Tsunami uncovers ancient city in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vietcong

Deity
Yes, the archeologists will have much work to do! Good news!

yeah, half a million lives was worth it..:rolleyes:

I dont think there is anything wrong with finding a clouds silver lining. Thats a very interesting story.

Fox Mccloud said:
Inter32: Don't exagerate! :thumbdown It killed a quarter million

ohhh ..that makes me feel so much better.

again..:rolleyes:

The only significant benefit from this tsunami is that there is now a global warning system taking root. Congress rushed through legislation for a system for not only the Indian Ocean but the Atlantic basin as well, planned to deal with all causes, earthquake, landslide, volcanic, or impact-induced.

This is of little consolation for the millions lost, but the fact of the matter is that it will happen again many times in the future, and people might as well be ready for it.

Inter32 said:
yeah, half a million lives was worth it..:rolleyes:

We don't have to sit and sulk and wallow in our own misery. We can take the opportunity to learn from this disaster.

I wonder what they will discover there...

'And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born.'

eyrei said:
I wonder what they will discover there...

'And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born.'
"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold." :D

On Topic: At least some good has come of this disaster.

gene90 said:
This is of little consolation for the millions lost, but the fact of the matter is that it will happen again many times in the future, and people might as well be ready for it.
It's not actually that common. Most tsunamis are in the Pacific, not Indian, ocean. That's why the tsunami was so devestating and unexpected.

It wasn't really off-topic, just an intuitive rather than a logical connection.;)

Well, at least SOMETHING good has come out of this.

Otherwise, that city might never have been found . . . and maybe the tourist revenues will help the local economies . . .

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, the blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned; the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.
William Butler Yeats

I love that quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom