Caveman 2 Cosmos

I don't see the recommended Specs, but I read the Memory Allocation threads, and they didn't really mean much to me (Every post was a "I have a MAF", and in between was a "well is Firaxis going to fix it", or "Well mine is fine after doing such and such to my save game"" Well, save games aren't a problem, it is just getting this Mod to work so I can play it. I have had a few MAfs before in regular BTS games, but this mod is the only one I am havign a problem. I really would like to play this Mod, but now I can't even get past initializing, so yeah, I really would like someone to fix this error, otherwise I am wasting my time trying to play the unplayable.

EDIT: Here is my specs (I think these are my specs, I am not entirely computer literate):

Version: 6.0.6002 Service Pack Build 6002
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5515
System Type: X86-Based PC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 2650e, 1600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: Acer v1.00, 12/3/2008
SMBIOS Version: 2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory: 2.75 GB
Available Physical Memory: 1.54 GB
Total Virtual Memory: 5.72 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 4.42 GB
Page File Space: 3.04 GB

Also, I have a 60GB Harddrive, 23.5 GB free space, if that is important.

OK here is a review of your PC from a Magazine:

Despite the AMD Athlon 64 sticker, the AMD Athlon 2650e processor running at 1.6 Ghz in this Acer doesn't seem to handle multithreading or 64-bit applications. The Athlon 2650e is a single-threaded 32-bit processor. The Acer Aspire 5515 has an ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 video card with up to 1919MB memory available. However, in reality, the Acer Aspire 5515 isn't a computer for hard-core computer geeks. It simply doesn't have the horsepower for the best games and the most taxing applications.

Look at the first post just above the DOWNLOAD HERE there is a new dll that makes things faster.

I also just found out that you have to go in the BUG screen and uncheck Flexible Difficultly (A NEW DAWN) it slows things down also, plus "we" have been noticing also lately that when people do advanced starts for some reason, things go a little weird.

How do I "go in the BUG screen?"

Edit: Also, why do a lot of the buildings not render in this mod? (That is; they don't show up in my cities after being built.)

How do I "go in the BUG screen?"

Alt-J will open the multi-tab BUG mod options. On the A New Dawn tab, left side, is the Flexible Difficulty. Make sure that box is unclicked.

You can also open the BUG Mod Options from the icon in the upper left corner to the right of the chart icon. (It's a icon of a lady bug!) In the lower left corner of my screen is hover text when I hover the mouse over an icon.

I suggest you take a look at all the tabs as there is a lot of options on the interface in the BUG mod. You can remove many personal annoyances from how you want the game to look.

Re: Your question about the new buildings not rendering, do you mean on the left-side building list inside the city screen, or on the main screen? I see everything in the city list but only a few new buildings on the main screen - I can pick out the Carnival and some kind of hut, but not much else.

Alt-J will open the multi-tab BUG mod options. On the A New Dawn tab, left side, is the Flexible Difficulty. Make sure that box is unclicked.

Thanks; that worked.

Re: Your question about the new buildings not rendering, do you mean on the left-side building list inside the city screen, or on the main screen? I see everything in the city list but only a few new buildings on the main screen - I can pick out the Carnival and some kind of hut, but not much else.

I mean the latter; those buildings that have graphics display the buildings in the city screen, but look at the main map, and they aren't often visible in the city. They also seem to appear when first built (sometimes) and then dissapear, something that doesn't seem to happen in the core game or other mods. Any idea why?

I mean the latter; those buildings that have graphics display the buildings in the city screen, but look at the main map, and they aren't often visible in the city. They also seem to appear when first built (sometimes) and then dissapear, something that doesn't seem to happen in the core game or other mods. Any idea why?

The game only displays a building in a city for a finite time, so as you build more others disappear. It is defined in the buildings infos XML but since I have not done buildings I am not sure where, so you will need to look at the Modiki. I suspect that some buildings don't have a graphic for city display but that they have a higher display priority than some of those with a graphic hence all the space in the cities.

pic
How do I get rid of all that? :confused:

I would say that the game does not have authority to write teh ini information to that folder. Make sure you either you have the authority or run Civ with the administrator access. It it trying to write your preferences for use next time.

The game only displays a building in a city for a finite time, so as you build more others disappear. It is defined in the buildings infos XML but since I have not done buildings I am not sure where, so you will need to look at the Modiki. I suspect that some buildings don't have a graphic for city display but that they have a higher display priority than some of those with a graphic hence all the space in the cities.

I'll have to look into that, then. Indeed, buildings with no actual graphic seem like they should have low priority--and at least wonders should have a very high priority.

I would say that the game does not have authority to write teh ini information to that folder. Make sure you either you have the authority or run Civ with the administrator access. It it trying to write your preferences for use next time.

How do I set it so it has the Authority? I can't run Civ IV with Administrator access due to something odd that doesn't let me run mods, without using a special mod loader program. ._.'

Which version are you talking about first.

Then try Divine Prophets and nothing else checked about religions.

I never played for religious victory, dont like it. The Culture one for sure does NOT work. Infact the only one i play is Conquest, nothing else.

Sorry for the late reply.
My report was about the prior version, but I guess it was meaningless anyway - the victory types have been given an overhaul and there apparently is no religious victory any longer. Fair enough.

Some more things I noticed:

The Armored Car doesn't have a graphic. When built, you get a unit consisting of pink balls, and while building it, it seems to "break" the city, i.e. you cannot edit the queue or something, because all the city displays is a blank city screen.

At least one building has corrupted map graphics - when it's rendered on the Civ4 map, the building is visible, but it has a pink canvas. I have yet to single out which one it is.

How does the Loyalty promotion work? It's description says it makes garrisoned cities 100% less likely to revolt, but they sure enough still revolt at their leisure, even if garrisoned by one or more units with that promotion.

How are you supposed to play with the way borders work now? When you seize a city even remotely close to another enemy city, it basically gets no tiles to work, everything around it stays in enemy hands, even when the next closest city of the enemy is like 3 fat crosses away. Are there game options that change this?

The late game tech tree is sort of a mess - it's easy to get to more or less modern unit in one area and then, much later, research far more primitive units in another area. For example, I researched the Marine like a dozen techs before I researched the (by then useless) Early Tank. Also, there are a ton of naval units that are essentially identical. (Probably all not your fault.)

In the modern era, the game basically crashes every other turn with a MAF. (I know, I know, not your fault.)
Edit: The game really crashes every turn by now (no, I'm sadly not exaggerating). Before, lowering texture resolution and playing in a lower resolution and windowed had bumped it up to 4 to 5 turns, but right now, it's unplayable.
I grinded through a war vs. France - about 50 turns while crashing every single turn, or rather the second time a turn needed to be processed. It also wasn't MAF errors, but something else.
I have Visual Studio installed from the Civ5 devkit thingie, and it pops up and wants to debug.
Anyway, it's a fun mod, but totally and utterly unplayable, at least for me. Sad.

One final issue: Inflation goes completely nuts. I have like to run at 50% tax (!), and my biggest actual cost factor is city maintenance at about 475. Inflation is 2500(!) And it rises every turn by a considerable amount.

I'e given up on that game and probably on the mod as well. Not because I don't want to play it, but because I can't. Like I wrote, sad.
_____
rezaf

How do I set it so it has the Authority? I can't run Civ IV with Administrator access due to something odd that doesn't let me run mods, without using a special mod loader program. ._.'

What operating system are you using, Vista or Win-7? 32bit or 64 bit? It should be similar for either. I have 64bit Vista and Win-7 on 2 separate PCs. I'll give detailed steps for Vista-64bit below, and if you have Win-7 the steps will be similar.

Using Windows [file] Explorer navigate to c:\Program Files(x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond The Sword. In that folder is an exe file called Civ4BeyondSword.exe. Right click that file and select Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, and there should be a box labeled "privilege level" with an entry "Run this program as an administator". Click that option, click OK, and now everytime you launch the game it will run with Windows Local Administrator permissions.

If you have a 32bit O/S the Program Files directory will not have the "(x86)" suffix.

What operating system are you using, Vista or Win-7? 32bit or 64 bit? It should be similar for either. I have 64bit Vista and Win-7 on 2 separate PCs. I'll give detailed steps for Vista-64bit below, and if you have Win-7 the steps will be similar.

Using Windows [file] Explorer navigate to c:\Program Files(x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond The Sword. In that folder is an exe file called Civ4BeyondSword.exe. Right click that file and select Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, and there should be a box labeled "privilege level" with an entry "Run this program as an administator". Click that option, click OK, and now everytime you launch the game it will run with Windows Local Administrator permissions.

If you have a 32bit O/S the Program Files directory will not have the "(x86)" suffix.

Thanks mate, all fixed, for now anyways. :)

However, in reality, the Acer Aspire 5515 isn't a computer for hard-core computer geeks. It simply doesn't have the horsepower for the best games and the most taxing applications.

Which I don't understand. I have no problems whatsoever with Legends of Revolution, Thomas' War, or Fall from Heaven 2 (and Fall Further), since the latter two are big mods themselves, I don't see why my laptop can't play C2C.

Which I don't understand. I have no problems whatsoever with Legends of Revolution, Thomas' War, or Fall from Heaven 2 (and Fall Further), since the latter two are big mods themselves, I don't see why my laptop can't play C2C.

Actually they are NOT even close to the size of C2C, sorry. None of these are even over 1 GB, mine is around 1.8 more towards 2GB. I dont even think super laptops made nowadays can handle this HUGE mod, sorry:blush:

Here is my Suggested PC requirements:

2.6 GHz (64 bit) but 32 will do
4 GB memory but three will do
10 GB free space but 60 is better
1 GB graphics card, but 256 might work

now take away the WILL DO(might work etc) parts and thats what it really needs.

I am gradually getting rid of excess stuff, but that takes alot of time. I will try and get it down to 1.5, i hope.

Graphics mainly, there are many civs each with their own graphics for buildings, cities and units. I have to play on lowest graphics settings and put up with the bright pink units and all the other units that all look the same but aren't. No other mod has as many buildings as this mod.:mischief::mischief:

I want to talk a little bit more about the city graphics: I understand that when there's this many buildings added to the mod, they can't all be displayed at once, and there's a need for visibility priorities. But why are only around two displayed at once, compared to the core game and mods where it's much more?

Hmmm, but now the mod keeps freezing up at turn 224. :s

We found out that if you use Advanced Start, it does that alot.

I want to talk a little bit more about the city graphics: I understand that when there's this many buildings added to the mod, they can't all be displayed at once, and there's a need for visibility priorities. But why are only around two displayed at once, compared to the core game and mods where it's much more?

The main reason, almost ALL the new buildings are Art/Empty is because of memory space, this is a HUGE mod, and if we put in all the buildings it takes 10 times more memory to use, and then you couldn't even get to Renaissance Era without a MAF. Thus we have adopted for the Art/Empty.nif

We found out that if you use Advanced Start, it does that alot.

The main reason, almost ALL the new buildings are Art/Empty is because of memory space, this is a HUGE mod, and if we put in all the buildings it takes 10 times more memory to use, and then you couldn't even get to Renaissance Era without a MAF. Thus we have adopted for the Art/Empty.nif

Ah, alright... I guess I better use the quick start. ><

Ah, alright... I guess I better use the quick start. ><

If your looking for a fun game try Narnia 17 civs, if your looking for an Impossible game to win, but at less trying hard, , try Continental Divide, all Private maps, i still bet no one can beat CD.:p:p

Hi , guys

I just recently installed the C2C mod and started playing it....and since i was anyway a fan of RoM ND now i find this one even better. So, i got a bit hooked up :D

but , unfortunately, my game reached a point at which i cannot progress because my turn won't change...or at least just freezes.

Situation is the following: Turn no 632/2170 1836 BC Romans

CPU 3 ghz, Ram 4 gb, video 1 gb...Win Xp SP3 32bit

I looked thorough different issues here on the forum and seems other people do experience these types of problems but i couldn't find and allmighty solution

Please, help me because i don't want to restart my campaign :(:(

here's the file too, saved just before the issue

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1836.CivBeyondSwordSave
    598.7 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom