Pop ups

Wha'wasthat???

Chieftain
Today I have started getting advertising popups on this site with every single page I go to. Even if I press the back button I get another popup. It's starting to get really annoying now.

Anyway, as this has only just started I was thinking it might be a virus but that wouldn't explain why it's only this site that does it. If it is official don't you think every single page is a bit of an overkill?

Edit: I'm sorry, I didnt see the thread further down this page. I'll try to look in future.

Same, the advert banner is just blank.

The advert is for Lycos, can't we get this sorted out PERMENANTLY?

kittenOFchaos said:
Same, the advert banner is just blank.

The advert is for Lycos, can't we get this sorted out PERMENANTLY?
It's the same URL again, ad.yieldmanager.com that spawns all these silly pop-ups like this:

And it's everywhere in the forums. The new Civ4 forums, the site feedback forums, even on individual threads.

Pity we can't have a CivfanaticPlus for subsribers - no ads, ever.

kittenOFchaos said:
I don't mind the ads in general. I do absolutely hate the pop-ups that pop up on every bloody page that you open including threads and replies. Fortunately I understand that Thunderfall and Telefragged don't like those pop-ups either and are doing the best they can to keep them away from the internal pages of the forum.

Btw, I just copied the link from one of those blank ads with pop-up that you mentioned, Kitten:

http://mediamgr.ugo.com/html.ng/Network=ugo&size=728x90&adtype=under&affiliate=telefragged&suba=telefragged&channel=games&subchannel=pc&category=fps&PT=hp&CR=mi&pez=tic

In case it helps to kill them.

kittenOFchaos said:

Well we are actually setup to do this. Talk to Thunnderfall if this is an option people want. It would remove all ads from all sites related to Telefragged, including civfanatics.com.

As for this current bugger we are already tracing this one down and killing it. Keep posting anything you see that shouldn't be here.

TeleFragged said:
Well we are actually setup to do this. Talk to Thunnderfall if this is an option people want. It would remove all ads from all sites related to Telefragged, including civfanatics.com.

As for this current bugger we are already tracing this one down and killing it. Keep posting anything you see that shouldn't be here.
How annoying are these ads for you?

classical_hero said:
How annoying are these ads for you?

I do not mind the ads generally... even support them to keep civfanatics a free site. But pop up ads are a bloody pain in the behind.

I'm using firefox to browse the side with popup blocking activated, but still some of them seem to get through, especially on the main civfantics page.

So i'm okay with every measure that has to be taken, to get around them.

BTW. I still get that yield managment ad poping up when i enter the main page.

@chriguhose, classical_hero was talking specefically to TeleFragged, who is the forum's host. He gets the fun task of cleaning up the mess that evil advertisers sneak in.

Top Bottom