Battlefield 3 (FOR FREE)

sherbz

Deity
Hi all

Saw this deal and thought i would share. You can get battlefield 3 standard edition for absolutely free on origin. Yes, thats right, totally free. The only caveat is you have to sign up to origin. This is about the only good deal i have ever seen on origin. Everything else seems way expensive. I got my copy. First battlefield game i have ever played. I usually stay away on principle for these games, but figured id give it a go if for free. As i am at work i cannot post the link as it blocks out origins website, but im sure you can find it if you manually look. First person can then post it back here if they want. Simples! You only have a couple of days left though. I think it expires on June 2nd. Act now if you want it.

I saw it on the other day on Reddit, decided to pick it up, EA have been quite generous with these free offers... Im a complete noob at BF so ill eventually get into it whenever my good laptop returns from repairs.

They gave away deadspace and plants vs zombies for free a while ago too. Origin has fairly regular discounts for pretty decent, we're just used to steam spoiling us with massive discounts all the time. For example I got mass effect on sale for $10 last spring.

I think it's good advertising on their part, I mean who is going to buy bf3 outside of a bundle at this point? And it gets people to possibly spend on bf4.

They gave away deadspace and plants vs zombies for free a while ago too. Origin has fairly regular discounts for pretty decent, we're just used to steam spoiling us with massive discounts all the time. For example I got mass effect on sale for $10 last spring.

I think it's good advertising on their part, I mean who is going to buy bf3 outside of a bundle at this point? And it gets people to possibly spend on bf4.

I agree here. I guess they figure that everyone who was going to buy battlefield has already bought it, so they may as well offer it for free in the hope that people buy 4 + the later titles. Rockstar employed a similar strategy with grand theft auto. I think after 3 was launched, they released 1 and 2 for free.

I still hate EA, despite these freebies. There is far too much pay to win, and in general i think they are a rip off.

It would be similar if they released BF1942, and BF2, etc for free, I am actually kind of surprised they already are giving BF3 away. This is part of EA/Origin's little project to "reward users of Origin" (more or less as their rep put it on Reddit) and, ya know, attract lots of new customers with free games. There will be another free game after BF3, I am wondering what it will be. Good move on their part, I'm actually a little proud of them.

Well, credit to EA - this is a fine offer regardless of what dark motives you might otherwise ascribe to that company.

Many thanks for posting, Sherbs!

well now it says, INR 300 i.e indian rupees, (approx USD 5 !!! ). Thats like very very cheap !!

e : well others are off the roof ..... :(
Still I like this portal

Top Bottom