Gingrich wants to Subpoena and Arrest Judges that don't follow his Agenda.

Gingrich declared war on liberalism long ago, this should be no surprise. He has characterized the resurgence of the neo-cons as a civil war, though one fought with words rather than bullets; a civil war, he must mobilize all the resources he can. This fits right in with that.

And here I was convinced that FDR made the biggest threat to the judicial branch that any President could make.

No. FDR just had to set some activist judges straight. Newty wants to control them all.

Newt, Newt, Newt, just when I was starting to feel sorry for you because of the Ron Paul attack ads and your few decent ideas, you go and say something like this.

I'm starting to like a Parliamentarian system more and more. The party says this person will represent you, and if you don't like it, vote someone else. At least then the idiots could be properly handled behind closed doors.

Gingrich would actually make a good President. If we attached little turbines in front of his mouth and connected them to generators, we could power 76% of our country's households. He would most certainly be the champion of renewable energy. Who wouldn't want a President who could power 76% the households in our country by simply opening his mouth?

Why does he need to be president to do that?

I get that the Republicans have a lack of sane candidates willing to run at the moment. But how can this guy be a serious candidate that is even leading some polls?

I don't see how this is surprising when Herman "I think china might soon develop nuclear bombs" Cain was at one point a leading candidate.

Guess Mitt will win the nomination :(

No. FDR just had to set some activist judges straight. Newty wants to control them all.

LOL ... Wait, You were making a funny joke right?

LOL ... Wait, You were making a funny joke right?

The judges FDR faced were activists. And they were harmful to the country. Now FDR did try to push them around. But in the end enough of them were replaced by attrition so that he didn't actually change anyone's mind. Newty wants to compel them to change their minds.

Gingrich declared war on liberalism long ago, this should be no surprise. He has characterized the resurgence of the neo-cons as a civil war, though one fought with words rather than bullets; a civil war, he must mobilize all the resources he can. This fits right in with that.
At what point do comparisons to Hitler become acceptable, exactly? :hmm:

Yeah....not the kind of speech you want to make to regain the momentum you lost when your critics have nailed you for being overly bombastic. That's some Taliban level stuff right there.

So would the GOP be happy with Obama having these powers.

If the Judiciary cannot make what they believe to be the correct decision how will they react.
Would they fight?
Would the best people avoid being judges - remember the pro GOP judge will be in for it when the Democrats get back in.
What will happen in the run up to elections, to the legal process, when judges are deciding to retire because they are in people’s sights?

If we characterized every politician that thought of individuals as "resources" to be "mobilized for the collective good" as Nazis, then we may as well hang a big swastika banner over the Congress.

That would actually be quite amusing, and not so improper.

So would the GOP be happy with Obama having these powers.

If the Judiciary cannot make what they believe to be the correct decision how will they react.
Would they fight?
Would the best people avoid being judges - remember the pro GOP judge will be in for it when the Democrats get back in.
What will happen in the run up to elections, to the legal process, when judges are deciding to retire because they are in people’s sights?

The same people who think Newty has a great idea here attacked Obama for criticizing the Supremes over the Citizens United debacle.

An article referred to this as Newt's "Rock Paper Scissors" approach to the separation of powers... that made me chuckle. The article also pointed out, perhaps rightly, that this was a last ditch desperation move to appease the Christian ultra conservative wing of the GOP base, which is where most of the extremist ideas about the Judicial Branch come from.

Top Bottom