Trade Route Trouble

ALonelyHobo

Chieftain
Hello, I've been playing Civ 5 for maybe two weeks now but I'm stumped on something. I decided to play on the largest map size possible and placed a city in the middle of where Madagascar would be. I want to connect it to my trade route or capital but I"m unable to but I can't figure it out.

Here is a Picture http://i.imgur.com/Zssij8B.jpg

I have some bad news.

Spoiler :
You can't. It must be connected via port city.

Also, I remember how ugly Vanilla Trading posts were, eww, they look like nasty barnacles stuck to nasty grounds.

Technically I think you could, but you would have to put another city on the very northern tip of the island where St Louis is, build a harbor in that city and a road down. In hindsight you should have settled St Louis one tile west or southwest, so you would be on the water and be able to build a harbor there.

There is little reason to connect it anyways Other than a few gpt. All resources are available to it anyway.

Alright, I guess it'll just stay that way then. I didn't know other resources are available to it. I thought it had to be connected to a trade route for that to happen. Thank you

Alright, I guess it'll just stay that way then. I didn't know other resources are available to it. I thought it had to be connected to a trade route for that to happen. Thank you

There is a quite good reason for connecting trade routes to it, as you earn quite a bit of gold per turn from cities that are connected. The larger and more successful the city, the more gold it earns you. It isn't the end of the world if you don't connect it and don't earn that gold, but it is still a good reason to connect any cities that don't just suck and stay tiny throughout the game. But for this hapless situation, yer mostly screwed. Always remember, if you can't build a road to it, put it on a coast and build a harbor!

Top Bottom