US Midterms - Predictions and Aftereffects

Exactly. The people in the middle that vote have no consistent philosophy other than 'throw the bums out'. But in reality they are only throwing out a small portion of the bums, so we get a thrashing back and forth.

Both parties deserve the blame for that in not making it clear what they stand for, and then standing for it. So the voter is left with a guessing game.

Both parties deserve the blame for that in not making it clear what they stand for, and then standing for it. So the voter is left with a guessing game.

The Democrats in Washington are in charge of a way broader coalition of different groups than the Republicans are.
So i still claim, that they are not at fault as much as their voters are.
If they were any less ambiguous they wouldn't get elected at all.

The Democrats in Washington are in charge of a way broader coalition of different groups than the Republicans are.
So i still claim, that they are not at fault as much as their voters are.
If they were any less ambiguous they wouldn't get elected at all.

It is a broader coalition, and that does present problems. However, the Democrats are almost terminally bad at actual politics. Which, for a bunch of career politicians, is pretty damned inexcusable. As such, much of the public has no real idea of what the Dems will try to do. And get most of their idea about what the Dems will do not from what the Dems say. or for that matter, do, but rather from the lies that the GOPers tell about what the Dems will do.

You are certainly a very interesting person with very interesting views. You want to strengthen the military yet support more and more Democratic government. :p

See the thing democrats need to do is simply take the military away from the Republican party. Do that and they would truly be unstoppable. I'm not even kidding, if democrats took up the mantle of the defense industry and military personnel which to some degree they do, they would win every election out there. We would be able to get rid of these moron Republicans and teaparty nutbags and have ourselves a nice Democratic country!

Also, elimination is next to impossible. A two-party state is the bare minimum in anything apart from dictatorship, due to polarisation - those who want to keep the status quo versus those who want sweeping change.

Never mind that a one-party government, I imagine, wouldn't be some utopian ideal. Indeed, it means they're more focused on hurting us than hurting eachother!

If we could atleast get the Republican party down to say 20 seats in the senate and under 150 in the House I would be happy.

I did well on my English essay, but I'm afraid for my Biology grade. :( I failed the first quarter, so I really need to do well on my Midterm, and I think I did but I can't be sure!

I hope I did okay on my Advanced Quantum Mechanics midterm :(

Quick question, slightly off topic though.

I am registered to vote for president i voted in 08 do I have to do something else to vote in this one even though its not a presidential election? Is it too late?

I did fantastic on my midterms like straight A's so I should do pretty well.

More to the point I'm hoping that Boehoner tries to pull a Gingrich and shut down the federal government. That would be awesome.

The primaries were held months ago :p But, assuming you have not changed your address since you last voted, you are still registered and just need to show up in the right place.

Quick question, slightly off topic though.

I am registered to vote for president i voted in 08 do I have to do something else to vote in the primary even though its not a presidential election? Is it too late?

You need to register to vote prior to any given election in most states I believe but each state is a little bit different on deadlines and such.

It is a broader coalition, and that does present problems. However, the Democrats are almost terminally bad at actual politics. Which, for a bunch of career politicians, is pretty damned inexcusable. As such, much of the public has no real idea of what the Dems will try to do. And get most of their idea about what the Dems will do not from what the Dems say. or for that matter, do, but rather from the lies that the GOPers tell about what the Dems will do.

Well it's amazing to me that republicans get so many votes as it is. Quite honestly, the only demographic that favors them is some middle class to wealthy white americans. Blacks and minorities almost never vote republican (IRCC its less than 10% of blacks that do vote, vote republican).

If everyone was required to vote in the elections I dont think the Republicans would have a chance of winning, because how many votes would they get other than from the middle class and wealthy white americans? Middle class americans are divided between republican and democratic now as it is.

Suppose I registered for my new address but the polling place I have to go to is stupidly far, can I go to my old polling place and cast an emergency ballot or whatever?

Suppose I registered for my new address but the polling place I have to go to is stupidly far, can I go to my old polling place and cast an emergency ballot or whatever?

No.. you have to vote in whatever district you are living in because the ballot for each district will be different based on what congressional, senatorial, state senatorial, state representative district they fall under. Not to mention which city, county, etc they fall under.

I predict the scum who lied us into war in a typically fascistic manner, ignored Wall St and stuck the taxpayers with the bill when the corruption hit the fan will win the House

and we will have gridlock

yay, its better than either one party rule or bi-partisanship

I predict the scum who lied us into war in a typically fascistic manner, ignored Wall St and stuck the taxpayers with the bill when the corruption hit the fan will regain the House

and we will have gridlock

yay, its better than either one party rule or bi-partisanship

Apparently the voters like paying taxes for the government to do nothing. That's what will happen when they take control.

We really need a restructuring of our political system it just does not work right now with two parties. If the president is the opposite part of the party that has control of the house/senate then he can just veto whatever they propose as long as they don't have a significant majority.

Who-ever said politics was best when nothing was done clearly was a moron. That's not why we have an elected government, to do nothing. There is plenty of stuff in this country that needs fixing.

Top Bottom