Couple of months since release - do you still want more content?

Are you full, fanatics?

• Civ 5 is complete. Onward to Civ 6!

Votes: 49 21.6%
  • I'd like more DLC packs.

Votes: 60 26.4%
  • I want to see another expansion.

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • I want both DLC and another expansion.

Votes: 72 31.7%
  • I don't really care either way.

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • Other option which I will expound upon below.

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

CivCube

Spicy.
Rumor has it there are two more DLC packs on the way. Yet I must ask: do you want even more DLC? Perhaps even another expansion? Perhaps you are perfectly content with Brave New World?

Indeed. Apparently there's one for map scripts and another for..."Nations"? Whatever that means.

I didn't know about it until I saw this thread, but the steam database indeed has two more unnamed hidden content. It was apparently added thirteen days ago.

I would always love to see more interesting civs and scenarios and maps, but would mostly like more patches for fixes than anything. I'm very content with Civ 5 as it is - of course, if they can find things to make it even better through an expansion pack, why not?

The database is updated. The two new content are map-packs called "Changing Worlds". Not sure what the "nations" after than means.

To be honest, i would love to see more Civilizations. I find the BNW Civs to be far more creative then Vanilla Civ so i would like to see more innovative playstyles for new Civs. Of course, the older Civs should be given a face-lift and update. Pretty excited for New Japan in the Fall Patch.

I would only like a new Expansion if it offers something dramatic. More or less, I consider Civ V to be complete and would like to see some DLCs and some more patches for diplomacy, AI and balance along the way while they develop Civ VI.

New civs and scenarios are indiferent too me.

I would like to see a diferent skin for every unit from every civ, a better AI, more diferente units, better diplomacy, economic union, and news systens.

New civs and scenarios are indiferent too me.

I would like to see a diferent skin for every unit from every civ, a better AI, more diferente units, better diplomacy, economic union, and news systens.

...so you want Civ 6?

I'd like them to update some of the older civs a bit (they don't necessarily need to be overhauled, but some are just out of date) before moving onto DLC, however, I'd still buy it the day and came out - the more the merrier!

The game 'feels' full, maybe even cluttered. A big patch like we've seen in the past than hones down on balance issues would be good, but nothing more I think. There are so many civs that they are starting to overlap in the way they play (like all the early rushing civs) and the tech tree is bursting with too many different wonders and units (a new infantry unit every single column of the tech tree in the late game comes to mind). Hell, even the display is cluttered, all the resources no longer fit on the top row of the screen now that tourism, faith and trade routes have been added.

Onwards to Civ6!

I want a smarter AI before any thing else. just giving the AIs a huge starting advantage is no longer enough after so many years. there are just too many things already in the game that the AIs have no idea how to use. I have still never seen an AI build a fort, and I have no idea how they decide to place citadels, but it is frequently just idiotic. They still do not know when they are winning or losing a war. Units need to know when to run away, vs fortifying in a spot where they take more damage than they can heal. AIs need to know when the human is close to a victory condition and to make moves to counter it. I would like to see more multi resource units and "industries". I would like to see more randomness/selection for civs based on game conditions and not history. Why not give every civ an era UA or UB to be picked in game? Why would a land locked London ever choose a naval unit?

The game 'feels' full, maybe even cluttered. A big patch like we've seen in the past than hones down on balance issues would be good, but nothing more I think. There are so many civs that they are starting to overlap in the way they play (like all the early rushing civs) and the tech tree is bursting with too many different wonders and units (a new infantry unit every single column of the tech tree in the late game comes to mind). Hell, even the display is cluttered, all the resources no longer fit on the top row of the screen now that tourism, faith and trade routes have been added.

Onwards to Civ6!

Yeah, there isn't room for another expansion, in my opinion. Adding too much to the game takes away from it. The game is complete to that extent, but there is still a lot of room for significant improvements via DLC and patches, and they have the game right now so close to being amazing that I would really love to see them fine tune it some more. So let's see the DLC!

P.S. How come I check these forums every day and I hadn't heard anything about upcoming DLC before this thread?!

Give me more stuff, Firaxis. My grades aren't bad enough yet.

"Changing worlds"... global warming? I'd like that.

I'd like a nice fall patch that changes up some of the civs and social policies and makes the game a little better, but otherwise the content to the game is basically complete in my opinion.

...so you want Civ 6?

I'd like them to update some of the older civs a bit (they don't necessarily need to be overhauled, but some are just out of date) before moving onto DLC, however, I'd still buy it the day and came out - the more the merrier!

Dont need be a Civ 6. I just need first of all a better AI. Hard level gives so many advantages because AI is so stupid. If were smater, wouldn't need so advantages to play a hard game.

Secound, i would like a better diplomacy and trade.

Would be nice new civs, but for it's ok. I dont need new supergrafics. I want a better AI and how AI use this.

The database is updated. The two new content are map-packs called "Changing Worlds". Not sure what the "nations" after than means.

To be honest, i would love to see more Civilizations. I find the BNW Civs to be far more creative then Vanilla Civ so i would like to see more innovative playstyles for new Civs. Of course, the older Civs should be given a face-lift and update. Pretty excited for New Japan in the Fall Patch.

I would only like a new Expansion if it offers something dramatic. More or less, I consider Civ V to be complete and would like to see some DLCs and some more patches for diplomacy, AI and balance along the way while they develop Civ VI.

How are they changing Japan? Just curious :)

There definitely needs to be an expansion that improves science and domination like how BNW improved culture and diplomacy. Or at least a patch that makes those two victories easier to achieve (but then there needs to be more civs for dlc because more).

Dont need be a Civ 6. I just need first of all a better AI. Hard level gives so many advantages because AI is so stupid. If were smater, wouldn't need so advantages to play a hard game.

Secound, i would like a better diplomacy and trade.

Would be nice new civs, but for it's ok. I dont need new supergrafics. I want a better AI and how AI use this.

While there are a few really simple things I think they could do with the AI to make it better, programming a really good AI in a game like this is a ridiculously hard programming challenge. Consider starcraft as an example. You would think the AI there would have tremendous advantages over the player considering its infinite apm, but even as a massive game with a huge budget, but even it gets advantages on higher difficulties. Civ V is a game a human will naturally have an advantage in unless you want to spend a million years designing this, so making a better AI overall is just plain hard.

There definitely needs to be an expansion that improves science and domination like how BNW improved culture and diplomacy. Or at least a patch that makes those two victories easier to achieve (but then there needs to be more civs for dlc because more).

Ehh science is fine. If you're focusing on growth and science, you shouldn't have a huge issue. Going Rationalism and getting the PT will significantly help boost you up, plus the AI rarely opens Rationalism. I will say that if one thing should change, it's the ISS World Congress proposal. It simply comes too late to matter in most science games, so maybe make that a bit more relative.

In terms of Domination, G&K address a lot of combat issues Vanilla had and made the overall war experience a bit better (ie a bit more balance to units except melee, 100HP, etc). I think a few tweaks to Honor certainly allow for a few early wars. This biggest issue Honor has is the money problem since you're generally killing your trading partners...

Top Bottom