MOD: The Balancer

I noticed that the tech tree isn't fully active/linked ie you have Facism as a tech tree item to research but its available with radio! same goes with CIty state etc.

The game scenario says its version 3.1 but the download is Balance 3.1.zip at 32 meg. Is this right or have I gotten something mixed up.

Can anyone tell me if there is an alternative graphics set that can be used with this mod? The mod is great but the graphics are just....ugly.

I assume you mean the terrain. Which part of the terrain graphics are ugly to you? It would help more if we had specifics so we can look into better options. Suggestions would be even better.

We will be replacing a lot of the graphics in the Conquests version of the mod. But a lot of the mod will change as well.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide.

The resource icons look as if they have been drawn on the screen, and look like they don't belong.

Oh, I meant to ask, would you prefer resource icons that blend in better or that look like a type of terrain themselves? Hard to explain, but like say for apples have apple tree in there instead of the apples themselves. This would make it harder to see the resources, but would make it fit in smoother. Let me know what you think.

I've been playing quite a bit recently and this is civ3 the way it should be.

I'm also a expereienced civ player and the mod is a great challange in the way its always touch and go not too hard nor too easy, just one long fight.

One thing I think is very important to do for a future mod of this is to change the pre-requests for the wonders so that 1-3 civ's doesn't end up building all of them.

If you put in more pre-req's inc the trait advance's then it will help with the diversity of the wonders. ie Mt rushmore is a good example needing Marble,

Either a trait or a good should be needed for every wonder!

Also a problem exisits with the great libary wonder, you or the AI end up getting all the traits which is a Huge advantage (I play with this wonder removed).

Yeah, the great library problem was fixed, rebroken and supposedly fixed again.

As for the requirements, we had already planned on diversifying many of the wonders and adding in some more. this is for the conquests version of course.

In 3.1k the problem is fixed ?

I have been playing the PTW 3.1 version and I have gotten no great leaders in 5 games.

I'm playing with 1.14f patch only as the 1.27 one crashes sometimes.

When I play vanilla CIv3 with the mod I get them.

This problem disrupts the game as I can't build armies!

I have even reloaded 30 times with a stack of 5 elite units attacking, no GL?!

That is just a run of bad luck my friend, the great leader effects are hardcoded. It may be different in Conquests, but as far as the mod goes we didn't change anything there.

Sorry about the problems, I know I have gotten Great Leaders in the game. I can ask the testers when the last time they got a Great leader was. I'll let oyu know the findings, and again I am sorry for the problems.

Yes, in 1.27 the Great library should work as normal.

Would it have anything to do with the fact that I've replaced the civ3.exe file with the No cd version?

I do own the original but I have a notebook with a DVD drive that most often gives me the Please insert CD problem associated with some DVD units so I found this as a fix.

Would this be the problem?

Ehm, is this mod/scenario still in development? Cause none of the links I've tried leads to download of the 3.1 version, including the link to cdgroups?

Hello,
Thanks for the hard work on this Balancer Mod
The Balancer is Awsome, really brought back the "edge of your seat" thrill for me.
My yard will have to remain overgrown with volunteer trees and weeds for a while longer, gotta play Balancer instead.

I found out about the Balancer when I bought the Pre-Order "best of the net" disk for Civ3 Conquests.

I installed everything into the Scenario folder in my PtW folder/ but I don't remember seeing any directions for how to do that-I just guessed. Are there directions somewhere that say how to do this? Is there a new version with the Conquests CD? Will it install automatically?

Thanks,
Chillingworth

Top Bottom