Man Made Global Warming is a Media Made Myth

It goes with the territory. Conspiracy theorists are generally to the far-right of the political spectrum.
wat tenchar

Just wondering if anyone remebers the hole in the ozone layer scares thay were doing before thay jumped on the global warming band wagon?

Wonder what ever happened to all of that faermongering.

It's still there giving us skin cancer down here, but it's basically stabilised because the relevant chemicals were banned, reduced or replaced. There could be a lesson and precedent there!

Daryl said:
I was actually talking about the thing defending the scientists. The reason I used quotes is because you it is a point to this discussion that there are scientists, the smartest people in the world who say it is all a scare.

The smartest people in the world? Please, with one or two exceptions, none of these scientists are notable. Furthermore, those who post in internet discussion forums with even an imagined speck of knowledge are generally eager to debate. They overleap sources, not refuse to answer questions.

The fact that you are trumpeting this relatively fact free post as received truth, and refusing to answer hard science questions suggest you know nothing more than the average layman on the topic.

What does that have to do with this thread? I guess this wouldn't be the first time you've spammed a thread.

You want to me to crack apart some very simple statements, with a little use of irony. Fine.

Me said:
You haven't been on the forums long I take it?

That answers you're question in the positive, suggests you should already know this, while subtly sniping at the legions of people who come on to these forums posting conspiracy theories.

Me said:
Also, your signature massively violates forum rules
This is a friendly reminder, much more pleasant than getting barked at by the mods. It also refers back to the first post.

Now, that wasn't so hard, now was it?

People can be skeptical all they want. Doesn't really change the fact that we need to pollute less, so the point is fairly moot.

Better to play it safe regardless.

You really never noticed this before? Alex Jones for example? Many Ron Paul fanatics (especially young ones).
Where were you in the 1990s? Surely I can't possibly remember the VRWC better than you.

I was actually talking about the thing defending the scientists. The reason I used quotes is because you it is a point to this discussion that there are scientists, the smartest people in the world who say it is all a scare.

Just because they are scientists doesn't make them right.

There are many ways to interpret data. Some people can choose to dismiss the evidence and say this is all magnetic realignment. We should not just blindly believe them.

Where were you in the 1990s? Surely I can't possibly remember the VRWC better than you.
I didn't give a damn about politics until 2000 when Gore won the vote but lost the electoral college. Even then I still didn't care about until a few years later. About a year or so after I started coming to this forum actually.

Ya know the irony here.... while there is room to debate the merits of global warming, there is absolutely no reason to lie and say that it's real. Yet there is substantial financial incentive to lie and say that it's false. ;)

I didn't give a damn about politics until 2000 when Gore won the vote but lost the electoral college. Even then I still didn't care about until a few years later. About a year or so after I started coming to this forum actually.
Well, that's no excuse for ignorance. There quite clearly are conspiracy theorists that have nothing to do with the extreme Right, much less the Right at all.

Link to video.

Nice soundbyte but it's hardly a conspiracy that plenty of people were out to get Bill Clinton (and he sure gave them an easy job of it :ack: ).

Just because they are scientists doesn't make them right.

There are many ways to interpret data. Some people can choose to dismiss the evidence and say this is all magnetic realignment. We should not just blindly believe them.

Both charts are true, but the fact of the matter is that whether this is man-made or natural warming, it will drastically affect the way we live regardless.

I also see a correlation between CO2 in the atmosphere and the warmer periods of the Earth. The major difference is that these emissions are man-made. Will this period of warming be even worse than before or will it stay pretty much the same as previous warm periods?

Nice soundbyte but it's hardly a conspiracy that plenty of people were out to get Bill Clinton (and he sure gave them an easy job of it :ack: ).
That's the point.

Both charts are true, but the fact of the matter is that whether this is man-made or natural warming, it will drastically affect the way we live regardless.

I also see a correlation between CO2 in the atmosphere and the warmer periods of the Earth. The major difference is that these emissions are man-made. Will this period of warming be even worse than before or will it stay pretty much the same as previous warm periods?

Is CO2 a greenhouse gas? Yes
Are we releasing massive quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere? Yes.
Is the CO2 level in the atmosphere rising? Yes.
Is the average temperature going up? Yes.
Are humans causing global warming? Most likely yes.

Narz said:
It goes with the territory. Conspiracy theorists are generally to the far-right of the political spectrum.

All the conspiracy theorists I know are left wingers.

Is CO2 a greenhouse gas? Yes
Are we releasing massive quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere? Yes.
Is the CO2 level in the atmosphere rising? Yes.
Is the average temperature going up? Yes.
Are humans causing global warming? Most likely yes.

I agree with the first three points. I believe the fourth is mostly true, although temperature may be dropping, but its too early to tell.

The fifth looks quite possible, but we didn't start this global warming phase, the beginning of our warming period seems to coincide with the rest of the warming periods, making it possible that our emissions may be irrelevant, since there isn't any major spike in temperatures compared to other warming periods with much less CO2.

All the conspiracy theorists I know are left wingers.

Me too. OTOH, the great majority of the ones I see on TV, hear on the radio, read in the paper, and encounter on the internet are right wingers.

Top Bottom