New Naval Unit: Queen Elizabeth Class WWI/WWII Battleship

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
This file shows the Queen Elizabeth prior to its conversion, i.e. still in its late WWI look. Use this Unit to close the gap between the "Battlewagon", "Dreadnought"- and/or "Pre-Dreadnought" ships and the WWII Type "Battleship". *NEW* Post 15 holds some good info on this beautiful vessel- Go check it out!

WWI Battleship "Queen Elizabeth Class"

And here is an in-game preview (left):

Notes:
-The Death File is still in Beta Status- I left it this way since ships of that time had a nasty habit of blowing up when hit from above, by having left it the way it is now, the death flc kinda suggest this lil feature...
-The Fidget file and Run lack something I had wanted to make: Smoke- if somebody feels creative please feel free to add a small smoke screen for the run-animation and a short, single heavy one for the fidget... Njoy!!!

Ooops- I forgot to update the Ini:
Please download this one and replace the Original one that came with the Main Zip:
WWI Battleship.Ini (Now Updated to go with Battleship-Sounds)

:) Thank you for your nice posts :) and thank you Drivebymaster

btw. if you check the first post yet again: I changed the Ini a second time (it ocurred 2 me that not everybody has downloaded the Pre-Dreadnought (I think it's Kinboat's) so I changed the sounds back to the battleship ones'). If you call a copy of Conquests your own you can do as I did and use the Cruiser attack sounds by changing the "Attack1" entry to ..\Cruiser\HeavyCruiserAttack.amb

Nope!

yes thank you Winter I am having a little trouble with the pallets and I have a bad headache and a cold so don't expect anything soon BTW I have the first 3 directions done on the fidget and most of the flic is done. I just need to refine it some more to make it not so pixley

H.M.S. Queen Elizabeth

Completed in 1915 and gave her name to a class of 5 ships including the unlucky H.M.S.Warspite that turned out to be a bit too succeptible to collisions with her sister ships (amongst others*). Another ship of this class, the H.M.S. Agincourt was cancelled before completion in 1914, with the aparition of plans for the Queen Victoria Class.

Having the new 15inch guns weighing 97 tons and 57 ft. long firing a one ton projectile and having a range of 20 miles the Queen Elizabeth was capable of firing just over 1 round per minute: Eight 15inch guns in four turrets and sixteen 6inch secondary, and four 21 inch torpedo tubes.

It was also the first class of battleships in history to be powered by oil firing, giving an I.H.P.of 75,000 and a speed of 25 knots, at a displacement of previously unseen 27,500 tons! Serving through WWI and seeing action in the far east of WWII, H.M.S. Queen Elizabeth was scrapped in 1948.

The Queen Elizabeth Class comprises the following vessels:
H.M.S. Queen Elizabeth;
H.M.S. Warsprite;
H.M.S. Barham;
H.M.S. Valiant;
H.M.S. Malaya;
H.M.S. Agincourt (incomplete- 3 other ships in construction for Canada scrapped at the same time);

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little anectode on H.M.S. Warsprite: ;)

Collided with H.M.S. Barham 9 months after commission (1915),
its rudder jammed during fight in the Battle of Jutland after which it was shelled by the German Navy,
collided heavily with H.M.S Valiant (1916),
a year later (1917) with H.M.S. Destroyer,
narrowly missed shelling a passenger liner (1937),
accidently fired into city of Valetta with pompoms (1937), :D
severely damaged (1941) by 500lb bomb at Crete,
severely damaged by 3 German guided bombs (1943),
hit magnetic mine after repairs at Portsmouth (1945), :lol:
left Portsmouth (1947) but broke tow on way to breakers, :rolleyes:
ran aground in Prussia Cove off Cornish coast and:
scrapped where she lay 1947-1956 :goodjob:

(this is just one of the reasons I wouldn't like to join the navy :))

Originally posted by Drivebymaster
yes thank you Winter I am having a little trouble with the pallets and I have a bad headache and a cold so don't expect anything soon BTW I have the first 3 directions done on the fidget and most of the flic is done. I just need to refine it some more to make it not so pixley

:) :) :)

This is an awesome unit! :goodjob: If you hadn't made it I'd've requested it anyway, since it's sorely missing from the Civ progression line, and much needed for a scenario I'm working on. This and all your units are great, so keep up the good work!

Awesome unit, I had downloaded the Dreadnought but it wasn't civ-colored. I'm downloading this right away.

What do you prefer as a tech to research this and possible stats?

:goodjob:

Thank you guys :)

hmmm- I made it available with combustion- but it doesn't necesarily have to upgrade to the Battleship as the Queen Elizabeth was around until after the end of WWII (see the screen-capture) with both oil AND coal (as the class had been planned with a hybrid system of coal and oil- the British Admirality didn't trust the new fuel too much and feared to be cut off from its mid-east oil supplies in case the war'd go nasty)

snapshot

I am getting really made at my computer :mad:
I keep messing up the pallets the smoke that I made. It thinks the smoke is appart of the blue :mad:

I am about ready to pull my hair out or whats left of it :crazyeye: But winter what I did was find some colors that looked like smoke and sprayed it on and an easier way I now just saw is take the smoke that come out of the barrels when it fires and paste it :goodjob:

I'm off to the bat layer...ohh forgot to mention this my computer doesn't have internet hooked into it yet. (will be getting internet when all of this $%#^ snow melts) I am using my friends comp so you would probably have to wait...ohh...two days or so I have one more direction on the fidget

Top Bottom