A question about Alien Crossfire

cow3000

Chieftain
I recently remembered this great game that I played only once long long time ago. Some things that were bugging me I managed to solve by modding the alphaax file, but there is one more that I'd like to solve if possible. I googled a lot trying to find an answer and I found none. I was wondering is it possible to increase the number of playable factions above 7. I'd really like to play a game with all original factions and both alien factions. Thank you for any help you can give.

Welcome to CivFanatics and the Alpha Centauri forum!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to play with more than seven factions. No current mod or "unofficial patch" allows you to do so and it's highly unlikely that this ability will be added in the future.

Thank you for a reply and a welcome.

I have one more question. I'm not sure if I ran into a bug in my game. I own a GOG version of the game which I patched to 2.0.2.23 and I applied Yitzi's 2.5 patch. I'm currently playing a game where I researched 50% of the tech tree and I got the ability to build sky hydroponics lab. According to the source on the internet that facility should produce +1 additional nutrient per turn for each satellite built in each of my cities. I'm not sure if it is meant for a city tile only or for every tile worked by the city. But the thing is when my city finishes the building of the sky hydroponics labs it remains available for construction again, there is no increase in the food production in any of the cities and it is not on a list of facilities built in the city. I played with the original patch until I ran into this bug then I applied the unofficial patch but the problem remains. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you for a reply and a welcome.

I have one more question. I'm not sure if I ran into a bug in my game. I own a GOG version of the game which I patched to 2.0.2.23 and I applied Yitzi's 2.5 patch. I'm currently playing a game where I researched 50% of the tech tree and I got the ability to build sky hydroponics lab. According to the source on the internet that facility should produce +1 additional nutrient per turn for each satellite built in each of my cities. I'm not sure if it is meant for a city tile only or for every tile worked by the city. But the thing is when my city finishes the building of the sky hydroponics labs it remains available for construction again, there is no increase in the food production in any of the cities and it is not on a list of facilities built in the city. I played with the original patch until I ran into this bug then I applied the unofficial patch but the problem remains. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
The Sky Hydrophonics Labs should produce +1 nutrient per base (not per tile worked), subject to the following limitations: Nutrient increase is halved for bases without an Aerospace Complex and the increase can't exceed the size of the base. I think the halving is rounded up. For example, a size one base without an Aerospace Complex will still get +1 nuts (1/2 is rounded up to 1). You may be receiving the proper nutrient bonus without realizing it. Look in the base display screen and compare the total number of nutrients produced by the base with the number of nutrients produced by citizens working tiles plus the nuts produced by the base tile. If the total number of nuts is greater than the other amount, then the difference is due to satellites. Finally, satellites are not shown as items produced by individual bases. Satellite information is shown by pressing the F6 key.

Please let me know if this information isn't clear, or if it doesn't solve your problem.

It seems I'm a noob. Yeah you're right food production in the base is increased. Everything works correctly. I got 8 satellites in orbit. What confused me was the name 'sky hydroponics lab'. I assumed that is a facility, even datalinks don't say that it's a satellite.
Thanks for the help.

If you like using satellites, then the Cloudbase Academy wonder will give you those Aerospace Complexes for the full bonus; also the Space Elevator supposedly cuts the cost of Orbital Improvements in half.

In my Santiago game I'm currently going after Energy Transmitters and it's funny to see them add to a base's inefficiency, like the energy needs to get over a hump or something. Still good though, especially if you have 20+ large bases.

If you like using satellites, then the Cloudbase Academy wonder will give you those Aerospace Complexes for the full bonus; also the Space Elevator supposedly cuts the cost of Orbital Improvements in half.

In my Santiago game I'm currently going after Energy Transmitters and it's funny to see them add to a base's inefficiency, like the energy needs to get over a hump or something. Still good though, especially if you have 20+ large bases.

The Space Elevator doesn't cut the cost of orbital improvements in half; it doubles your minerals while you're building orbital improvements. Which is an important distinction when you're concerned about ecodamage.

Top Bottom