Sid.

Do you usually play on Sid difficulty level?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 9.8%
  • Are you sick?

Votes: 129 90.2%

• Total voters

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
Oh Sid Meier, I love you. No.

Do you usually play on Sid difficulty level?

Personnaly, I expect 1 answer as 1) and 36.543.651 as 2), no more!

Now, let's confront my vision with the reality, and let's vote!

NB: I personnally experienced some successfull games in Deity, but not much at all, and very customized (accel.prod.) with the choice of the civ. (Egypt, Persia...)

there you have your one vote ! :p

hehe, if i create a game myself, it is on sid.
I have the golden rule of playing strategy games at no level lower than the highest.

I however rarely create a game myself, didn't do so in a long time, and those i did create, i didn't finish. I prefer playing gotm for the competition with other players.
So it's a kind of fake yes :D

I play mostly on sid, but yes I am sick. Why else would I still be play Moo1 after 12 years?

Never played and never will. Monarch is just fine for me :)

Sid is basically not for original players like us. If someone is crazy enough to challenge this highest difficulty with accelerated production on, then they are total PSYCHO!! but it might be possible to win whatever victory condition they're focusing on.

wow vmxa, MoO1 ... been like 8 years since I left that CD on the shelf. Good times.

I've just got C3C, and of course guess what difficulty my first game was. And you can easily guess the outcome too... I played Deity on vanilla.

Sid games are simply not fun. No research, no wonder building, hunker down and hide for a long time = no thanks.

I'm moving up the curve, ready to get to diety. But I'm positve I'll never be good enough for Sid. Its just too hard.

Breunor

Of course I tried to play on Sid and, after 4 to 5 unsuccessful attempts a have the Netherlands up and running in a Sid world. I'm planning for a diplo win. But, no I am not usually playing on Sid. :)

Sid is just crazy. The Ai has so much bonus, the only way to win for me would be a mod where you have all traits, lots of free techs and start with 10 settlers. I am not good enough. For now...
What about a sid AW/OCC/no military!

Always War Sid/No military/One city culture win? Sounds a little difficult. :lol:

I am trying a Sid game right now, following Handy900's basic Byzantines Archipelago strategy. It's hard enough as it is...I'm sort of losing a little to the Persians, but they have no more navy....:evil:

Sid is great because it provides a challenge for the masters of the game. Deity level was a great challenge when the game came out, but an almost total understanding of the game led the best playes to consistently beat this level even with average starts.

Challenge for more serious playes is generally lacking in modern games. I Rome:TW for example, after learning the basics I set the difficulty to VeryHard/VeryHard, even then I found out that unless playing a particularily handicapped faction, you could lose some battles but it required incompetence to lose the war.

Top Bottom