Game freezes.

CrimsonEdge

Warlord
Has anyone else had one of their games freeze? It's getting to the point where I'm considering returning the game. Three times now today my game has frozen, causing me to replay a large chunk of the game I've already played.

The disk is fine, no visible marks or smudges. It's clean as well. PS3 is fine. Freezing only happens with this game, doesn't freeze the console (XMB works fine). Currently I have a game that has sit on the same frame for 30 minutes just to make sure it isn't my patience that is lacking.

Meh.

My civrev games freeze about 25% of the time. So that i have to restart the console. I have xbox 360 though. :/ Civrev froze once the day i bought it.

A bit irritated. PS3 BD player broke over night. After Civ Rev froze, all of my BD's got various errors. It's weird. It detects that certain games are in, and others it doesn't... however, once I hit play, I get a different error per game.

I'm always reminded why I don't like consoles.

A bit irritated. PS3 BD player broke over night. After Civ Rev froze, all of my BD's got various errors. It's weird. It detects that certain games are in, and others it doesn't... however, once I hit play, I get a different error per game.

I'm always reminded why I don't like consoles.

Yeah, because there's nothing frustrating about installing a legit copy of a game on your PC and still having to counter all the excessive copyright protection. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because there's nothing frustrating about installing a legit copy of a game on your PC and still having to counter all the excessive copyright protection. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've never had any issues with copy protection from any game except Titan Quest, and it wasn't anything major anyway.

Every console I've ever had that has used a disk has broken. PS1, PS2, PS3, X-Box, X-Box 360, Dreamcast.

I think the PS3 version of this game has a lot of problems. Freezing is one of them. There are a bunch of people on the 2K forums complaining and the vast majority of them have the game for PS3 it seems.

I have the 360 version and it has only frozen once on me and that was in online multiplayer. I haven't run into any problems in the single player game.

I get a 'pause' with riflemen and cannons a lot of times but that's the extent of it. I've got a 40gb PS3.

My game also freezes every now and again on my 60gb PS3. It freezes completely so i have to manually restart it.
Very annoying when i haven't saved my game for a long time. It seems pretty random on when it happens, though, going into the pedia sometimes causes a complete freeze.

My game also freezes every now and again on my 60gb PS3. It freezes completely so i have to manually restart it.
Very annoying when i haven't saved my game for a long time. It seems pretty random on when it happens, though, going into the pedia sometimes causes a complete freeze.

Happens to my xBox as well... not all the time... but it's real irritating when it does.

I get random PS3 freezes too. I had the game freeze when I was trying to get to the screen to save the game, that pissed me off good.

Just a heads up, there is a rare problem with the 2.42 firmware that causes certain PS3's to lose BD functionality. This was the reasoning behind my freezing (as before I updated I never froze). If you are freezing and have never froze since the 2.42 update, play sparingly until the next update which, according to rumor, will be coming out in a week.

I somehow doubt that it will though.

Just a heads up guys. Long thread here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...&thread.id=6967&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

If you've got the update and you're working fine then there is nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom