Welcome New Members

Hey guys,

I used to come here with a previous account a few years ago. I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so I was advised in the general welcome may be a good area - apologies if this isn't the right category.

Firstly, welcome to all the new Beyond Earth players, hopefully you're enjoying it as much as I am.

And secondly, I've written a couple of blog posts on Civ 5. The first two are about how being able to identify geographic features (especially in mods such as perfect world) can help your early game strategy, and can be found here:
- http://geographyoftheweb.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/civilization-5-perfect-world-3-walk-through/
- http://geographyoftheweb.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/civilization-5-mods-and-virtual-geography-2/

The other is just my first impressions of some of the geographic and technological aspects of Beyond Earth, and can be found here:
- http://geographyoftheweb.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/civilization-5-beyond-earth/

Thanks for your time guys!

Hi, everyone.

I'm a long-time Civ (all the way back to CivNet) & SMAX/SMAC player.

At one point, I played SMAC exclusively for five years straight, so when I first heard that CivBE was being developed, I was beyond thrilled. Now that I've played it, not so much.:sad:

I'll leave my critique for the relevant threads, so for now I just want to say that I look forward to interacting and reminiscing with fans of the original game and hope to share ideas to make BE a more enjoyable experience.:)

Hi everyone !
I'm completely new in this Forum, although "not so new" in videogaming.
I'm Italian, I'm 39 years old, I play Sid Meyer's games since I was a child. I bought nearly every game created by Sid Meyer since 1991, and I'm especially a fan of Civilization series. I like strategic videogames and studying history as my hobbies, although in my life I have a completely different occupation (I'm a train driver). I hope to enjoy this Forum with you.

Hello all. My name is Pyre. Some call me Pyrite (By some I mean nobody) and I have been playing Civ sense Civ4 when my cousin introduced me to the series. I like playing at least semi-passive but that doesn't mean I don't know how to lay the hurt down on anybody that thinks they can pick on me. My favorite early-game technologies to research are Ballistics and Ecology and I love Ranged Units, so Rangers are just about my favorite unit but Missiles are the real meat to any defense. In my opinion of Bringing the hope of man kind to a new world is to fulfill the promise and deliver the Promised Land to those who sent us there. So you can imagine Purity is my favorite Affinity, but my view on the aliens would be to treat them like the animals of the old world and put the strong ones to work and the small harmless ones into the homes of families as pets. So a little of everything please.

Greetings. I was an old member during Civ4, forgot my account name, then discovered I had an even earlier account registered. So, sort of new but not really. Enjoying BE. My favorite vanilla Civ launch since 3, I think.

Hi all! I've been lurking here for a long time, especially on the Civ 3 & 5 war academies (the stuff there's awesome!), and decided to make an account of my own now that BE is out and post a comment or two every now and then. I've been a fan of the series ever since the first Civilization (where chariots were king!) and I've enjoyed BE so far. I hope the expansions will be as good as they were in Civ5

Greetings CivFan. Brand new player to the franchise here. Was bored during this time between s4 and s5 of LoL so I hopped on Steam and grabbed a few demos of new games. Civ:BE won out and I bought it the next day and have not stopped trying to figure it out, play effectively and grasp victory.

I plan to chronicle my exploits and skill progression in the Strategy subforum. Posting my strats, builds, results and asking for critique. If at all interested you can find it here.

Hello all. Im new italian player hoping to find others... PS i just opened a group for italians player of civ.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Newb civilization player here!

I just started with BE (i have CiV5, but the setting didn't fully engage me). Hoping the game's bugs get fixed, but i am having a great time with it. I prefer supremacy and bashing heads, but i am open to try the different kind of games. But...

Nothing like blasting aliens to get technology done in time :D

Hello you guys and gals!

I completley forgot to make this my first post, so here you go! I'm relatively new Civ player, got introduced to CiV and now play Civ BE as well. Mostly I play for fun (DUH, who doesn't:rolleyes:) and not really for fastest time or whatever. I have been lurking for some time but decided to register to give you all my valid opinions on everything. Seriously though, I really like the community so far and wanted to give some love to some of the great stroy writers. Those really brightened my day when a was in a rather difficult spot... I hope you enjoy your time and I'm looking forward to a lot of interesting, funny conversations with all of you.

Best Regards!

Patrick Pelikan

So I've been lurking here for a little while since getting Beyond Earth, and thought that I might as well make a forum profile. So here I am! Hello! I started playing Civ when I bought Civilization Revolution on the Xbox 360 and have loved the series ever since.

So I've been lurking here for a little while since getting Beyond Earth, and thought that I might as well make a forum profile. So here I am! Hello! I started playing Civ when I bought Civilization Revolution on the Xbox 360 and have loved the series ever since.

Yeah, this is pretty much my story as well. I've been watching things from the outside without ever really feeling like joining until I did just now :p . I've been playing ever since I tried the demo for Civilization IV and haven't been able to stop playing Civilization for long up to this day.

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to the forum, was playing Civ 5 before this, but I'm quite new to Civ BE! Just bought it during the Steam sale a few days ago. :)

Hello All!

Another long-time lurker in from the cold. Played the series since Civ 2 and just getting back into Civ 4 BTS (vanilla) after a gap. Good memories!

I look forward to joining the discussions and have a few questions to pose when I'm up to speed on all the mods available.

KH

Top Bottom