Dawn of Colonization Sign-Ups

You seem to have forgotten the one where we stab people who stab too many people. :p

@Ghostwriter16/Domination3000: I know it, I just choose to ignore it and follow my own standards.

That said, the point is if he does chose to expand your way, he has ample time to prepare in the knowledge of your militancy, and is thus unlikely to be caught in a surprise attack (if he's sharp ofc :p). Oh and as AA has mentioned, the IOT word is not a series of self-contained events, but is an entire collective whole and must be considered as such.

And because of event horizons, what the rest of the world sees and what Black Hole sees differ to an astronomic degree.

Did you really have to start smack in my SOI?

We may have to take you out, depending on what territory you're aiming for.
Well, China is a big place and I am only in one small corner of it right up against the ocean. Hardly in the middle of anywhere. I do not see Pearl River expanding much beyond the Yangtze. That leaves you all of northern China.

Anyway, I am so new to all of this I should be a push over if you are the unfriendly type.

Changed religion to Buddhism.

I thought we were over the whole "I have influence in a region I can't actually have influence in" thing. Gah.

Well, China is a big place and I am only in one small corner of it right up against the ocean. Hardly in the middle of anywhere. I do not see Pearl River expanding much beyond the Yangtze. That leaves you all of northern China.

Anyway, I am so new to all of this I should be a push over if you are the unfriendly type.

Just maintain a large standing army and spam forts along the border.

It appears that starting stats will look kinda like this?

Population: 500
Industry: .1
Tax rate: 20%
GNP: 50 + trade
Cash: 10 (.2*50) + trade
Armies:
Navies:

So how does trade work? Between players or between a player and unclaimed territory?
At level 1 tech only adjacent land can be attacked from a fort?

An updated placement map would be great to see. I need to count the turns before GW attacks me. ;)

Sone will more than likely have an excel sheet to show stats. View an update in Multipolarity for an example. It'll be easy to see what you have to spend, your military power, etc.

Did you really have to start smack in my SOI?

We may have to take you out, depending on what territory you're aiming for.
The Qi Dynasty rules from Beijing and follows Chinese beliefs, and yet a nation in China which follows a foreign religion from the far west claims to be the ruler of most of China? Sounds like a certain pot...

Actually, it leaves only Central China, which would explain some upsetting. And yet, I did not become upset when a nation was chosen not only three territories away but also had adopted neither Confucianism nor Buddhism, but Celto-Catholicism.

Hey, I have Greece to contend with. Ya'll should be happy you didn't start in Europe.

Hey, I have Greece to contend with. Ya'll should be happy you didn't start in Europe.

The man has a point, Europe has 12 nations tucked in there, Asia only has 8. As to people getting annoyed already my only words of advice are, "try to make a friend before you start making enemies".

Speaking of Friends, Mongolia is happy to welcome the Pearl River Kingdom into the Buddhist Faith.

PS: This is just the sign up thread right? When should we expect the real thread?

I do not see Pearl River expanding much beyond the Yangtze. That leaves you all of northern China.

Just a pro-tip: IOTs are about expansion, expansion and expansion. With the exception of uber-simple IOTs (IOT I, WIM-IOT, IOT IV ect.) and uber-complex IOTs (Iron and Blood, I & II) the best strategy in most IOTs is peaceful expansion. You could possibly get away with investing in industry, I'm not 100% on how that works. However, most likely, if you choose not to expand you will be behind most of the other players economically.

However, if you want to not expand then it is up to you. IOT is about having fun and if a small empire on the Yangtze river floats your boat, good on you. Heck, declaring a schism on turn one can't be good for my overall economy, but it's what I want to do. :)

@Sonereal: You might want to add Russian Orthodox Christianity to the list as a schism of Celtic-Catholicism, that will become a religion turn one.

The man has a point, Europe has 12 nations tucked in there, Asia only has 8. As to people getting annoyed already my only words of advice are, "try to make a friend before you start making enemies".

Speaking of Friends, Mongolia is happy to welcome the Pearl River Kingdom into the Buddhist Faith.

PS: This is just the sign up thread right? When should we expect the real thread?

There may only be 8 nations in Asia, but 4 in China. That said, if your plans are to remain small, we shouldn't have too big a conflict.

If you invade the Pearl River Kingdom, Japan shall send its Army against you.

Hey can a old GM and former player who lost his account still join this game?
Thanks
FPSlover

PS; If so were could i place my kingdon/Republic?

Anywhere that is still free... but of course you don't know which provinces are or are not free. I don't think there is anybody in Africa, besides Egypt, and there's still plenty of room in Asia. Or Europe, for that matter, but it's more crowded.

Top Bottom