Please Read: Welcome to the Civ-V GOTM

You really just have to play for fun. Even if the HoF rules could be enforced with a HoF mod, there would still be the problem of people getting map-knowledge before playing (which AFAIK is still a problem with the pre-Civ5 GOTMs which have a HoF mod).

To me that reads as we are following all the HoF rules. However, since none of it can be enforced without a mod, those who exploit the AI the best will always be on top, while those of us who actually try to follow the rules will never be on top.
What it says to me is that the software is not yet ready to hold proper competitions. Something we have said a few times. :)

That second link states

To me that reads as we are following all the HoF rules. However, since none of it can be enforced without a mod, those who exploit the AI the best will always be on top, while those of us who actually try to follow the rules will never be on top.

I'm not sure me or you will ever be on the top no matter what the rules are so I wouldnt worry too much on that front :D (no offense intended!!)

thanks for all your effort leif - I for one enjoy playing the games and also like seeing what other people get up to.
yes, some of the stuff push the morality a bit and I don't do them myself, but I've learned a hell of a lot more from those players than from anyone else.

BIGGEST EXPLOIT EVER

Why are ancient ruins turned on? these things are really random and can sometimes give you a free tech which is game breaking and will cause someone to get a higher score .. just by luck?

Is it just me or should this been disabled i am now playing TSG 48 And saw ancient ruins are on.

BIGGEST EXPLOIT EVER

Why are ancient ruins turned on? these things are really random and can sometimes give you a free tech which is game breaking and will cause someone to get a higher score .. just by luck?

Is it just me or should this been disabled i am now playing TSG 48 And saw ancient ruins are on.

This is still The Training Series so it isnt an official competition ... yet. And ruins have a been a part of GotM for a long time. My last effort without ruins (GotM46) was unintentional and a part of my game creation learning curve.

Whether we go forward with them after this becomes a proper competition now that the DLL has been released is up for debate, but we are not identical to the Hall of Fame series. As far as I know not all of the rules will be exactly the same between the two.

BIGGEST EXPLOIT EVER

Ancient Ruins, Goody Huts or whatever you wish to call them have been a controversy in GOTM for a long time. Some people like them and others do not. For now at least, the decision has been to keep them in the game.

I would hardly call them the biggest exploit ever, however, I understand your issue.

So.. there won't be any GOTMs for vanilla anymore?

edit:
Nevermind - just saw that the gold edition upgrade is really cheap at the moment. I'll just buy that and hope its the right one.

I'm new to these and have just downloaded all 62 games. Will I still be able to play them with G+K? Or will I have to start where the G+K saves start? Incidentally which save is the first G+K save?

Thanks.

If you load a vanilla GOTM, G&K should be auto-disabled and you'll be playing the vanilla game.

IIRC, the Celts science game (GOTM 48 or 49?) was the first G&K game.

Welcome to GOTM.

Thanks, I think Browd is correct :thanx:, you should be able to play the older ones.

The first G&K game is TSG40, Celts. Hope you enjoy them and good luck. :thumbsup:

do all of the games in this series require the gods and kings expansion pack?
edit:nevermind i didnt read the previous comment

Hi, I keep trying to load the Game of the Month and get a different starting point every time no matter what I do. Am I supposed to download something?

Thank you for that information about having to download he save file...however. When I try and open it it wants to open with media player and then there is an error. Am I supposed to open it somewhere specific or download it there? I have Civ 5 on Steam.

You need to download the save to your C:\Users\leif\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single folder. Then start Civ5 and go to Single Player and Load Game. Select the save and you should be off and running.

Thanks for your time...alas it doesn't give me the option to download to that area. It only gives me the option to "open" and when I do that it says "auto" or "quick" I tried downloading into both of those and it doesn't allow it. It says "Choose Helper Application" It just seems to want me to open it with word type programs.

What browser are you using? What is your operating system? Win7, Win 8, or MAC?

edit - Your browser does not give you the option to "Save"?

Win 8.1.

It says I have the option to save, but when I go to browse for the area to save in it only gives me the option to keep opening.

Top Bottom