LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Lord_Iggy said:
Well, the pic is me with a hoodie doing my Darth Sidious impression. I took it a few days ago.

It would be nice to get some feedback on my story I mean, authors whose books aren't being bought aren't very encouraged are they? ;) And how I'm practically hijacking the Church of the One into something of my own :mischief:

EDIT: Please don't try to assasinate my Emperor or damage my nation economy wise :p It doesn't work I assure you thlayli, I mean, you kill an old Emperor you're kinda actually HELPING me. :)

Alex you overshadowed my story. You suck

You could just edit that post now and post it again now swiss ;)

I'm assuming you didn't even bother to read my story though? :(

I did and i scold you for your name choice. Honestly, what kind of name is Laotzu. Who would ever have that name in Real life. You can't just make things up like that.

/end heavy sarcasm

Though... *watches as paranoia rises to unheard of levels*

In my best attempt to be nice and return past due favors, I remind you of several......things that you should be wary of. Not that I can elaborate of course, ;].

@Ken: Thanks for the offer, but I've talked to Iggy and i won't need the assistance. Thanks anyways.

And now, just to annoy some, I give you this:

The Treaty of Venix- 1500

- In accordance with the wishes of representatives of the independent nations of Arcadia and Davar, an open discussion was held this year in the city of Venix and its contents shall now be made public. Ranging on topics from the return of the Saint and a discussion of Pirian and Orthodox Oneism to the new government of Davar; this meeting has managed to bring about some much-need discussion between the ethnic Davian nations. In accordance with their wishes, the Treaty of Venix is published below.

The Treaty of Venix-1500

The Act of Union

A. Following the general publishing of this treaty, Arcadia and Davar shall be drawn together into one Union. The independent governments of both nations shall cease to function and a new, national government will drawn up and be based in the new capital city of Ardan. The name of this new nation shall be the Union of Ardan.
B. The new government of this Union shall be a dual-branched based in the city of Ardan. One branch of this government shall be the office of the Bishop, who will take over the foreign affairs of the state. The other branch shall consist of a series of Councils based in each province.
C. The office of the Bishopy shall be an inherited position and every new Bishop shall be appointed by the previous one. Should A Bishop pass away to Paradise before appointing his heir, a new Bishop shall be elected by a general agreement of the Councils. The power of the Bishop shall include, but not be limited to, conducting diplomacy, raising armed forces, and calling up naval forces. In times of war, the Bishop may (for a limited time) disband the national Councils to ensure the advancement of the war effort.
D. The lands of the Union shall be drawn into three different provinces- Davar, Arcadia, and the new province of Radis. Each province shall have its own Council to deal with local issues, ranging from collecting the required taxes and tariffs to dealing with criminals. Each province shall be made up of a number of smaller districts that will each have their own Councils but which will be required to submit to the Provincial Council. Each Provincial Council shall be made up of three representatives from each district that will vote on local issues.
E. All tariffs, taxes, and general barriers to trade between the two sections of the country shall be stricken from the record and done away with. An uniformed code of laws, based on the developed Arcadian law system, shall be instituted to serve the nation. Punishment for a violation of a law, if found guilty by the Provincial Council, will be severe- for example, a first theft offenses will result in a prison term of no less than one year. A second offense will result in the loss of a limb, while the third will result in execution.
F. A new naval service shall be instituted to serve in communications between the capital of Ardan and the Provinces of Arcadia and Radis. Every ardani male shall be required to serve in this institution for at least one year- board, food, and a standard pay rate shall be included for the service. In addition to the naval institution shall be a new fleet of ships, referred to as Tiranes , shall be constructed for the nation and on which males will be required to serve. In addition to military men and messengers, the sleek ships shall carry passengers from one Province to another for a small fee. The nations of Gamorrea and Orum have both agreed to allow ardani ships to rest and gather supplies in their ports.

The Faith of the Union
A. While there shall be toleration of smaller, Oneist based religions within the Union, the official faith of the Union shall be the majority- Pirian. Both Tengri and Orthodox Oneism shall be allowed within the Union’s borders. No other religion may be practiced in public within the Union and performance in such activities will result in incarceration.
B. Saint Pire shall be returned to Ardan within the year after this treaty is approved by the majority. In return for this, Arcadians shall be allowed to book passage on a Tirane for a small fee to visit Ardan and the Prophet.
C. A “volunteered” tax will be collected from the worshipers of each religion to support the construction costs of churches and other religious buildings.

The Armed Forces
A. The forces of Davar and Arcadia shall be united into one single force to defend the nation. There shall be four types of armed troops sought by the government: archers, axmen, swordsmen, and professional Guard. Unlike other nations, the Guard shall become the standard for ardani troops and the other divisions shall exist only to assist them. Each Guard shall be extensively trained, requiring five years of experience before they are sent to a battlefield. Each man shall be given iron armor, along with iron weapons. They shall be armed with a stand long sword, a back up short sword, a dagger to be kept on their belt, and a dual-bladed axe.
B. While the army shall be spread out to defend all parts of the Union, if any part of it comes under attack the army shall be called up immediately to defend the area. Until the time professional troops arrive, Provincial leaders may choose to raise militia to slow down the progress of the enemy. All soldiers drawn from the Union shall be required to serve in any part of the Union, no matter the distance if required.
C. The Navy shall consist of two distinct classes of ships: the galley and the Tirane. In accordance with article B of the previous section, any member of the distant provinces of Arcadia or Radis may book passage on a Tirane for a small fee and be provide passage to the Davian Province. Likewise, one may book passage on a Tirane and receive passage to the distant provinces.
D. All men, upon turning the age of seventeen, must report to the closet government office and register for a three-year required army service in either the army or the navy. This enlistment will be required of every man although, depending on circumstances, one may apply for a leave to delay reporting for service. Accepted reasons for this include: performing religious services such as missionary work, family requirements, or another approved reason. Note that no matter the excuse, all men by the age of forty have to volunteer for service.
E. In times of peace the army will be required to perform civic duties for the state- ranging from building and maintaining roads, performing as law enforcers if needed, and constructing civic projects. In times of war these requirements will be voided in favor of combat needs.
F. A standard rate of pay will be issued to every soldier consisting of ten druks a month. From this pay food, board, and supplies will be deducted. If requested, pay will be sent to the soldier’s home city where his family may collect it from the local government office. If service results in the soldier’s death, a final payment of twenty druks will be issued the appropriate family.

Signed: Bishop Jain of Arcadia -Ratified by the Davian Council
Map of the Union
Spoiler :

Yes that sucked, but oh well.
OOC: Fealing paranoid yet emu? ;].

IC:
To Kalmar
From UoA

We assure you, we hold no hostility towards your people. Perhaps a 3 term NAP would suffice for now.

To Nontin and The Citadel
From UoA

On the map we have shown our claim for the southern region. We hope that you will uphold it as it is not much land. We will not interfere in the other areas.

To Gorin
From UoA

We seek a NAP with your people. Perhaps a 3 term NAP would be best for now.

King Dysonis I sat upon his Horse, his personal Cataphratori bodyguard surrounding him. It was a new Dawn, They had just finished the Campaign into Kerania assisting the Kalmar. They were in the foothills of the Kerania. A Chill wind blew down the valley.

King Dysonis Shivered, and continued to sweat. He cursed under his breath, every other Man he had talked to had had a similar experiance, it could be snowing outside, but as soon as they put on their armour they would begin to sweat.

An Emissary from Kalmar approached the King, to finalise Kalmar's state of existance. That of a vassal, and this time, The state would not wriggle free from under his control.

The Journey back to UKKK proper was, uneventfull, Travelling through Tellium and the provence of Tehx, one could see the Smoke blowing up from Gerber, Cities, fields, everything destroyed. Men, Women and Children were said to be Pilled deep, VERY deep.

It only served to remind King Dysonis of the Darkness into which they strove, the Future was a dangerous thing after all. Now that he was In Kehx proper, his army of recruits and militias dirty and dusty behind him. He considered the matter, they needed to be rewarded, but even if they were no longer part of the army they could serve his purposes.

He Commissioned two Cities to be built, One in South Western Tellium and Another one in Central Nurmafer. The Recruits would be rewarded with farmlands and new homes. This would also assist him in keeping control of these provinces; The UKKK was nearing a Cultural Zenith. These Cities would serve to further Spread this culture in the new lands. Not to mention that the new farmlands might actually produce more wealth.

Furthermore, He considered another area of his Kingdom that had been sorely neglected for the past few Centuries. The Lands at the Head of the River Khim. These were rich lands, but were still sparesly populated, They would have grand cities built. This simply left Nurmafer as the most undeveloped area of the UKKK. First King Dysonis wanted to further secure his control over the region, by having the last remenants of the Monarchy, that was established on the Anarafar, intermarry into branches of his more extended royal family.

Allies had to be rewarded, People cared for, advisors talked to, various scheming elements in the court had to be managed without insulting the Houses to which they belonged to. King Dysonis hated it, but he had turned into a bureaucrat, it was loathesome and detestable. This is what the various advisors and Priests were for after all. His sons had already entered the services of the Military, Some traditions made sense, but he yearned to see them again. And also, He yearned to Campaign again, but he was surrounded by friends and allies, or sychophants if you thought about Kalmar, but this was not a bad thing. There was no war on the Horizon, better to rebuild after the war, and be prepared for the next conflict, wherever that may be.

There were only a few domestic games for him to play, One of these was in the late stages, Oundainty and Andues were drawing ever closer, struggles in both Priesthoods against this had only served to pull them together faster. It merely needed to be watched over to prevent anything stupid happening. The Pillars after all were to be the Herald of this new religion, it was to be named Aegyt, furthermore it was to be the move he would make in his attempt to unite the Related Ethnicties of Khemri, Kehoxu and Nurmafer into one solid Entity. Otornosiasm would also be worked into the new religion, some of the ideas and philosophy would be developed into the new religion and Otornosiasm would disapear as a result. Or that was the plan, either way the Nurmaferian populance would be incorperated.

From The Gorinese Empire
To UoA

The Lord Kaiser signs a 3 turn NAP with the UoA. However we would be more interested in trade with your growing nation.

To: Union of Ardan

While we note with displeasure many unnecessary divergences from the true faith, we express happy recognition of the Union of Ardan. We also wish to propose a Non Aggression Pact between our nations, for the length of a century.

Are orders really due tommorow? I'll send them anyway now.

what? orders tommorow? my alternate history is taking too long

Iggy so do we get our region economy points added on to our regular economy?
Yes, they work in the same calculation system as earlier.

Total Eco, Rural(Regions), Urban

Orders are to be sent anytime tomorrow, or maybe Saturday at latest.

I forgot Kenthrau do not forget I am purchasing your territory this turn and in agreement I will not forget to build the road.

Top Bottom