Which windows is causing the most problems?

Which Windows are you running and does it cause problems?

• I have Win7 32 and i have problems

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have Win Vista SP2 64 and i have NO problems

• I have Win Vista SP2 32 and i have NO problems

• I have Win XP SP2 64 and i have NO problems

• I have Win XP SP2 64 and i have problems

• Total voters

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
Seems that Win 7 64 is making the most problems, and i just want to have a poll to get same evidence for that.
Poll will come in a second.
Edit: Done, please vote.
Short mentioning what the problem is (Crash on startup, crash ingame, graphics, else) could be helpful.

I couldn't get Civ5 to work in Win XP x64 so I just reloaded with Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I hope you're wrong, hate to go through all this and see it not work... :cry:

edit - In Win xp x64, it crashed whenever I tried to move units or make changes in a city screen with the exception code of 0xc0000005. I once saw a quick message flash by that said something about the video array or something like that. It went by fast. :eek:

Well, I suspect Win 7 64-bit is the most common OS to play civ5 on, so it doesn't really surprise me that the most problem reports are from that OS.

...er...you're probably right :sad:.
That's why i'd like to see also what problems there are, maybe there's somewhere a pattern behind it.

Oh, also, there no SP3 for XP x64, despite what the poll says.

XP x64 is actually based on Windows Server 2003, and not Windows XP, which is why it's only on SP2, and why it tends to have more compatibility issues than Vista/Win7 64-bit.

I see...i'm not up to date anymore :(.
Looked it up, you are right.
Can't even edit the poll, don't have the rights to do that here :aargh:.

And leif must have some strange installation :think:.

And leif must have some strange installation :think:.
Well I'll be. Just checked system info and Windows Update and both report that I have SP2. :blush:

Thought surely I had SP3. :confused:
Oh, and it is all up to date... :hide:

Vista x64 here and can't get the game to run because of the msvcr90.dll error :run:

NVM, IT WORKS NOW!!:eek: I can get to the menu now! Thanks for fixing it:goodjob::goodjob:

Top Bottom