We've reached a crisis, people. Please read!

Bahmo

King
Nobody, I mean nobody whom I've PMed for a copy of the map has responded to me. Nik, Matt, and Kai all seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth. If I can't get ahold of them, it's time for Plan B: We will need to redo the map. As with everything else, I cannot do this all myself. I need people who are willing to pitch in and help.

I believe I remember reading that our old plan was to use the map for the WWII scenario and just update it, but I'm not sure quite how. Again, help is required.

I think I have a way for you to skip doing the diplo infos. What working files do you have. You should start a new thread that says what we have and what we need. I don't have the time to help you because I'm working on the Star Wars mod, but I cn give you hints that can help. At least I hope they help. When I see the thread I'll see what I might be able to do/say to help.
Theres my 2 cents

Any help skipping the Diplomacy would be nice. I'll also post what we need done, here and on the "Current Status" thread.

The Latest On the State of The Mod: What We Need, and What We Have

Top Priority: These are the things we absolutely need to get the mod working.

World Map: Not done. If Nobody who did the original ever gets back to me, I'm going with Civeditor's new map.
Tech Tree: Done, by SVS I believe, updated slightly by me. Art is missing, but not necessary to load. I'll upload the update shortly.
Ideologies: Art is tentatively done, probably by Ianinsane. I say "tentatively" because I still don't like the idea of an Orthodox cathedral representing Slavic cultures, but the art can be a placeholder. Not sure if the XML or Gamefont files are done. No ideological buildings done, to my knowledge.
Units: Done, by me. There isn't any unique unit XML (except for America and India) or art, but all of them are coded for and match the new tech tree.
Buildings: WIP by me. No real puzzles here; I just need to go through them and update the existing buildings so they work with the new tech tree.
Corporations: Art is done, I don't know by whom. Not sure about Gamefont or retooled effects.
Civics: Done, by me. Many are missing buttons, but they will load.
Diplomacy: Not done. Help wanted.

Future Concerns: Hold off on these until we get the mod working at all.
Ideas: Again, please hold off for now, especially this. Ideas are great, but they can get in the way when not all of the staff concur. There are literally several versions of certain files in the repository because some members didn't realize what other members had alread done. Also for the record, it's fine to disagree with what I or any of the working members decide for the mod. If you want your idea followed instead, though, please pitch in to help us do some work.
Art: Makes the mod look pretty. If you absolutely can't do anything else that has a higher priority, feel free to do some; just don't expact me to use it until other more important things are done.
Unique Units/Buildings: Not essential but they add flavor. Plans exist for many of them; right now their just on hold from being implemented.
New Units/Buildings/Other Stuff: This mod would be pretty dull if we don't add new things!

Any help skipping the Diplomacy would be nice. I'll also post what we need done, here and on the "Current Status" thread.

The Latest On the State of The Mod: What We Need, and What We Have

Top Priority: These are the things we absolutely need to get the mod working.

World Map: Not done. If Nobody who did the original ever gets back to me, I'm going with Civeditor's new map.

I'd suggest just using mine its bigger though that might be a problem on some systems

Tech Tree: Done, by SVS I believe, updated slightly by me. Art is missing, but not necessary to load. I'll upload the update shortly.

I can't help much with this

Ideologies: Art is tentatively done, probably by Ianinsane. I say "tentatively" because I still don't like the idea of an Orthodox cathedral representing Slavic cultures, but the art can be a placeholder. Not sure if the XML or Gamefont files are done. No ideological buildings done, to my knowledge.

I'm not sure we need building for now those can be done later

Units: Done, by me. There isn't any unique unit XML (except for America and India) or art, but all of them are coded for and match the new tech tree.

Good job units are probaly some of the hardest things

Buildings: WIP by me. No real puzzles here; I just need to go through them and update the existing buildings so they work with the new tech tree.

Do you have art for all of these?

Corporations: Art is done, I don't know by whom. Not sure about Gamefont or retooled effects.

Gamefont will be important for a good amount of these things

Civics: Done, by me. Many are missing buttons, but they will load.

Art can be done later

Diplomacy: Not done. Help wanted.

You can use a blank DiploInfos file for now I have one I could upload for you

Future Concerns: Hold off on these until we get the mod working at all.
Ideas: Again, please hold off for now, especially this. Ideas are great, but they can get in the way when not all of the staff concur. There are literally several versions of certain files in the repository because some members didn't realize what other members had alread done. Also for the record, it's fine to disagree with what I or any of the working members decide for the mod. If you want your idea followed instead, though, please pitch in to help us do some work.
Art: Makes the mod look pretty. If you absolutely can't do anything else that has a higher priority, feel free to do some; just don't expact me to use it until other more important things are done.
Unique Units/Buildings: Not essential but they add flavor. Plans exist for many of them; right now their just on hold from being implemented.
New Units/Buildings/Other Stuff: This mod would be pretty dull if we don't add new things!

These are all for later version version one is what we need now

The red are my ideas

I have the map you'll need to work on attached

Attachments

• 256x160 Earth.zip
    154 KB · Views: 176
Do you have art for all of these [buildings]?

I do, on account of they're the same buildings from the core game. Again, the first priority is getting a mod that works, so all that needs to be done with the buildings for that is to give them new prerequisite technologies that conform to the new Tech Tree.

You can use a blank DiploInfos file for now I have one I could upload for you

Please do; it would be a big relief. However, aren't there two files involved with diplomacy? I've played working mods where the leaders are mute, but here apparently something has kept ours from loading.

I have the map you'll need to work on attached

Thank you once more. However, I believe I remember reading that you need to change some of the game's coding to allow bigger maps than the core game does, as well as more players. Could you help with that?

You have to ad it in the game sizes then put it in manually to the World builder file in Notepad++

Not sure I have Notepad++, and I won't get my computer back until Thursday. Could you please do that editing for me?

Edit: I'd also like to hear your ideas about how to overcome the diplomacy hurdle.

Do you have a cleared DiploInfo file yet?

Again no, because my computer is being repaired. I'm also unsure as to just what I'm supposed to clear, the text or the whole file.

By the way, I got your PM. I'm still interested in your map, but if it's not quite complete I might unfortunately fall back on the raw map by Kai. I have to add cities, but it's less work than having to add many natural features again. I also have pics of the old map, as a guide.

View attachment CIV4DiplomacyInfos.zip
Put that diplo info file in your game info and remove all reference to it from the leaderhead file. This should cover it but it makes all leaders mute.

Thanks, but could you please tell me where the leaderhead file references diplomacy? I haven't found that!

Never mind you don't have to remove anything from the leader files. Just tell me what you need and I'll try to help best I can

Okay, so I got my computer back today, and have finally looked over both the normal Giant Earth Map, and your even bigger one. One thing I like better about yours is that it doesn't have a mod attached already; it works in the core game, so it will presumably work in other mods. The players will need to be edited to fit my our new list of civs, but it's probably less work than getting Kai's map from his mod and into ours.

However, it's not finished. If you and/or Jabarto, plus anyone else could possibly pitch in to fill out America, it would help immensely. I can help too, but I'm still doing the buildings, so I will be working on those first. My priorities are 1) Get the mod so it works with standard maps, and 2) Create a map for the mod. The good news is my computer's back, so I can start working now!

I stink at making maps I'll put a map request for someone to finish it.

Who started the map? I like what I see so far!

Now, here is an interesting development: Nik finally got back to me. I am going to see if I can get a file from him. I haven't abandoned my interest in your map--at this point, I'm thinking what we'll do eventually is give players a choice of sizes, so they can pick what their PC can handle. Also, everyone who contributed will get the recognition they deserve that way.

I told you Jabarto made the map but he has other things to do so he can't finish it

Top Bottom