Tips for Egypt?

Carl5872

Prince
I was going to start a game with Egypt, and was wondering peoples recommendations for build orders, social policies and really any other helpful advice.

I was torn between using Tradition for the wonder bonus and a strong capital to make wonders. I also could see going liberty for many cities to use his burial tomb in large quantities.

While they do have the war chariot, I think it isnt a reason to go to war on your own, so I feel honor is out, and I don;t see a specific reason to go down piety or aggressively pursue a religion, unless using the start bias on desert to try and get desert folklore, then building stonehenge to get a powerul faith generation early on.

Buildwise, I would probalby start with scout, then shrine if I have the tech by then, then worker, and hoping to buy a settler, and have my capital focus on wonders.

Please share your thoughts.

Egypt's quite versatile. I do definitely reccomend at least going down Tradition to get the bonus to Wonders, and then going a low-pop ICS plan to get loads of Burial Tombs rolling so you're swimming in Faith and Happiness. So like, a combination tall-wide game where you have one or two huge cities pumping out the Wonders and several more small cities to claim land with. The War Chariot makes this more viable, as they're great for defense, being super mobile and not requiring any Horses at all, so you can freely settle in the face of an aggressive AI and have the defenses to back it up. Then going Piety to make best use of all that Faith you're flooded with, and into Aesthetics since you'll have a load of Wonders with theming bonuses that are nice to capitalize on.

Egypt's quite versatile. I do definitely reccomend at least going down Tradition to get the bonus to Wonders, and then going a low-pop ICS plan to get loads of Burial Tombs rolling so you're swimming in Faith and Happiness. So like, a combination tall-wide game where you have one or two huge cities pumping out the Wonders and several more small cities to claim land with. The War Chariot makes this more viable, as they're great for defense, being super mobile and not requiring any Horses at all, so you can freely settle in the face of an aggressive AI and have the defenses to back it up. Then going Piety to make best use of all that Faith you're flooded with, and into Aesthetics since you'll have a load of Wonders with theming bonuses that are nice to capitalize on.

Oh I entirely forgot they gave faith not culture! THanks Gyra! Can't wait to try them!

Egypt's definitely going to be a CIV that focuses on building and not much on warmongering. I recommend going for working the top branch and going for Stonehenge, The Great Library, and the Oracle and definitely going down Tradition.

You could work the bottom branch of the tech tree, but you're going to waste time building an early army when you should be snagging those juicy economic/faith-based wonders at the top.

The start bias isn't desert, it's non-forest.

Egypt is a nice culture civ, as the big culture wonders are huge when trying for a CV. Egypt with Tradition is a terror; tons of thebes pop, +20% UA, +15% Aristocracy and you can keep an artist handy and pop a golden age when you need a wonder built and that's a sudden 55% wonder bonus.

Burial tomb is nice it's like an extra lux per 2 cities.

Very helpful analysis. I had never thought about how Egypt's abilities work together like this, but your comment makes them sound fun and interesting to play.

Top Bottom