Bug Reports

My bad, the military strength variable is not connected to anything right now (as you noticed) ... must have forgotten to put it back in when I change the unit allotment method (which was a long time ago ...). I'll double check some of the other ini variables while I'm at it.

As for what units they spawn, the barb civs are still dependent on what technology they get (they ignore resources so their units aren't always the same and suck). For some reason, Pacal must not have any useful military technologies which shouldn't be the case. If you could send me the save you used to generate this I'd definitely like to see what he got only warriors. Thanks for digging around!

Well it's good to know I'm not crazy then. Unfortunately I don't have a save, I was just using the 4000 BC autosave that has since been written over. I autoplayed 10 turns (so it's extremely unlikely that any civ would have had bronze working yet) and then created the 2 barbarian civs. I'll try to get a save if I see it again.

Alright ... my bet is that Pacal is actually a peaceful builder barb in this case because otherwise there's no way he could have gotten only warriors. Depending on how the city was set up he could have started with 9 or so warriors, something which I'll decrease for the next version (a lot of units for a 'peaceful' settling!) at least for early eras.

Are the rebels supposed to spawn equally-teched units? This doesn't seem very fair, because as Mali researched democracy, everyone else, other than me, who had had rifles for decades, a rebellion spat out in my newly capture Malinese cities. Rifles and cavalry came out, while the best he had in the homeland was longbowmen.

Are the rebels supposed to spawn equally-teched units? This doesn't seem very fair, because as Mali researched democracy, everyone else, other than me, who had had rifles for decades, a rebellion spat out in my newly capture Malinese cities. Rifles and cavalry came out, while the best he had in the homeland was longbowmen.

Yes, this is the intended mechanism as when rebels spawn in your cities they are based of a combination of your tech and your enemies units. There are two reasons for using your tech level, the first being that since the rebels are spawning around your cities they will have stolen weapons from your armories/troops they've killed in street battles. They start with less than full health to simulate the lack of training and ragtagedness of rebel armies, but their weapons will not be too far out of date.

The second reason is that unless rebels spawn units of around equal tech they have no real chance and are merely an annoyance. Rebellions should be a serious threat, and so giving them decent units is a must.

That said, the rebel civ doesn't necessarily know the tech for the units it has spawned and may not be able to build new ones ... this is the circumstance where, for example, the Mali stole a bunch of rifles from you in the rebellion but don't necessarily know how to make them on their own.

Hope that explains why this decision was made.

@BobTheTerrible

Is the crash happening at about 1300AD? if so, I'm having the same problem it keeps crashing on me at the very same turn every time i load and i had a darn good game going to:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well it's been months since I made that post and I'm to lazy to look through months of post find out if it's been fixed, so can some one please tell me if it's been fixed?

Well it's been months since I made that post and I'm to lazy to look through months of post find out if it's been fixed, so can some one please tell me if it's been fixed?

Oooooh yeah and some good stuff has been added since then. Go for it and have some fun ;)

OK, thanks.

Also noticed, however, that every time a revolution came up, the same Mali came up until 2 revolutions occured at once, and both were wiped out.

Lol...Mali respawned probably 5 times this way, leading me on to supress all revolution on the planet!

When you do the mouse-over view of the Revolution status window inside the city screen, if you hit enter to exit while the status window is active, then it remains on the screen after you've left the city screen. Kind of confusing explanation. Let me know if you don't know what I mean.

Also, there are some weird culture issues when you liberate a colony. I don't know if this is a problem with the Rev mod or BtS in general. I liberated the French but had other cities close by and some of their tiles and my tiles overlapped in an odd pattern. Besides the weird location of the tiles, aren't masters supposed to always own tiles over their vassals inside the city radius? See the pictures (also you can see the Revolution status window bug is also showing up)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 111
Hmm, the popup is currently set to appear/disappear when you mouse over the bar so if you exit while stile moused over ... should be easy to fix, good find. I didn't know you could exit by pressing enter, I always just click on the map.

I haven't messed with any of the colony forming code, but those are some funky culture borders. Maybe there'll be something in this mythical final BTS patch whenever it comes, if not I'll look into it.

When you do the mouse-over view of the Revolution status window inside the city screen, if you hit enter to exit while the status window is active, then it remains on the screen after you've left the city screen. Kind of confusing explanation. Let me know if you don't know what I mean.
Also, there are some weird culture issues when you liberate a colony. I don't know if this is a problem with the Rev mod or BtS in general. I liberated the French but had other cities close by and some of their tiles and my tiles overlapped in an odd pattern. Besides the weird location of the tiles, aren't masters supposed to always own tiles over their vassals inside the city radius? See the pictures (also you can see the Revolution status window bug is also showing up)

Yeah I've already seen that bug a few dozen times and I've only been playing this mod since last night, but it's also the only bug I've seen so I'm not worried:goodjob:

I have just run some tests with Revolution in a mod where I have replaced all the default religions with different ones. I got an error at one point because enums could not find RELIGION_ISLAM, RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY, etc.

Are the types of the default religions used in the dll? If so, could you update your merge guide text file.

I have just run some tests with Revolution in a mod where I have replaced all the default religions with different ones. I got an error at one point because enums could not find RELIGION_ISLAM, RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY, etc.

Are the types of the default religions used in the dll? If so, could you update your merge guide text file.

Hmmm ... I don't make reference to particular religions anywhere in my code, but I'll investigate and see if I can track it down.

The merge guide could probably use an update anyway ... :blush:

Hmmm ... I don't make reference to particular religions anywhere in my code, but I'll investigate and see if I can track it down.

The merge guide could probably use an update anyway ... :blush:

My apologies, I was looking in the wrong direction. The Python errors were caused by the default CvRandomEventInterface.py:

Code:
######## ANCIENT OLYMPICS ###########

def canTriggerAncientOlympics(argsList):

kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
	player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)

stateReligion = player.getStateReligion()

if stateReligion == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getReligionInfo,gc.getNumReligionInfos(),'RELIGION_JUDAISM'):
		return false

if stateReligion == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getReligionInfo,gc.getNumReligionInfos(),'RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY'):
		return false

if stateReligion == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getReligionInfo,gc.getNumReligionInfos(),'RELIGION_ISLAM'):
		return false

return true

I get no interface (no action buttons, no picture, no map, no buttons near the top, no nothing). All I get is the basic map.

I got the problem with the FfH mod as well, but no other mods have that problem.

Is there a solution to it? I had to extract the mod to my desktop, and copy and paste it into the BtS Mods folder, and it seems to work fine (loads and everything), and I can get 20+ civs too, something that I couldn't do before.

However, I can't do anything without an interface... any help?

(Using the latest BtS Revolutions modpack. I LOVE the idea, I had the idea myself :p)

oops, I KNEW I forgot to follow up...

I was running the BUG mod, which, obviously, is incompatible with this mod.

I fixed it by un-installing BUG (by renaming customAssets to something else)

Sadly it means I won't get the happiness warnings (which is REALLY needed in this mod, as it makes unhappiness even more deadly than it already was (which was more dangerous than any other civ in history)), but by superfluous use of the domestic adviser, I can survive with LOTS of stability.

Its a great mod, and is surpassing my expectations, except that nationality is by far too powerful a method of instability, and distance from the palace is too weak (it should be graded in my opinion, with a very long distance leading to a HUGE instability modifier)

But, as it stands, its quite nice, and I love it. Its also EXTREMELY stable for an unofficial mod. I haven't had a python exception ever, whereas with BUG mod, I get one every 10~15 turns. Good work.

I've been thinking of boosting the distance effect as well, so I'll keep your feedback in mind. Since the effects of happiness and garrisons were increased, AI empires are much more stable and it's now entirely possible for a human to run a large, completely stable empire. Taking in the history of the mod, the last several versions have tended towards stability, with the main causes of instability being conquered territory, unhappiness, and financial problems.

I'll look at adding an event notifier into the mod as a configurable add-on ... notifications of things like unhappiness and starvation both seem rather critical now.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it!

Top Bottom