Help! .DLL MISSING???

JohnnyBuck9

Chieftain
I have both the CIV3 and PTW disks. I attempted to update to the new PTW patch just out today. Ran into a problem for some reason so I decided to start from scratch and uninstall both programs. No problem.

I then installed the CIV3 program and when I click the desktop icon it just flashes to the splash screen for a second then back to the desktop. If I go to the CD directory and try to start it from the .exe in that directory I get the error message "A required .DLL file, BINKW32.DLL was not found".

I have tried to re-install a few times now and get the same message everytime.

Can anyone help? Then I can try to reload the PTW program, which incidentally crashes with a Kernel32 problem, maybe related to the first problem?

Any help appreciated.

Seato.

just had the same problem about 1/2 hour ago....cant help though sorry. just a thought but there appears to be many problems with this game.....?

Originally posted by astribo
just had the same problem about 1/2 hour ago....cant help though sorry. just a thought but there appears to be many problems with this game.....?

As someone who has worked as an IT supporter for 3 years, and played games for 20, I would like to say: No, but there are many problems with open systems like PC's and operating systems like Windows. :)

JohnnyBuck9, hi

Dec17. ok one month on but checkout my thread under `startup problem' (similar problem). One of the replies there might suit you.

good luck

aitchman

Top Bottom