New Fable is coming

civvver

Deity
Well not really new, just an hd remake:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288470/?snr=1_4_4__100

While it looks cool and I thought Fable the lost chapters was awesome, this seems pretty expensive for a remake of a game that's really not *that* dated anyway. I mean it's 10 years old but so is world of warcraft. But I guess if people will pay $20 for a remake of baulder's gate maybe they'll buy this. I probably would for $5 but not much more.

Ten years is a long time for a game that hasn't aged well.

You don't think it's aged well? I think it still looks and plays ok, the original version. I wonder if this new version will only be graphics of if the story/quests/gameplay will be altered at all.

I played the original on PC recently and I thought it was decent. I only played about 8 hours and I sort of drifted away. Not because it was bad though, I dunno. I'd sort of meant to go back to it. Some aspects were sort of tedious but it didn't feel THAT old and crummy.

Ok I misunderstood, it's actually already out for xbox. The pc edition is unlocking on steam soon.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/fable-anniversary

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/05/fable-anniversary-initially-we-wanted-to-remake-the-whole-thing/

Apparently it's not very good. Or rather it doesn't have the value people expected. Some example scores of other recent remakes, Baulder's gate got 78 critc, 71 user. Age of empires 2 hd got 68 critic, 74 user. Fable anniversary has 68 critic, 65 user. Not that great. Probably not worth it if you have the original.

You don't think it's aged well? I think it still looks and plays ok, the original version. I wonder if this new version will only be graphics of if the story/quests/gameplay will be altered at all.

According to the Steam page, additional gameplay had been added, but it doesn't actually say what or how on the steam page.

On another note, I feel that Fable 2 was mechanically stronger than Fable 1 and more balanced than 3. Going back to Fable 1 always felt like I was playing a prototype of Fable 2.

On another note, I feel that Fable 2 was mechanically stronger than Fable 1 and more balanced than 3. Going back to Fable 1 always felt like I was playing a prototype of Fable 2.

I've always heard that 2 is the best, but sadly its not available on PC.

The gameplay changes I think were just come control and hud updates to make it closer to 2. That's what I gleaned from the interview I linked.

I own Fable Anniversary on the Xbox, but I haven't played it yet.

I got the original, its alright TBH. I loved it when it came out since I was living under a rock at the time, and didn't fall into the hype. I own it on steam, but I dont have it installed.
I might pick it up. It looks like p. good. Hope they got some of the more tedious things out, and make magic less powerful.
TFW juggling time between Fable and Civ III
EDIT: Will TLC content be included? Fable felt unfinished without it.

Yes lost chapters will be in there. But I don't think anything else new except some control/ui changes.

Top Bottom