UA Overkill - Does anyone else tend to this problem?

Freeman_C2K

Chieftain
Hey guys,

Still a noob, just started playing King...

As I try new civs, I read up on them first (obviously), and try to formulated a game plan of how to play them (again, obviously).

The problem is, I seem to go a bit too hard trying to play to the civ's strength and end up making poor decisions along the way and become unbalanced.

This is just going to require some patience, experience and discipline to correct - but do any of you guys find yourselves doing this too? or maybe in your more rookie days of playing?

You just see that 13 turn tech which is just what you need so you go for it, when there are a few 6 turn techs you really should take care of first. Or you build that faith building because you want to enhance your religion, when you probably should be focusing on a food or production structure... You just get anxious to play the civ's style so you overdo it.

Thoughts?

My advice is not to worry too much about losing. In the end civ is just a game, and you learn a LOT more losing than you do winning. Congrats on moving up to King. I played many, many games on King. It is probably the most fun level, where you can still make a lot of mistakes and still compete for a victory.

Role-playing with a civ is a lot of fun. For example, like you said, if I'm playing Aztecs, I take honor, then patronage (Aztecs built a robust tributary empire), then Autocracy. I don't always win (or even finish the game to completion), but it sure as hell is fun :lol:

Also, try Ethiopia OCC or a Rome ICS. Those are a lot of fun, too.

I played Ethiopia on Prince a while back. They are really fun - maybe my favorite game ever.

Top Bottom