[BTS Python/XML] LeonardosWorkshop

GIR

It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced
Here is another little mini mod:

Leonardo's Workshop
(It was part of the GIRs Sevomod Add-On)

It adds a new Wonder + Wonder Movie: Leonardo's Workshop (building by Ganart)
It also adds a little python code:

Long story short: After you finished this Wonder all your units have a certain chance to get a free upgrade (one time bonus).
In addition to that all units can get a free upgrade when they win a fight in the own territory (this works as long as the Wonder isn't obsoleted).

For more info about how the Wonder works see Spoiler:
Spoiler Leonardo's Workshop game-mechanics :
Leonardo's Workshop provides a 20% chance that a Unit in your own territory upgrades for free if it's in a City or Fort or get a free Upgrade Promotion if it's not in a City or Fort. This only happens in the Turn in which you complete the Wonder.
After you finished the Wonder you have an 95% chance to get a free Upgrade Promotion after winning a Fight in your own territory.
A Unit with that Promotion only has to go in a City or in a Fort to Upgrade for free.
The Unit needs at least one upgrade possibility - if the Unit can't be upgraded now it doesn't get a "free Upgrade" Promotion.
Random upgrade if more than one upgrade possible***.
***Machine Gun:
It would be annoying if your super city rider unit auto upgrades to an machine gun. Therefore only lvl1 units or units with city garrison promotion can auto upgrade to machine gun.

PS: Your Unit doesn't lose Experience if you upgrade it with that Promotion. No 10 experience cap like with the vanilla money upgrade.

Some pics:

Have fun!

File:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8439

It is really excellent. I thought that settings for leonardo workshop as in civ2 would be in civilization 4 too strong. Your new code with 20% is very good, I think :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi GIR,

I like you'r MODS very much and have implemented them in my own mod. I haven't published it yet, but maybe I will in the future.

But I'm wondering if you could help me with some Python code.
I extracted some python code which was implemented in theViSa mod (maybe also written by you) but I don't get it working for BTS. I especially struggle with the OnBeginPLayerTurn parts of the python code. I also struggle with the Python code developed for the Shinto MOD. Which gives a unit every x turns.

The idea's that I have still need to implement in my MOD:
- separate entry in Civilopedia for all kind of articles published in the CIV4 War Academy. I now have a work around for them that I added some the BTS Concept Page.
- separate entry in Civilopedia for all avaible Traits and their advantages
- a Wonder which produces a unit every x turns. For some reason the this Python code works at my PC in the CIV4 Orginal but it doesn't work in BTS.
- a National/World Wonder which can only by build in the city where you have the have specific needed resources in the city radius (like in Civ3 for the Iron Works). Not sure if this can be done in Python. It looks a lot like your Machu Picchu Mod, where you look if a Mountain is in the area. If it's becoming a WorldWonder you can set a minimum of two or three of the needed resources before you can build the wonder.

Can you help with the above or do you already have some python code for the above mentioned which is tested for BTS. Or do you a know a MOD for BTS which has already implemented some of my wishes

Regards,

Jeroen

Great work GIR,
just a single stupid question: is this wonder compatible with mods? I mean I am playing varietas delectat and wouldlike to put this wonder intothe game..is that possible?

Top Bottom