CTDs - Please Help

Arro

Chieftain
I've started playing Civ4 this week, and I'm trying to run Civ4 version 1.61 without the expansion. Before, I could play the game until it would randomly crash to the desktop, no matter what I did also, a game that I loaded would crash shortly after. Reading the forums and specially the troubleshooting on this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=145238

I managed to make the game somewhat playable. Now I can play the game until later eras until it finally crashes to the desktop. Yet, after it crashes once, I'm doomed to start a new game, because loading the previous one will only make it crash again soon. The game lasts like 3 turns only if I load.

I tryed all the things in the above thread, and things in other threads like setting the virtual memmory to a constant, setting the sound to be manageable by the system and increasing my AGP aperture size.

My system is:

Athlon 64 3200 Venice Core
XFX 6600Gt
Corsair XMS PC3200 2 x 512mb
200gb Seagate HDD
Asus A8V-Deluxe
On-Board AC97 Audio Card
Windows XP SP2

I'm using now the latest drivers for all hardware, but I even tried rolling back to older ones, including Omega drivers.

The overall temps for my system are far below expected so it's not overheating, the MB and CPU are all below 40º in peak times and teh GPU is between 50-60º which is pretty low for this card series.

Please, can anyone help me?

Top Bottom