August Patch (1.0.1.383) is out!

Doesn't matter; +2:c5food: translates to another Hill that you can sustain working in every city. You can never have enough :c5production:.

True. Things would be better if finisher was to give only %bonus. Like +25% growth in all cities -> than that is really bigger cities, but not production.

Also, +2f +10% in capital seems a little weak. Cap should grow faster. +2f +20% would be better. Or +30% but without +2f.

Liberty is really too strong. You can play whatever you want, but at deity or vs strong opponent in MP you are going to have hard time without it. Liberty production rush is OP.

Agree?

How aren't people seeing big changes here, especially some that a lot of people have been whining about lately:
Multiple out of sync causes found and fixed.
Player can now manually save a game while in multiplayer.
To name a few that fix multiplayer A LOT!
And one big change that, to my surprise, hasn't been discussed at all:
Unhappiness is now broken down between regular population and population from puppet cities.
I didn't quite get what they meant by this? So we now have 2 separate global happiness'?

How aren't people seeing big changes here, especially some that a lot of people have been whining about lately:

To name a few that fix multiplayer A LOT!
And one big change that, to my surprise, hasn't been discussed at all:

I didn't quite get what they meant by this? So we now have 2 separate global happiness'?

"Unhappiness is now broken down between regular population and population from puppet cities".

They just mean that these will be split up in the UI so you know where your Unhappiness is coming from, (and how much).

Fairly underwhelming patch by the looks of it.

However, at least they are finally focusing on fixing multiplayer.

It only took them 11 months to seriously address that but they are now apparently. ;)

I suppose I'll give it a go when it comes out as I always do.

Anyone notice that there are no fixes for Diplomacy or is it just me?

sigh.........

So firaxis still thinks with all the complains on this form and others they dont need to change it...

I'm gonne put this game at my attic.

To all those, who are complaining about what they still haven´t changed:
As Greg noted: It´s only the latest version of the patch notes and yet there is even no release date. So I guess this is just a first impression about some changes, they have already decided, rather than a complete list.

Why did the Taj Mahal get a boost? It's a very good wonder as it is.

Most wonders provide a persistent bonus. They added persistency to the couple that do not. Honestly, I never prioritize the Taj Mahal, since GAs are helpful, but there is nothing after the GA ends. The same is to be said for the Brandenburg Gate. Now, there is a persistent bonus, and it can be a valuable wonder.

Nice small patch. They just released a big one, so this seems to be a quick update with what they've finished to coincide with the release of the DLC. Hell, changing the name of Seoul might be the primary reason for it.

It's as I suspected. 2K is fundamentally content with the game flow at this point. They are just making minor tweaks. We won't see any more major patches (like the one released in June) until they offer an expansion, which I understand is going to be around the holidays.

I disagree. For starters, since I don't think they're releasing an expansion. However, most importantly, they just released a major patch. They couldn't possibly release another significant patch so soon. Now if they have different DLC in December, then we can figure out whether they want another large patch. I just think it's too soon to decide if they're content.

Some people are jumping to conclusions. I see no reason that this is the final set of notes until 2K Greg says otherwise. FWIW, the MP changes seem to be huge. Don't they essentially fix the simultaneous turn exploit everyone's been complaining about?

I disagree. For starters, since I don't think they're releasing an expansion. However, most importantly, they just released a major patch. They couldn't possibly release another significant patch so soon. Now if they have different DLC in December, then we can figure out whether they want another large patch. I just think it's too soon to decide if they're content.

You won't see another large patch. The game is what it is.

They have absolutely no reason not release an expansion. Each expansion will net ~$30, and it is the only way the game will get the major changes necessary to move from vanilla to ... They've got a good revenue model releasing DLCs each couple of months to keep the money flowing AND releasing expansions approximately yearly to cash in on the game's success. Look for the expansion in the fall.

The pyramids are actually interesting. I don't really see them as being useful for a liberty path... and if you go for them and miss them it's absolutely devastating for sure. However for tradition + aristocracy starts they might just be an option.

Some basic numbers:

2 workers = 140:c5production:
Pyramids = 185:c5production:
Pyramids with aristocracy = 160:c5production:
Pyramids with aristocracy + marble = 142:c5production:
Pyramids with aristocracy + egypt = 137:c5production:
Pyramids with aristocracy + marble + egypt = 123:c5production:

Considering you also get a GE point (might make up for that lost GE if you go tradition instead of liberty) and you also get that 25% boost... it just might be worth it under the right conditions. I'll be running some experiments in my games at least once it is out.
Thanks for doing some hard work for us!

I've built it sometimes, the Pyramids, but I found the problem with the worker and faster worker speed from the Pyramids is that it comes too late. You need a worker or two early, at the dawn of day, for that farm, that pasture, that lux hooked up.
The worker from the Pyramids comes when the essentials are already done, or at least should be done. I don't think you would want to build the Pyramids in a town without any terrain improvements, do you?

Then there's to consider with which rules people play. Personally, I do not steal workers from city states. And I do not plump my cities on resources - still having the benefit of that cotton field after a city has been built on it, and even without a labourer? Highly unrealistic, so I don't do that.
But if you do those things - stealing workers and putting cities on resources - then you will have less need for workers and the Pyramids will become even less interesting.

Whichever way you play, I don't think 2 workers instead of 1 is solving a lot. Maybe make the Pyramids it a bit cheaper, or adding tourist money after a certain amount of time would have been better.

Whichever way you play, I don't think 2 workers instead of 1 is solving a lot. Maybe make the Pyramids it a bit cheaper, or adding tourist money after a certain amount of time would have been better.

The most important aspect of the Pyramids, from my perspective, is the GE points. The added benefit of the two worker during the early expansion phase of the game can be very helpful. On the other hand, the only time I go for the Pyramids is if I get a high production capital, and it doesn't go to another civ early.

Good changes.
I would have thought they would start to release the DLL too, but the will probably have a seperate occasion for that.

IFor multiplayer, I hop they add the option of sequential turns, because even with the 'un-end turn', it still is a clickfest at hte beginning to gain the upper hand.

AI will avoid using land units for an operation if they are currently on a different continent than the muster point

Anyone know what this is supposed to mean for intercontinental invasions? I'm guessing better pre-planning for invasions i.e. AI sets the musterpoint to another continent, not just strings along odd groups of units. I'd like to play water maps without having to add 2 levels of difficulty to even things out.

Top Bottom