Aussie Prime Minister calls leadership vote

I'm not sure it counts as a factional dumping when almost everyone abandoned him.

:lol: :lol: you could be right there, which means the factions played it extremely well, getting their concessions, just by getting in first :D

useless said:
More apologetic apologism.

For what? Pointing out that the majority of the population here were born in the Mother Country until very recently. That it wasn't until somewhat later that most 'Australians' considered themselves to be Australians and not British. Even A. O. Neville probably the arch proponent of forced removal of part Aboriginal children to the best part of my knowledge never claimed to be an Australian, he was first and foremost British and was imparting British civilisation to his wards. But to continue, that the majority of the country doesn't have roots going back before the migration programs of the late forties and early fifties. The earliest roots I can claim in Australia are in 1939 and that was only a brief stopover before a re-embarking to New Zealand. I don't think I'm unique in that respect.

useless said:
I've never said the British didn't commit genocide, so stop shoving words in my mouth

Look, I'm sure it all seems so very simple sitting in a chair thousands of miles away gesticulating wildly at the screen when someone replies unfavourably to a blatant troll. It would have helped if it was phrased intelligently or with humour. It wasn't. I won't reiterate what I said last time around suffice to say that I haven't moderated my stance on the matter in the least.

But moving on into more factual matters. Basically the apology issued by Kevin Rudd did not concern genocide. You automatically showed a complete ignorance of the matter by stating that it in-fact did. Instead, it concerned the specific targeting of part Aboriginal children for removal from their Aboriginal parents. It has nothing to do with the whole separate matter of Aboriginal genocide which has not been addressed by any Australian jurisdiction in a serious manner. Most states won't admit including your own that they may have committed genocide. That's fine its a work in progress.

Nevertheless ,this is all distinct from the numerous factual errors I've pointed out in your line of argument. Again, I'm not apologising for the fact that the Australian colonies and latter states may have committed acts which today might be called genocide. I personally agree with Colin Tatz far more than I disagree with him on the matter. So, really can you stop putting a whole argument into my mouth. For the record, mine was just intended to show you as a hypocrite, I think its worked nicely.

Julia Gillard is to much Union and that what will &^%$# us up

Top Bottom