Victories - A future discussion

MasterOfDomain

Chieftain
Thought I'd be the first to make the Victories thread after being provoked by Lord Wolf's post in another thread.

Although it may not immediately apply, victories are something we need to consider for the released version, whether it be in the future or now.

Some things to consider:
  • Is the Domination victory still applicable/achievable
  • Should Space Race be gone totally, or simply 'first to reach Mars'?
  • U.N. victories, are they realistic enough to be included?
  • When is the time victory?

I'd quite like to use Sevo's Mastery Victory condition as the only way to win. This would make it easier for smaller (read "harder") countries to win games.

Good call buddy, let's do it. The rest of you guys cool with that?

I have never played with that mod, but I have read lots about it and it sounds great. It's here, in case anyone is looking.

This relates to ianinsane's post in another thread; this mod makes it more about playing, rather than going for a specific victory condition.

So, this requires that we pick a date for the game to end... what do you guys think?

Keep in mind, using 2050, is over 2000 turns. We're using one turn = one week. So, the question I guess is, how many turns do we want?

From Mastery:

"# Wonders - 1 point per % of world wonders CONSTRUCTED by the civ, not owned! The game keeps track of who actually builds the wonders as opposed to those who capture them."

Perfect, so our stacking starting wonders in certain civs won't affect victories, I was worried about that.

You think the hyper-talented NikNaks will have trouble merging a 3.13 mod with ours, or what? Come on dude. ;-)

I seem to be enjoying putting pressure on my friends today. lol, sorry guys.

Edit: Oh, it's for warlords. But, it is already updated for 3.17 in the WoC, and therefor, already in our mod! Done deal from the sounds of it.

No...I just didn't know. I just read, and it seems that WoC is working to integrate Mastery Victory...so, I suppose that maybe it will be done being implemented. No big deal...heh.

Sounds great! I'm actually looking into downloading it for my regular civ games... makes it so I don't feel bad playing in the Modern Era :lol: . Anyways, with the wonders being built, and the ones built not counted, we're gonna need a crapload of wonder ideas to implement in the game... I'll start researching (in between XML and school of course ;) ).

Yup, we do need at least a few more ideas for World wonders, and I'm sure you'll come up with great ideas. But don't think you have to do everything yourself and get burned out! We know you have a lot on your plate as it is.

world peace

must be elected to UN secretariat and whilst in office oversea 10 years of continuous world peace.

Forming permanent alliances could feasibly make the "small countries can't beat big countries" problem less applicable. How much tendency there is to do that is still up in the air, but I'm guessing many of the smaller countries will become vassals in the course of this game.

Top Bottom