahead of time) and during amendments.

RECOMMENDATIONS for your constitution:
-A separate legislative and executive branch (you could have it just be a "vote-for-the-autocrat for a term", but that would get boring quickly.
-You can make your constitution as vague or specific as you want (you can even make it intentionally vague as a compromise) but you should probably make a position to interpret the constitution.
-You should probably determine who will play and who will make the laws (probably everybody will vote on laws)
-You should make sure to include the timelines of your government.

NOTES:
-I will not play any updates unless democratically elected to, not even the first update.
-In this thread, you will also vote on what civ you want (50% majority required) after writing the constitution.

As the game master until the constitution is written (after which I will be an ordinary player), I do have the power to veto unfair stuff, but I probably won't have to do that.

Post away!

Proposed Constitutions:

None so far.

Constitution of [Insert Country Here]

Department 1

History and the future shall be run by the people and with the help of the people. The leader of our great nation must make sure we approve anything done, but that does not mean we hold ultimate power. If the leader does not agree with one proposal, the proposal can be brought back to the Senate to be voted on a second time. If there is at least a 3/5 vote in support of a veto, the proposal is vetoed.

Department 2

Our nation shall not be ruled by one man, but by many. Members of the Senate will be able to propose laws and decisions to the leader. The laws must receive at least a 2/3 vote to reach the leader, and the leader may then send it back to the Senate to have a second vote in order for vetoing if they do not approve (see Department 1).

Department 3

This nation shall not have an autocrat. A new leader must be elected once every 60 turns. The leader must be voted in by the Senate by a majority of the votes, and can be impeached and dejected from the office by a 2/3 vote if the Senate does not agree with the leader's actions.

Department 4

The Senate itself is not exempt from being impeached either. If a Senator is suspected of being corrupt, another Senator or the Leader may ask that they be removed from office by a 2/3 vote. If the Senator is dejected, another man from the same user may take his or her place.

Department 5

This constitution is open to change and different interpretation. More departments may be proposed by the leader or Senate, but they must be voted on and supported by a 2/3 majority. Old departments can also be removed or changed by the Senate in a 2/3 majority as well.

Senator Dmitri Noobeleev supports the usage of the nation of England for the story.

Here's my version using TheNoob's as a base foundation. Obviously, I support my version.

Clause 1

History and the future shall be run with the help of the people. The leader of our great nation must make sure we approve anything done, but that does not mean we hold ultimate power. If the leader does not agree with one proposal, the proposal can be brought back to the Senate to be voted on a second time. If there is at least a 3/5 vote in support of a veto, the proposal is vetoed.

Clause 2

Our nation shall not be ruled by one man, but by many. Members of the Senate will be able to propose laws and decisions to the leader. The laws must receive at least a 2/3 vote to reach the leader, and the leader may send it back to the Senate to have a second vote in order for vetoing if they do not approve (see Clause 1). If the law, during it's first vote, receives 9/10 majority, the leader may not veto it.

Clause 3

A leader, under normal circumstances, must be elected (or reelected) once every 50 turns. The leader can be impeached and dejected from the office by a 4/5 vote if the Senate does not agree with the leader's actions. Autocrats and Executives-for-life can still be impeached under the stated circumstances.

Clause 4
This nation can have an Autocrat under special circumstances. These include times times of extreme danger, destruction, revolution, or other perilous situations. Certain situations are subject to being removed, changed, or added (see Clause 7) These powers are granted through proposal in the Senate by the Leader or the Senate. This must be voted upon three times for a year. The first time will be after proposal in which case it must reach 3/5 majority. Then, the case will be voted upon again in 4 months where it must once again reach 3/5 majority. After another 4 months, the proposal will be voted on again and must reach a 9/10 majority. This is to ensure that such extreme circumstances making this last resort required aren't subject to quick change.

Clause 5
Under popular vote, a person may hold the Executive office for life. This can either be from being consistently reelected or can be brought forth as a proposal from the leader or the Senate itself. The Senate proposal requires two votes. The first must reach a 3/5 majority. The second must reach a 7/10 majority in the Senate. Note - The person who holds the position for life is not an Autocrat unless given such powers by the Senate (see clause 4)

Clause 6

The Senate itself is not exempt from being impeached either. If a Senator is proven corrupt, another Senator or the Leader may ask that they be removed from office by a 3/5 vote. If the Senator is dejected, another man from the same user may take his or her place.

Clause 7

This constitution is open to change and different interpretation. Amendments may be proposed by the leader or Senate, but they must be voted on and supported by a 3/5 majority. Old clauses can also be removed or changed by the Senate in a 3/5 majority as well.

Thanks! Also, does it fit your 3 rules?

Thanks! Also, does it fit your 3 rules?

Yep. We're just waiting for others to propose ideas.

100 turns seems like an awfully long leader term.

I'll post something tomorrow.

Well you said often leader elections are annoying :p

I meant having the democratic aspect just being "elect-the-autocrat" like a lot of the earlier IAARs in this period were.

Can i make a referendum kind constitution? And also, i want our country to be Iran

Can i make a referendum kind constitution? And also, i want our country to be Iran

Sure, write it up. We'll vote for civ after the constitution is created.

Clause 1

History and the future shall be run with the help of the people. The leader of our great nation must make sure we approve anything done, but that does not mean we hold ultimate power. If the leader does not agree with one proposal, the proposal can be brought back to the Senate to be voted on a second time. If there is at least a 2/3 vote in support of this bill, then the law would be putted on effect

Clause 2

Our nation shall not be ruled by one man, but by many. Members of the Senate will be able to propose laws and decisions to the leader. The laws must receive at least a half of the senate vote to reach the leader, and the leader may send it back to the Senate to have a second vote in order for vetoing if they do not approve (see Clause 1). If the law, during it's first vote, receives 3/4 majority, the leader may not veto it.

Clause 3

A leader, under normal circumstances, must be elected (or reelected) once every 4 years. The leader can be impeached and dejected from the office by a 4/5 vote if the Senate does not agree with the leader's actions.

Clause 4

The Senate itself is not exempt from being impeached either. If a Senator is proven corrupt, another Senator or the Leader may ask that they be removed from office by a 2/3 vote. If the Senator is dejected, another man from the same user may take his or her place.

Clause 5

This constitution is open to change and different interpretation. Adding or removing amendments may be proposed by the leader or Senate, but they must be voted on and supported by a 9/10 majority. Old clauses can also be changed by the Senate in a 4/5 majority as well.

Clause 6

The senate may decide to hold referendums if a bill is unpopular with people but popular with the senate or they don't have the time for some bill. If the senate decides a referendum by a half of their vote, then the bill will immediately be sent to the people and the leader may not veto the referendum act. If a bill receives half of the peoples vote, then it will be send to the leader. If vetoed, another referendum is held. If it received 2/3 of the vote, the the law would be putted on effect.

Clause 7

The nation will use a national popular vote system.Their would be unlimited terms for all kinds of political jobs.

Ok, I present you a parliamentary republic constitution:

Clause 1:
Our form of govenrment is parliamentary republic. All public offices are held by people who have been elected for that purpose. People who held public offices must be elected immediately by the people, or they might be appointed by parliamentary absolute majority.

Clause 2:
Any citizent has the right to create a party and any citizent can join any party. All parties can participate in parliamentary elections. All seats of the parliament are distributed to the parties. Parliament has 300 seats. The total amount of seats of any party must be proportional to the amount of its votes. Parliamentary elections are held at least once every four years. They can be delcared earlier if the parliament choses so.

Clause 3:
Absolute majority of votes means the votes are at least half of the seats of the parliament plus one. Any action of the parliament is valid only if it is voted by absolute majority in the parliament.

Clause 4:
Any parliament member can propose a bill to the parliament. Parliament will discuss and vote about the bill. Parliament can validate the bill, if it votes in favour of it. The bill cannot be against the constitution or previously voted laws.

Clause 5:
The government is appointed by the parliament. A government is valid if the parliament trusts it. Parliament has the right to take back this trust, in which case the government is terminated.

Clause 6:
Government executes the day-to-day administration of the state. It must tell the parliament its policies, and it must report its actions to the parliament weekly.

Clause 7:
Courts control if the law is obeyed or not. If anybody is suspected of guilt, then a trial is held. In this trial both the plaintiff and the accused must speak themselves. If the court decides that the accused is guilty it decides the lawfull sanctions against them.

Clause 8:
Anyone has the right to make a fortune. They has the right to use it at please, as long as they respect the laws and doesn't violate the rights of other people.

Clause 9:
People have the right to create their own organisations. However, they are obligated to describe how it works in a charter. The charter is public document and anyone can read it, and it can be used as a clue in the courts. The function of private organisations must be respectful to the law and doesn't violate the rights of other people.

Clause 10:
All people have the right to education. The state must fund programms and institution so that all people have access to this public goods. The state has the obligation to learn reading and using the internet to all people.

Clause 11:
The official language of the state is [...] and every public document must be translated in this language. If there are differences in the interpretation between two languages, then the interprentation corresponding to the official language is valid.

Clause 12:
All people have the right to healthcare. The state must fund programms and institution so that all people have access to this public good. The state has the obligation to keep human environment clean and prevent diseases to spread.

Clause 13:
The state must protect the enviroment. Environmental effects must be reversible and substainable. They must preserve the cleanliness of the ground, the water, the air and the biodiversity.

Clause 14:
All people have the freedom of speech, of religion and expression. Society must respect different trends, give room for their expression and stay neutral. This expression must be respectful to laws and constitution.

Clause 15:
Parliament can declare war mobilisation. In this case the army has the right to conscript citizents. If war mobilisation is over, citizents have the right to leave the army. The protection of this nation is layed in the patriotism of its people.

I don't propose any country. I just wanted to write the constitution :p

Remember that we're going to be voting on whether to ratify one constitution in the end, not voting for/against several.

Also, I hate to slam a deadline early, but the first constitutional vote will be on November 2nd.

Ok, let's propose something in-game this time:

Clause 1: Voting rights
All people are senators. Every senator has one vote. The president has a secondary vote, but he/she can use it only in case of tie.

Clause 2: Senate validation
Senate elects public offices and passes bills. The action is valid if voted by absolute majority.

Clause 3: Bills
Any senator can propose a bill. The proposal must include the deadline of the voting process. The deadline must be at least two days after announcement. It is recommended that the bill has been discused before be deposited.

Clause 4: Public office terms
Elections about public offices are held every 15 turns. The term lengths can be changed by bills, but cannot be over 50 turns. Elections can be held through a bill.

Clause 5: Candidacy
Anyone can run for any public office. The candidate must accept his/her candidacy. A candidate can't hold two public offices if elected. If no person is elected in the first round, then a secondary round is held between the two first candidates.

Clause 6: Public offices
Public offices are the executive branch of power. Public offices can be created through bills, but their terms and duties must be acurately described in the bill. The executive branch is obligated to respect the decisions of the senate.

Clause 7: The president
President is the supreme public office. President is the only one that can decide about matters not entitled to other offices.

Notes:
Note 1: In case of elections president can use the secondary vote only in favour of a tied candidate.
Note 2: Absolute majority means 50% of votes plus one more.
Note 3: Anything that the senate does like "elects" and "decides" means voted by absolute majority.
Note 4: It is clear the terms can be shortened, if the election bill is passed.
Note 5: This note is about secondary rounds in elections. If there is a tie between the firsts, then the firsts are the next candidates. If there is only one first and there is a tie between the seconds, then the first and all the seconds are candidates.
Note 6: President is a senator himself, so he/she can open discussions and propose bills in the senate.

Subbed, I am CaterpillarKing

This is a newer constitution:

Clause 1

History and the future shall be run with the help of the people. The leader of our great nation must make sure we approve anything done, but that does not mean we hold ultimate power. If the leader does not agree with one proposal, the proposal can be brought back to the Senate to be voted on a second time. If there is at least a 2/3 vote in support of this bill, then the law would be putted on effect

Clause 2

Our nation shall not be ruled by one man, but by many. Members of the Senate will be able to propose laws and decisions to the leader. The laws must receive at least a half of the senate vote to reach the leader, and the leader may send it back to the Senate to have a second vote in order for vetoing if they do not approve (see Clause 1). If the law, during it's first vote, receives 3/4 majority, the leader may not veto it.

Clause 3

A leader, under normal circumstances, must be elected (or reelected) once every 4 years. The leader can be impeached and dejected from the office by a 4/5 vote if the Senate does not agree with the leader's actions.

Clause 4

The Senate itself is not exempt from being impeached either. If a Senator is proven corrupt, another Senator or the Leader may ask that they be removed from office by a 2/3 vote. If the Senator is dejected, another man from the same user may take his or her place.

Clause 5

This constitution is open to change and different interpretation. Adding, changing old clauses or removing amendments may be proposed by the leader or Senate, but they must be voted on and supported by a 2/3 majority of both the senate and referundum.

Clause 6

The senate may decide to hold referendums if a bill is unpopular with people but popular with the senate or they don't have the time for some bill. If the senate decides a referendum by a half of their vote, then the bill will immediately be sent to the people and the leader may not veto the referendum act. If a bill receives half of the peoples vote, then it will be send to the leader. If vetoed, another referendum is held. If it received 2/3 of the vote, the the law would be putted on effect.

Clause 7

The nation will use a national popular vote system. The country will use the proportional representation. Their would be unlimited terms for all kinds of political jobs.

Clause 8

The states will have no power of any kind. All powers lay in the hands of the federal government

Clause 9

Nobody can limit freedom of speech, religion, protesting, striking and right to vote. All genders and races above 17 can vote.

Clause 10

There would be a judicial branch. The courts will have a judge+7 juries in all cases. The juries will have 1 vote each. The judge will only guide the jury by explaining them the laws or explaining the evidences. 5 out of 7 juries will be needed to vote GUILTY or NOT GUILTY.

Clause 11

Nobody can infringe the right for privacy and the right to own a property. The government must pay the owner of the property in order to destroy that lot. The owner may say no.

Clause 12

All people are treated equal by the law. There would be no slavery and segregation.

Clause 13

All political parties, from the dictator supporters to the ultimate referendum lovers, are allowed. no exception.

I would propose (once again) to play as IRAN.​

It's too bad this idea shall never come to be. :(

Top Bottom