Governments and Politics

At the palace immediately after advising the king of kings (may he live forever) Jehashuthra witnessed the arrival of a noble of the persian people by the name of Filli Noctus who gave him a look that betrayed the thought that he considered (erroneously) that Jehashuthra is a mere peasant.

True, a mere humble citizen of the empire is Jehashuthra, but so is the arrogant Filli Noctus, for all grovel in awe before the ordained ruler of Persia as is their rightful station before he who is the elect of Ahura Mazda, and all serve in due measure each according to their works the Persian Empire for the greater good in the name of truth. Needless to say I add that clearly he is ignorant of the ways of Persian Nation if he thinks a commoner of the lower social orders would walk amongst the halls of the King of Kings even in this day and age where emerging from nomadism all save he who is our lord are equal in all but title. Only they who earn their place by merit, or are given although unworthy the honour by the merits of their ancestors are fit to walk in the halls of the King of Kings.

Furthermore mused Jehashuthra to certain other emminent citizens, although this Filli Noctus held a veneer of reverance and went through the motions of the proskynesis that is rightfully due before the ordained ruler of Persia, it was of a superficial manner that betrayed clearly that he was posessed of the sin of undue pride and all that flows from it in an attitude contrary to the virtues of righteous dominion, devotion and good mind that are immortalised through and in the Amesha Spenta. It is unfortunate to see a Persian fall away from the righteousness of Ahura Mazda and the sublime Asha (truth) and become posessed in the snares of he who is only death Angra Mainyu (Ahriman), and his hordes of Daevas (opposites to the Yazata and the Amesha Spenta with 7 Arch-Daevas mirroring the Amesha Spenta and many lessser Diws [lower Daevas] mirroring the Yazata) and fallen into Druj (lies). Alas through Druj it has come to pass that a noble has lost his nobility in truth, and has lessened the Persian nation. I only hope that his Fravashi (guardian spirit) enlightens his mind and restores to him the serene nobility that befits a righteous man.

Looking back on the incident of the prideful man the most outrageous and indeed the most laughable thing that this Daevayasni brought to the audience was that he simply repeated the sound advice of Jehashuthra and somehow thought that the appearance of nobility and power was the true measure of a mans worth. He does not see that it is the three virtues of good word, good thought and good deed that together create a good mind and a righteous and pure man. It is clear that this noble lacks the truth and wisdom that is the blessing of Ahura Mazda. For it is said in the teachings of Ahura Mazda.

"Purity is for man, next to life, the greatest good is that purity is procured by the law of Mazda to him who cleanses his own self with Good Thoughts, Words, and Deeds."

---

On another matter here is a quote to refresh the memory of Filli Noctus, which unfortunately has been clouded by Druj born of Angra Mainyu

As the glorious leader made his decisions from the throne room from the palace of persepolis a minor noble of the empire named Jehashuthra kneeled before the king of kings and implored his lord to hear his wisdom.

~First audience of the King of Kings

I'll be watching but not playing, I hope somebody secedes and manages to succeed in forming a new nation, imaginary cookie for person who renames seceded city coronet city, there nation Corellia and people Corellians.

OOC: Why would anyone want an imaginary cookie :p

The only reason anyone would secede is if the benefit outweighed both the potential reward for remaining apart of the united empire and the exceedingly high risk factor involved in the action itself. Considering these two things I would tentatively say that secession would be exceedingly rare in this game just due to these factors.

However I could see it occuring if a single person, or cabal of people is monopolising power and it is overwhelmingly difficult to displace them through assasinations or other such means, all the while simultaneously in the empire there is some sort of ethnic discontent establishing an opportunity to establish a separate power base from the ruling powers. In that scenario perhaps the disenfranchised players would take the risk and attempt to secede from the empire. But naturally they would be taking a huge chance (ie war with the powers) and it would require a massive leap of faith on their part (or assidious backdoor dealing and planning).

-

As to the advisors I would just leave the names as they are as then any casual observor gets the drift immediately when he sees 100 pages down the line in this game a little advisor quote of messages to the current ruler.

OOC: He will be on later in due time, look at the times he was on in his earlier posts (in the red line above the posts) and you will see the general timeframe he comes online to grace the virtual halls of these forums.

addendum: Patience is a virtue :p

Should be on soon?

Quick question, do we have 2 movements or 1 per turn? 1st post says 1 and 4th post says 2.

OOC: One can make only a single movement per turn. The fourth post is merely saying that certain one can move two tiles in a turn and do a select few actions which would ordinarily alone be a movement and they will together be considered only a single movement.

-

Also in regards to the mid-session report our glorious King of Kings (may he live forever) has been absent and thus no decision have thus far been made this session so far. So perhaps the report will be delayed due to this. Although PlyPlay665 could come online at a later time of course and rubbish that possibility.

First of all, the game is divided into sessions. In a session I will tell in-game decisions/issues and other updates of the game. Each Session is divided into two turns of twelve hours each. In each turn players can do actions, diplomacy, plan, discuss, argue about in-game and other decisions. Players can also do two movements per turn.

Oops I meant post #2 lol, maybe its a typo

OOC: The section specifically related to movements says that only one movement is permitted within the protocol I mentioned earlier. Considering that the post directly relating to movements says thus, protocol would dictate that it takes priority over this addendum to another section and is to be ignored and discounted.

It is likely a typological error in my opinoin.

Yes I think so too, two movements per turn for each player might be too much for Civleader to handle. Shall remind him of this error =P

OOC: presumably he is making a turn each morning and evening and sleeps between them. Although I would suggest that he lowers the pace to every 24 hours as the game drags on as eventually there is likely to be a lot of actions.

lol I'm as confused as you mate, I'm sure we can get Civleader to clarify.

He's probably asleep right now!

OCC: I also think that the pace is too high. One update a day I could do but I cannot guarantee I'll be here everyday. Especially weekends is a time I don't have time to use computer.

I turn every 2 or 3 days would be enough when it comes to my needs.

Second thing is that there's still Yahzuk's game. With this pace I'm not sure it will be fun to play both and I don't want to decide which one I prefer.

I think we should extend the session lengths as time goes on and actions get more complicated out of necesity.

all OOC: seconded.

As to CotE, what I do with these sort of games is compartmentalise them. I don;t need a preference for one or the other as they are distinct and separate in my mind. So I can go on stabbing Filli Noctus in this game for example if he ends up as an opposing character and go right on working with him in amicable co-operation in CotE if such a thing were to occur.

incidentally Filli Noctus should really get a move on in updating the turnset in his own game. The decisions are made and there is nothing more to say so getting the ball rolling would be nice ;)

Good thing you have been discusing the time issues. I was thinking on extending each turn to 24 hour periods, making each sesion 48 hours long. This would give more time for people to play and for me to do everything.

You can only do one movement per turn, as Jehoshua was clarafying. I am not sure why the second post is incorrect, will have to correct it.

Midsession event coming soon.

In Persepolis, Jafar was talking to a civilian named Jehashuthra about the new thoughts and divinities of the Persian religion. This is what they talked about:

A very simple exegesis of Zurvanite Mazdaean thought regarding the various spiritual forces in Mazdaean theology.

---

MAZDAEISM:

--

ZURVAN

Zurvan is God, the ultimate reality, eternal, beyond time and the wholly transcendent supreme divinity. He is perfect balance and harmony and is all-powerful. Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu are his emanations, uncreated and eternally begotten from Zurvan their father, and are the immanent reality of the spiritual existence in the universe.

-

AHURA MAZDA AND ANGRA MAINYU (AHRIMAN)

Ahura Mazda:

Ahura Mazda is the god of good, of light, wisdom and creation. He is an emanation and aspect of the supreme God Zurvan. He is omniscient although not all-powerful and brought the universe into existence from the beginning and created the first man. Jealous of creation Ahura Mazda’s brother the god of evil Angra Mainyu entered creation and countered the good of the original creation. Where Ahura Mazda brought life, Angra Mainyu brought death. In spiritual war against his opposite Ahura Mazda sent form the flame imperishable, the illumination of himself, the essence of divinity, Atar, to do battle with the dragon, the devouring fire and demonic essence of Angra Mainyu, Azhi Dahaka and yet they could not overcome each other. Thus the universe was plunged into a celestial war between good and evil. To aid him in this battle Ahura Mazda created angelic beings the Amesha Spentas (seven bounteous immortals) and the Yazatas to aid him in his battle and to bring spiritual war to the enemy for the souls of mankind and for the recreation of the world into a paradise against the Daevas of Angra Mainyu. He is worthy of divine worship as the light and creator of man and as an emanation and aspect of Zurvan.

Angra Mainyu

Angra Mainyu is the god of evil, darkness, ignorance and destruction. He is an emanation and aspect of the supreme God Zurvan. He is omniscient although not all powerful and entered the creation of his brother Ahura Mazda to bring corruption to the original paradise by creating evil and sin. His essence the dragon, the devouring fire Azhi Dahaka fought against the flame imperishable of Ahura Mazda, Atar and yet it could not overcome it. Finding he could not destroy creation he made Daevas, demonic beings to counter the Amesha Spentas and the Yazatas of Ahura Mazda and aid him in the war for the souls of mankind in his war for the destruction of creation in the final battle.

HEAVENLY BEINGS OF AHURA MAZDA

Amesha Spentas

The seven bounteous immortals the Amesha Spentas are creations and hypostases of Ahura Mazda that are the divine sparks realised from his thought and are charged with spreading virtue to mankind for their conversion to righteousness in the war against Angra Mainyu. The seven bounteous immortals are Good Mind, Truth, Obedience, devotion, righteous dominion, wholeness and immortality. They are served by the Yazatas and are worthy of great veneration.

Yazatas

Literally meaning "worthy of worship", the Yazata are the angelic lower divinities and co-operators of the Amesha Spentas and Ahura Mazda created by Ahura Mazda to support him in the war against Angra Mainyu. The Yazatas are many and are warriors of Ahura Mazda against the enemy. Rashnu is a Yazata who is a servant of immortality who guides the dead over the spiritual bridge of judgement where they pass into the heaven of Ahura Mazda as his servants or weighed down by sin fall into the pit of Angra Mainyu where they are tormented forever and enslaved to the will of the enemy as his slaves in the celestial war. Mithra is also a Yazata and is the highest and greatest amongst their number and is the servant of obedience, he is charged with defending mankind against the enemy and propagating law and order where Angra Mainyu sows chaos and unlawfulness. They are worthy of veneration.

DAEVAS

Demons of Angra Mainyu, they were made to oppose the angelic servants of Ahura Mazda.

Arch-Daevas

The greatest amongst their number the Arch-Daevas are the opposite of the Amesha Spenta and are Evil Mind, Ignorance, Disobedience, Infidelity, Oppression, Destruction and Death.

Diws

There are also many lesser Daeva , co-operators of Angra Mainyu known as Diws who serve he who is all death arranged in a hierarchy similar to the Yazatas. Some amongst their number include Ashmogh the demon of apostasy, Akatash, the demon of perversion and Nang the demon of dishonour.

This will also be added under the first religion post

Top Bottom