The World is Gray

Helmling

Philosopher King
Well, Civ 5 starts up, launches a game...but the world is all gray. I have no 3D.

Blast. Anyone know how I can deal with this. I'm running the game through CrossOver on my Mac and for some reason, it's not using my 3D card.

It's a graphics card issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Do you have a screenshot so we can see what it looks like?

Well, Civ 5 starts up, launches a game...but the world is all gray. I have no 3D.

Blast. Anyone know how I can deal with this. I'm running the game through CrossOver on my Mac and for some reason, it's not using my 3D card.

I don't know much bout Mac-s, so i have to ask: is CrossOver some kind of virtual machine program? Cause if it is then i dont think you will be able to play Civ, VM-s cant use the 3D cards very well. The best is VMWare and even that sucks

I'm assuming Crossover isn't the best option to run this.. I myself have got bootcamp and Win7, and a new i5 MBP, just so I could play Civ5 (addict much? ok ok I got it for working on it, too... lol, though for work I coulda gotten a weaker one or used the one the job wanted to GIVE me...)

I don't know much bout Mac-s, so i have to ask: is CrossOver some kind of virtual machine program? Cause if it is then i dont think you will be able to play Civ, VM-s cant use the 3D cards very well. The best is VMWare and even that sucks

It's not a VM exactly, no. And I'm able to access the graphics card through other 3D games without issue (Portal, Civ IV).

I'll explore options when I have more time, I guess. I'm at work today, but I'd just wanted to see if I could run it.

I am also getting a gray screen with a game cursor and music after the video. I have an ATI Radeon HD4200 video card. Does anyone know how to interpret this?

Tell Codeweavers

Utter strangeness. The game loaded, but the graphics look awful. The clouds are gray polygons--utterly featureless. The terrains looks awful.

But then, the water is perfect. The ocean looks great. Huh?

Utter strangeness. The game loaded, but the graphics look awful. The clouds are gray polygons--utterly featureless. The terrains looks awful.

But then, the water is perfect. The ocean looks great. Huh?

turn up the graphics quality fixes this

Top Bottom