[Religion and Revolution]: Further Native Nations

Just a thought: :)
What about giving colours to the Natives according for their "nation" or "cultural Group"?
For example having south-american tribes in different tones of blue or the Comanche/Shoshone-Nation (perhaps even the Aztecs included) in different tones of, let's say, brown...?

What about giving colours to the Natives according for their "nation" or "cultural Group"?

Sounds interesting. :think:
However, I wonder if that would bite itself with the flags then. :dunno:

Since Schmiddie is the "master of graphics" in our mod,
he should decide what he wants to do with the colours. :thumbsup:

Just a thought: :)
For example having south-american tribes in different tones of blue or the Comanche/Shoshone-Nation (perhaps even the Aztecs included) in different tones of, let's say, brown...?

Hm...

a lot ot native nations already have similar colours (shades of green for caribbean, brown/yellow for great plains, red/orange for south america, shades of blue for north america...)

So I already tried to consider regions and cultural groups. ;)

And...yes, I would be a lot of work to change all colours again...This may be no. 1050 on our list... :D

Hi guys,

I've gone through the thread and noted the suggestions for new native nations, and based on appropriateness of leaderhead, available biographical information, geographical placement and people's preferences here is what I have come up with.

NORTH

nanyehi_P68[1].jpg

Could be used for the Crow tribe with Running Eagle as their leader. Background would have to be changed to reflect more of a plains appearance, and the color of the clothes would have to be changed to more earthy tones.

Crow%20-%20Pine%20Leaf[2].jpg

Could be used for the Blackfoot/Niitsítapi with Pine leaf as their leader. No changes would be needed.

Mapuche%20-%20Lautaro[1].jpg

Possible alternative candidate for the Blackfoot/Niitsítapi or the Cree with several leaders to choose from. However, with either tribe the background would have to be changed to reflect a plains environment, the checkered clothing would need to be replaced with a earthy tone garment with possibly some beading (optional) and the hair would need to be longer.

CENTRAL

Guaymi%20-%20Urraca[1].jpg

Could be used for Guaymi with Urraca as their leader. Few changes if any would be needed.

Tarascans%20-%20Erendira[1].jpg

Could be used for Tarascans with Erindira as their leader. Few changes if any would be needed.

SOUTH

Cambeba[1].jpg

Could be used for Cambeba/Omagua with Aomagua as their leader. Moustache would need to go and the color of the clothing would need to be a color other than pink!

The male alternative for the Blackfoot or Cree leader could be used for the Mapuche with Lautaro as their leader. Would need less of a graphics overhaul, just change the color and pattern of the clothing, perhaps change background a little.

So there it is. I could go with several suggestions that people have put forward, but I would like to get more of a consensus before I weigh in with what I think is most appropriate/accurate.

I totally agree! Perfect!

I would give my vote for the male Blackfoot or Cree leader for the Mapuche with Lautaro as their leader.

A change of the background and the clothes would be no problem.

I'm all for Guaymi/Urraca and Tarascans/Erendira for Central and Cambeba/Aomagua and Mapuche/Lautaro for South, those were exactly my civ/LH choices too
Spoiler :
Sounds good, will get into some details then
Based on colonialfan's comments, here are my suggestions:

Crow: Pine Leaf as leader
The LH art is perfect, no need for changes

Pawnee: Sharitahrish as leader
The LH art is good enough and fitting, only a new background is needed

Dene/Chipewyan: Thanadelthur as leader
I do beleive the art can be radically improved, as the face looks good and very fitting for a native female leader
Changes: Would need totally different hair and a background, probably some improvements on the clothing as well

Guaymi: Urraca
The LH art is great, no need for changes

Tarascans/Purepecha: Erendira as leader
The LH art is good enough, no need for changes. Maybe blackening the hair for a younger look

Mapuche: Lautaro as leader
Changes: Different background of course, fix eye colour, maybe a few small changes on the clothing patterns/colours

Cambeba/Omagua: Not sure about the leader yet, but the LH is suitable for anyone we can find for them
Changes: Remove mustache, maybe small changes on the clothing patterns/colours

Chachapoya: Guaman as leader
Changes: New background, improve clothing (I don't like neither the feathers, nor whatever he wears underneath them)

EDIT: And we of course have the Cree and the Seminole as one of the top remaining choices for North America (both from unrepresented areas)
But we don't have any suitable leaderheads for them yet...

One question for north though:
Colonialfan, didn't we want to use Pine Leaf for the Crow (not for the Blackfoot), with SaibotLieh's second LH art for it?

EDIT: After a quick check, I guess you switched the names accidentally
So it's Running Eagle for the Blackfoot on the first pic, and Pine Leaf for the Crow on the second pic if I'm right
If this is the case, I absolutely agree with all 6 choices

I'm all for Guaymi/Urraca and Tarascans/Erendira for Central and Cambeba/Aomagua and Mapuche/Lautaro for South, those were exactly my civ/LH choices too
Spoiler :

Exactly. :) I did not see any need to alter those choices, as the leaders you had proposed were great options.

One question for north though:
Colonialfan, didn't we want to use Pine Leaf for the Crow (not for the Blackfoot), with SaibotLieh's second LH art for it?

EDIT: After a quick check, I guess you switched the names accidentally
So it's Running Eagle for the Blackfoot on the first pic, and Pine Leaf for the Crow on the second pic if I'm right
If this is the case, I absolutely agree with all 6 choices

Whoops.:blush: In my haste to post I got them the wrong way round. You are right, the first picture should be Running Eagle for the Blackfoot and the second picture Pine Leaf for the Crow. Good catch. :thanx:

So ok, that is what we will do ?
(Would sound good to me. :) )

NORTH

View attachment 336519

Crow: Running Eagle
(Background changes)

View attachment 336518

Blackfoot: Pine leaf
(No changes needed)

CENTRAL

View attachment 336524

Guaymi:Urraca
(No changes needed)

View attachment 336525

Tarascans: Erindira
(No changes needed)

SOUTH

View attachment 336526

Cambeba/Omagua: Aomagua
(Remoce Moustache, changes to colours of clothes)

View attachment 336520

Mapuche: Lautaro
(Changes to Clothing. Background changed.)

Ok guys, I suggest, we now concentrate on adding the last 6 New Native Nations.
(It is the last open major topic for Release 1.3.)

@ team:

I have uploaded the graphics of our 6 new native nations into the transfer folder.

You can have a look if you want to... :)

It was hard work to find and build new/idle and working gaphics. So - this is the final result and hopefully I will not need to change something... ;)

I think after this we should not discuss the implementation of further nations. With this 6 nations we have reached a very good result.

I think after this we should not discuss the implementation of further nations. With this 6 nations we have reached a very good result.

Fully agree. :thumbsup:

These will be the final ones for this mod:
  • Crow
  • Blackfoot
  • Guaymi
  • Tarascans
  • Cambeba
  • Mapuche

Absolutely
It looks more than great:

North (12): Iroquois, Hurons, Apache, Navajo, Sioux, Cherokee, Comanche, Shoshone/Ute, Inuit, Algonquian, Crow/Apsáalooke, Blackfoot/Niitsítapi
Central + Caribbean (6+2): Aztec, Maya, Zapotec, Mixtec, Guaymi, Tarascans/Purépecha + Arawak, Carib
South (10): Inca, Tupi, Mapuche, Tehuelche, Shuar/Jivaro, Guarani, Muisca/Chibcha, Omagua/Cambeba, Machiparo, Toromona

However, I wouldn't say certainly no more civs if I were you
What if a perfect LH candidate shows up/is made (in a couple months) for Cree or Seminole for example?
There are still a couple civs (actually only a few left ;)) worthy to be included

Spoiler :
Not that it matters, but all the other civs that came up in this thread:
North: Pueblo/Anasazi, Pawnee, Seminole, Cree, Dene (Chipewyan/Yellowknives), Nez Perce, Cheyenne
South: Yanomami, Chachapoya

@colonialfan:

Would be great if you could start collecting the bios and data needed. :thumbsup:
(Leaders, Cities, Great Warriors, ...)

Once I have that, I will implement the 6 new Native Nations.

I think about making one new city set which could be used for two or three of the existing and/or new native nations.

I will use these huts:
Spoiler :

What do you think?

For which nations could we use them?

For me they look like huts for a tribe of north east america...

Attachments

• hut.png
    hut.png
    183 KB · Views: 601
Top Bottom