Ruff02 - Concurrent Succession Game

i hate Ghandi's traits cause i never build wonders (i build units to capture the wonders :D ) and on higher levels i never go for religions but he does have the best start so i....... can i abstain? i just hate ghandi so much but the other starts are bad ones. i refuse to vote for ghandi though :D.

EDIT: Not that me voting for anyone other then Ghandi is gonna make a difference of course

Well, it looks like Gandhi. And the aim of the game is to teach T_Raccoon the power of Gandhi :lol:.

T_Raccoon - can you post your save.

All - what is the aim(s) for the first 20 rounds? We are going to judge the results based on the initial aim(s) unless someone does something outstanding.

I do not think there could be any initial aim. People have different openings.
Personally I would got for fishing/Polytheism in that order. In case of falure we do not loose mach. I would sugest everyone does it own thin and we look on results.

Ok, that seems fair. A reminder that the first crew are:

pholkhero
bobrath
knupp715
Ruff_Hi

Please play and write up between now and Tue and post Wed. Another thing (TM) that I have been thinking about is playing 30 turns first up and then 15 or 20. I have two reasons for this ... 1) this will be a slow game (1 set per week) and more turns per set will keep the flow going and b) 15 or 20 turns will give each player a real go at stamping their style / showing their progress on the game.

We can always drop to 10 later in the game. Thoughts?

and just to confirm, no posting of played saves until the group decides on its choice. I'll also avoid this thread once I start playing just to avoid any spoiling.

(30 turns for this first turnset right?)

bobrath said:
and just to confirm, no posting of played saves until the group decides on its choice. I'll also avoid this thread once I start playing just to avoid any spoiling.

(30 turns for this first turnset right?)

Yeah, 30 turns. I just played mine but I'm not going to post until Wed. to prevent any spoilers.

I've played mine too - and written it up.

Coolio. I'll be playing mine tomorrow night, and will post it wed as well.

hey all...sorry for the delay...didn't think I was acutally picked up for the game...I will have everything up wed for the vote...

bobrath said:
Coolio. I'll be playing mine tomorrow night, and will post it wed as well.
pholkhero said:
hey all...sorry for the delay...didn't think I was acutally picked up for the game...I will have everything up wed for the vote...
Great - if you guys are ready to go before Wed, let us know so that we can all post early. That will leave more time for discussion.

Finished up tonight; I'll be able to post from work w/o screenies. If other people post their pics, though, I won't even need mine.

All i can see is...yeesh.

if we don't get this up tonight, then if I'm up past midnight here on the Eastern seaboard of the US, can i post then...or is there an official clock we're going by??

The Indian people awoke to a world filled with much water, but no idea what to do with it! They did know that a superior being (or beings) must exist and that their only hope would be to find the path to righteousness.

Our brave warriors went afield and saw vines bearing some strange round fruit. This discovery was not enough to change our choice to settle on the spot:

With the hope of many blessings, our people began researching into the possibility of multiple divine beings guiding our way (Polytheism). We also decided that the nearby villagers might be encouraged to provide for us once our cultural borders covered their lands. Bringing an big mean ugly warrior into their midst would only cause greater havoc!

As our warriors explored to the east, we met our first nemisis: Khaaaaaan!!!

He's begun growing to the south east of our capital just across a small desert. Our island is not as large as we formly believed. Even worse, Khaaaaan's scout is heading towards our goody hut! Fortunately the scout chose to explore north first enabling our warrior to crash the hut party - rewarding us with experience (5/2) for our brave warrior:

In that same year, some far distant land was favored by the many gods and hinduism is FIDAL. With only 2 turns left to complete our research, I chose to complete the research before starting another.

The same turn as we discover that there are indeed multiple gods, a might obilisk is completed in our capital. The jumping fish incite our people to demand the right to catch and eat these delicacies, in the intrest of having a quickly growing population (and avoiding the need for wheels AND agriculture), we begin to research Fishing. Some token time towards a barracks is performed while we wait for Fishing to complete.

During this time, Hinduism is also FIDAL. [I'm betting one of the othre three of my partners will choose the right religion and we'll get Hinduism]

Upon completion of Fishing, we move onto Agriculture so that the field of wheat can also nourish our peoples. Soon after Agriculture research is complete, our Workboat is built and we bring fish to our peoples. Work is begun on a Fast Worker so that we may begin bending these lands to our wills.

My next research choice (and there are 8 turns left) is Bronze working to see if we have been blessed with copper anywhere, but also to let Delhi being turning the two food sources into real gains via the whip. With Khaaaaan so close, a war is rather likely. He has multiple sources of Ivory hooked up and will probably get the stone before we do. Looks like we got the healthy/happy side of the island and Khaaaan got the production side. I'd like to believe we can take Khaaaaan out of the game soon and turn his cities into our bounty.

Some screen shots of the world:
Resources:

Cultural borders - and I see someone in white to the east on another island man is this place crowded!!! Also looks like Khaaaaan has a second city up already.

We have researched:
Fishing, Agriculture, Mysticism, Mining, Polytheism, and have 8 turns left on Bronze Working.
Hinduism is in 14% of the world and Buddhism is in 7% of the world.

Demographics:

Delhi is the second best city at size four (Khaaan's city is #5) Incans are ahead of us with Germany and Egypt filling in 3 and 4.

and Here's Delhi!:

Our warrior is one move outside of Delhi and when he's in the town itself, we'll have one more happy (currently no military makes people unhappy!)

The Uber Boring Turnset Log:
Spoiler :

Turn 0 (4000 BC)
User comment: I find wine to the NE... but no reason to settle anywhere but start posit
Delhi founded
Delhi begins: Obelisk

Turn 1 (3960 BC)
Research begun: Polytheism
User comment: poly for the run to our first religion!

Turn 2 (3920 BC)

Turn 3 (3880 BC)

Turn 4 (3840 BC)
Delhi's borders expand

Turn 5 (3800 BC)
Contact made: Mongolian Empire

Turn 6 (3760 BC)

Turn 7 (3720 BC)
Delhi grows: 2

Turn 8 (3680 BC)

Turn 9 (3640 BC)

Turn 10 (3600 BC)
Tribal village results: experience
Hinduism founded in a distant land
User comment: Hinduism FIDAL - might as well finish off research - 2 turns to completion...

Turn 11 (3560 BC)

Turn 12 (3520 BC)
Tech learned: Polytheism
Delhi finishes: Obelisk

Turn 13 (3480 BC)
Research begun: Fishing
Delhi begins: Barracks

Turn 14 (3440 BC)

Turn 15 (3400 BC)
Delhi grows: 3
Buddhism founded in a distant land
User comment: Buddhism FIDAL - so we could have grabbed this...

Turn 16 (3360 BC)

Turn 17 (3320 BC)
Tech learned: Fishing

Turn 18 (3280 BC)
Research begun: Agriculture
User comment: Might as well get our food cranked like crazy!

Turn 19 (3240 BC)

Turn 20 (3200 BC)
Delhi begins: Work Boat
User comment: Minor brain fart here, should have done it right as fishing finished.

Turn 21 (3160 BC)

Turn 22 (3120 BC)

Turn 23 (3080 BC)
Delhi grows: 4

Turn 24 (3040 BC)

Turn 25 (3000 BC)
Tech learned: Agriculture

Turn 26 (2960 BC)
Research begun: Bronze Working
Delhi finishes: Work Boat

Turn 27 (2920 BC)
Delhi begins: Fast Worker

Turn 28 (2880 BC)

Turn 29 (2840 BC)

Turn 30 (2800 BC)

I'll be honest. This is probably one of my least succesful starts in quite a while. I was just unlucky and made poor decisions the entire time (imo of course). I suspect the other players will have a religion, know who that white block to our east is and have a much healthier setup. Course I will be interested to see what beelining to the goody hut would have brought me (free tech?).

We are setup to be a slavery easy city, but being so close to Khaaaan doesn't make me feel very secure in going the vegetarian route!

Top Bottom