Caveman 2 Cosmos

I can't do it. However the latest test graphics seem better. I can see the resources, huts and animals in them now.

Ahh that's great to hear, it's just v15 and 16 that I've been finding a bit of struggle to see stuff! It might be better if I were playing on a small monitor a foot away from my face, but I play hotseat with my husband on a TV mounted on the wall between our PC monitors, so I'm not that close to the screen!

To paraphrase "The Goons" - My eyes aren't what they used to be.....They used to be my ears. Which gives an indication as to how old I am. ;)
Completely OT, but I used to go the pub in Strutton Ground where they used to get together to write their scripts, it used to be a haven of Goons memorabilia but these days it's an Irish theme pub :(

Anyway that's strayed well away from the point of the thread... great mod and loving v16, looking forward to future developments!

I'm playing version 16 and am wondering if Chiefdom is suppose to be fixed borders or not? In the civics screen it doesn't say it is fixed borders, but it definately behaves that way...

Hello, i need help.
Whenever i try to load the mod from advanced in beyond the sword, it goes to the desktop and nothing loads.

Ahh that's great to hear, it's just v15 and 16 that I've been finding a bit of struggle to see stuff! It might be better if I were playing on a small monitor a foot away from my face, but I play hotseat with my husband on a TV mounted on the wall between our PC monitors, so I'm not that close to the screen!

Completely OT, but I used to go the pub in Strutton Ground where they used to get together to write their scripts, it used to be a haven of Goons memorabilia but these days it's an Irish theme pub :(

Anyway that's strayed well away from the point of the thread... great mod and loving v16, looking forward to future developments!

Looks like I was not completely correct when I could see all things better with the latest test graphics. I can't see pig or deer resource in forest at all!

@StrategyOnly can you look into this (pun intended)! Also any ideas on what I need to change to get unit naming to work for the Hunter units? I have changed the "Unit Naming.ini" and the BUG options screen. Which means that I now get a different error. :)

Also any ideas on what I need to change to get unit naming to work for the Hunter units? I have changed the "Unit Naming.ini" and the BUG options screen. Which means that I now get a different error. :)

What unitcombat are you putting them as?

Hey,

A quick heads up for the mod team..

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but the new save format doesn't seem to work properly for multiplayer. We tried (playing as Australia / America) loading our save from last night this morning, the host machine (playing as Australia) CTD on Initialising, while the other machine continued loading the game fine. "Reconnecting" to the game just caused constant OOS issues.

We saved the game in that state as the "classic" BTS save format, and we could suddenly both load the game fine, with no CTDs or OOS issues.

So yeah, don't know if its player 1 or just the Australians, but loading up the new save file doesn't work so well in multiplayer (that being said, I haven't tested it in singleplayer either).

- Micael

Is there a chance to get the fixes for the Anarchism problem and the Native Culture (European) problem posted to the Patch thread? I'd like to do a Stories & Tales of this mod, but I feel those two bugs cause too many problems to do a fair story.

Is there a chance to get the fixes for the Anarchism problem and the Native Culture (European) problem posted to the Patch thread? I'd like to do a Stories & Tales of this mod, but I feel those two bugs cause too many problems to do a fair story.

Do you have any knowledge at ALL of XMLing?

I could make the changes myself if I knew where to go and what to change. I've never tried to write anything in XML, but I can read it.

Here's what it should look like:

Code:
			<iNumFreeBonuses>0</iNumFreeBonuses>
                        [B]<FreeBuilding>BUILDINGCLASS_GOOD_EUROPEAN</FreeBuilding>[/B]
			<FreePromotion>NONE</FreePromotion>

Code:
			<TechPrereq>NONE</TechPrereq>
			[B]<iAnarchyLength>0</iAnarchyLength>[/B]
			<Upkeep>UPKEEP_LOW</Upkeep>

Here's what it should look like:

Code:
			<iNumFreeBonuses>0</iNumFreeBonuses>
                        [B]<FreeBuilding>BUILDINGCLASS_GOOD_EUROPEAN</FreeBuilding>[/B]
			<FreePromotion>NONE</FreePromotion>

Code:
			<TechPrereq>NONE</TechPrereq>
			[B]<iAnarchyLength>0</iAnarchyLength>[/B]
			<Upkeep>UPKEEP_LOW</Upkeep>

Got it, thanks. I'll try it out tonight and see how a game goes.

I thought about posting this as a thread, but this forum seems so full of major discussions, it didn't fit.

I'm coming back to Civ4 after a year or so, (that OTHER game lasted me about 4 days, so I haven't civved in a year!), and after hunting around to what happened to ROM/AND, found this.

However, there's a TON OF THREADS here, and they're all massive, so I wanna make sure I'm getting started right.

So. I've installed C4Complete, patched up to 3.19.
Almost finished downloading C2C v16, thanks to the guy who posted the magnet link.
Saw a patch thread, with what LOOKS like an updated DLL. Grabbed it and put it away for now. :)

Plan: Install mod to BtS mods directory. Drop DLL overtop. Set up INI file to auto-load C2C.

Any suggestions for good fun game setup suggestions? New computer outclasses Civ4 in every way possible, so willing to play as massive a game as is stable. :)

I thought about posting this as a thread, but this forum seems so full of major discussions, it didn't fit.

I'm coming back to Civ4 after a year or so, (that OTHER game lasted me about 4 days, so I haven't civved in a year!), and after hunting around to what happened to ROM/AND, found this.

However, there's a TON OF THREADS here, and they're all massive, so I wanna make sure I'm getting started right.

So. I've installed C4Complete, patched up to 3.19.
Almost finished downloading C2C v16, thanks to the guy who posted the magnet link.
Saw a patch thread, with what LOOKS like an updated DLL. Grabbed it and put it away for now. :)

Plan: Install mod to BtS mods directory. Drop DLL overtop. Set up INI file to auto-load C2C.

Any suggestions for good fun game setup suggestions? New computer outclasses Civ4 in every way possible, so willing to play as massive a game as is stable. :)

First off, thx for trying this great mod.:D

Here is a head about Tips and Tricks, i hope that is what your looking for.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429387

Play on snail speed, anything else is just too fast for this mod.
If you start the game on deity prepare to have your butt whooped because the AI starts with two cities, and you cannot build another one for a looong time if you start on prehistoric.

Play on snail speed, anything else is just too fast for this mod.
If you start the game on deity prepare to have your butt whooped because the AI starts with two cities, and you cannot build another one for a looong time if you start on prehistoric.

On your first game start on Monarch or so with flexible difficulty on. That way you won't have the huge starting disadvantage of AI double cities (while you're learning the mod - and the START especially is WAY different), but it will ramp up to diety fairly fast if you do ok.

Sorry to interrupt with an age old problem, that nevertheless I seem unable to correct. I'm under Vista64 (German) and use Steam, so Civ IV is found in the Steamapps folder. I have no interface and understand I should start the game with the "Run as administrator" option. However, I just don't understand which file to start. Since the only way to run a mod I know of is starting vanilla BtS and chosing "Advanced", "Run with Mod" (or whatever that is called in English), whereupon the program restarts with the Mod. Hence, what to run as adminstrator? I tried clicking on the BtS .exe, but that still gave me no interface.

Any solutions? Thanks so much. I ran the game a few turns without interface, and I can tell I would love it.

Top Bottom