Oh, Dear God...the Waiting

It will be released before the end of July.

Yes. But G & K release was in June, in the end of spring. So I think the same for BNW, in the end of summer. Me too I hope in July so I can play it in my summer holidays.

IIRC, they had said that G&K would be released in 'late' spring. Which, by some definitions, it was.

BNW will undoubtedly be released in winter here, just as G&K was.

Yeh, waiting is hard. I am also waiting for Rome2: total war and age of wonders 3. But look at the bright side; future is good, and lots of fun is coming.

Having gone through the G&K wait, I feel I am better prepared to deal with this one.

Just remember:

1) the magazine articles come out mid-month, and announcements are timed to go with them
2) the other major news release is conventions
3) if they want the fansites to ask questions, they won't answer them for months
4) sometimes they will do live play-throughs, but not till closer to release
5) occasionally they will directly release exclusive info to the fansites

Go play Crusader Kings 2 or any of the Paradox titles if you can't play Civ 5 now.

IIRC, they had said that G&K would be released in 'late' spring. Which, by some definitions, it was.

BNW will undoubtedly be released in winter here, just as G&K was.

By all definition, Spring is from the Equinox to Solstice, March 21st to June 21st in the northern hemisphere, so G&K coming out on June 18th was literally late spring.

Not sure why people think it was delayed from when they said it was going to come out? :confused: If they say Summer, it will be June 21st to Sept. 21st.

Yeah, the agony of waiting is horrendous.

9 new civs!

The worst part about the waiting, is that I have trouble keeping interest actually playing GnK because I just keep thinking, 'this and that will be new and improved soon'.

Actually, G+K was released 124 days after its announcement (Feb. 16-Jun. 19), so assuming the same timespan for BNW the release date will be Jul. 17, 120 days from now. :gripe: :gripe: :gripe:

NB: Civ usually likes to release games on Tuesday, so this is likely the release date. Why Tuesday? Why?

By all definition, Spring is from the Equinox to Solstice, March 21st to June 21st in the northern hemisphere, so G&K coming out on June 18th was literally late spring.

Not sure why people think it was delayed from when they said it was going to come out? :confused: If they say Summer, it will be June 21st to Sept. 21st.
In Finland June is named 'kesäkuu', which literally means 'Summer month', so in Finland Summer starts on June 1st. In other words Firaxis lied to all Finns when they said G&K is to be released in late Spring. :p I hope they can do better this time... If I could put my hand on a hot stove for a minute and get BNW early, I'd seriously consider it (so long as it's not my mouse hand! That'd be double torture! :lol:).

Reset your expectations.
Don't even start to think about the waiting.
We're ages away from coming close to finding out about a release date.
Keep expectations low, say to yourself "it's not gonna be released until the very end of the northern summer" and you'll be fine.

In the meantime, my thoughts are with you, because - my dear civfanatic comrad - I know all too well how you're feeling :pat:
Good plan - still counting the days - would love to count down but will count up until we have a date ;)

Not a hope they'd release it that late. Expansions are released during June or July for the Civilization series, and I doubt they'd change now.

There's a first time for everything. I hope I'm wrong too :D

But for now, my guess remains at 19 August. And they won't tell us a release date for a while...

If by 'all' you mean somewhere between 'some' and 'most', then sure. Otherwise, no, autumn here ends on May 31st and winter is from June 1st to August 31st.

Actually, G+K was released 124 days after its announcement (Feb. 16-Jun. 19), so assuming the same timespan for BNW the release date will be Jul. 17, 120 days from now. :gripe: :gripe: :gripe:

NB: Civ usually likes to release games on Tuesday, so this is likely the release date. Why Tuesday? Why?

It's more of a regional thing, the release dates vary from place to place.

Again, it won't be after July, that would be a sudden change from them for little to no reason. If they were to release it that late they wouldn't have announced it yet either.

June would be ideal. I swore off Civ for a year last June anyway (and have been fighting the itch ever since).

But for me, the other important question is: Will the Mac version be released simultaneously? Come on, Aspyr, I'm counting on you!

June would be ideal. I swore off Civ for a year last June anyway (and have been fighting the itch ever since).

But for me, the other important question is: Will the Mac version be released simultaneously? Come on, Aspyr, I'm counting on you!

June's a bit early, if it were to be released in June they would have announced it in February like with Gods & Kings.

Okay, let's explain this a bit better. Announcement and release dates:

Warlords, announced on the 19th of March 2006, and released on the 24th of July, a 127 day wait.

Beyond the Sword, announced on the 28th of March 2007, released on the 23rd of July, a 117 day wait.

Gods & Kings, announced on the 15th of February 2012, released on the 19th of June, a 124 day wait.

*These are the release dates for North America

So from this it's clear that the range is around 117 to 127 days, so it's fairly consistent here. This would be the release date in the range of 10th to the 20th of July, but rather than get our hopes up too much, I'd still say that we should guess around the week of the 22nd until told otherwise.

Okay, let's explain this a bit better. Announcement and release dates:

Warlords, announced on the 19th of March 2006, and released on the 24th of July, a 127 day wait.

Beyond the Sword, announced on the 28th of March 2007, released on the 23rd of July, a 117 day wait.

Gods & Kings, announced on the 15th of February 2012, released on the 19th of June, a 124 day wait.

*These are the release dates for North America

So from this it's clear that the range is around 117 to 127 days, so it's fairly consistent here. This would be the release date in the range of 10th to the 20th of July, but rather than get our hopes up too much, I'd still say that we should guess around the week of the 22nd until told otherwise.

That does look like a pretty clear pattern all right.

Well we're still dealing with a relatively small sample there aren't we?
Just playing devil's advocate here so...

Brave New World, announced on the 15th of March 2013, released on the 20th of August, a 158 day wait. :smug:

hehe, I hope you're right Menzies :)

Top Bottom