What?...

cheesemijit's finishing up the UU's and UB's. Wonders, I don't the list is even finished...

This is why I suggested that instead of trying to overload the game with small countries, we should have used "coalition civs" that represent proximity, alliances, and common goals, and have "national construction nodes" in the cities to code for different units and buildings. I don't think I'm riding up my ego too much when I say that would be the best change to make to the mod in order to make it function better.

I am glad to see we have gained back some momentum here. Honestly, I was quite put-off for the dis-organizing of this mod in the last few months. As Joecoolyo mentioned, the scenario was almost ready for unit placements and fine-tuning months ago, but then it was halt-up because there isn't a load-able version of this mod.

I agree with most of you remaining in the team - that we should keep it simple first, and then add features later on. I am happy to cut down the number of civs if some of them aren't ready. In fact, I would recommend to cut back to say 50-civ after experiencing the significant slowdown with RevolutionDCM that is default at 50 civs.

So basically for me, as long as there is a load-able version for say 50 or 60 civs (36 really is not enough) with leaderheads properly done for all the civs we want to include, I can continue working on the scenario. I will leave ideologies untouched until we see it is properly implemented in the mod.

Note that at this stage, technologies, UU and UB aren't as important as leaderheads because I can just prepare a scenario with only cities placed, without any of them.

I don't know how to make leaderheads. we could settle for static leaderheads for now couldn't we?

We don't even need to build more leaderheads if none of remaining can build leaderheads - there are many that comes with the game! For example, it doesn't hurt to use Genghis Khan's leaderhead as the face of the modern leader of Mongolia. It is not a perfect solution, but one that is workable and simple.

ok but for the release version i think atleast static modern leaderheads are needed.

EDIT: hmm. the luxury commodities port (Sri Lanka) gives +1 trade route per luxury recource present, but i cant find the xml for it. there is 'iTradeRoutes' but nothing for recources and trade routes.

EDIT AGAIN: the NDDC FACTORY (Nigeria) has "+50% Gold when supplied with Oil, Gems, Gold, Coal, Iron, Silver Copper, Corn, Sugar (non-accumulative until: with every 3 of these resources supplied, the total % goes up by 5, for a total of 15% if all the listed resources are applied)". i do not know how to code this. (for now i have put +6% for each recource in that list (adds up to 48%))

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: also cant find the code for "+1 Positive Diplomatic Point from all civs" for the Neutral Court)

I think i am done. there may be some errors but none i can find, i am going to put this as its own mod to test it.i havent put in the Above effects that i can't do but given them simple ones similar.

View attachment Unique Buildings and Wonders for World 2009.rar

We don't even need to build more leaderheads if none of remaining can build leaderheads - there are many that comes with the game! For example, it doesn't hurt to use Genghis Khan's leaderhead as the face of the modern leader of Mongolia. It is not a perfect solution, but one that is workable and simple.

Yeah we can do this for now with the release of beta. But for the full release we can attempt to find some leader heads out there (I know DVS was working on some already).

As for the civs, if we want to cut back, then I think its best to go back to our original list (the one before you came Kai :D).
EDIT: Actually, I can't find the original one, looking through the forums :blush:. So I guess we can try to keep all the civs we have now (I know a lot of the new ones don't have UU's or UB's, so we can just borrow some from the original civs in civ 4, or we can just leave them blank until we've beta tested a little).

Yeah we can do this for now with the release of beta. But for the full release we can attempt to find some leader heads out there (I know DVS was working on some already).

As for the civs, if we want to cut back, then I think its best to go back to our original list (the one before you came Ka :D).
EDIT: Actually, I kind find the original one, looking through the forums :blush:. So I guess we can try to keep all the civs we have now (I know a lot of the new ones don't have UU's or UB's, so we can just borrow some from the original civs in civ 4, or we can just leave them blank until we've beta tested a little).

As long as that list of civs is completed, I can adjust the scenario.

I think for now, it isn't really necessary. We can give some of the newer civs (added later) UU's and UB's after we release the beta. I think right now our goal is just to get this scenario (and mod for that matter) into a workable form in which we can test. So for now, we can keep the amount of civs there is and if there seems to be too much (i.e. isn't fun, destroys gameplay balance), we will find out when we test the beta.

I was under the impression that most leaderheads were finished, including the monstorously uncanny Sakashvili, and as Kai said, we can throw in leaders from the core game to serve for the rest, at least for the time being.

About the Unique Units and Buildings: If they are not coded, I would be happy to do that for you guys, although creating graphics would be a bit more of a problem for me. I need only to be shown a list of guidelines, and I'll hop to it!

As to getting it playable, it's nice that Kai has a plan to get this done. I don't know much about Revolution DCM, but if it works with 50 civs, by all means go for it.

I think cheesemijit is working on the rest of the UU's and UB's, idk if he needs any help though. Graphics (for the buildings n'stuff) are really the last thing we need to worry about (and put into the game). Right now our main goal we is to get this working together to form a mod/scenario for the beta test release. Though it is good news that most of the leader heads are done :D.

i posted above about how i have finished the UB's but if someone more experienced could have a quick look through to check for errors and that. i didnt realise i was supposed to do the UU's too but i can give them a go.

Oh, I thought I asked you. You don't have to do them if you don't want to, I know sandman's been working on them, though I'm not sure how far he has gotten. If you want to do the UU's too (if you don't, its perfectly fine), best you PM sandman, as he has been the main XMLer for those.

idk if he did and I don't know how to. Best you ask him if he did (or for the files).

Okay, it's great to see things picking up again. School's finally over, so I have a lot less pressure on that front. So, to business.

I haven't seen sandman commit anything... ever. There's nothing in the logs, IIRC, so I don't have anything. I'll check, though.

The DLL is in progress. I've changed the base to RevDCM, but I haven't uploaded it, it appears. I'll do so now, so Genghis can have a go at it.

More analysis to follow.

Good to hear everything's back to business :D. About sandman, he said he has all the files for the UU's on his computer, but for some reason he has a problem uploading them (idk why) and attaching them to his posts. So I'll PM see if he could update them in the SVN or something.

Top Bottom